Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DIY Oil Catch Can
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Jeebus
Saw this on another forum, and decided to try myself.
Yes, you can get stuff for cheaper on eBay, but I'm all about trying my own way, especially when it comes to my own car.

I made two stops today before work (Lordco & Home Depot), but I probably could have gotten everything at Home Depot.

Total spent: ~$29 after tax

Home Depot:
Air Compressor Filter
1/4" vacuum tube cap
Teflon Tape
1/4" Tube clamp

Lordco:
2 x Barb Fitting pipes (3/8" Hose fitting, 1/4" Male NPT ends)

I forgot to buy the filter material itself, so it'll probably cost an extra few dollars.

First, disassemble the Air Compressor filter. All you need is the top, the O-Ring gasket, and the bottom case. It all screws apart, so it's nice and easy.

I then had to use a flat-head screwdriver to keep the valve from opening in towards the tube itself when putting the 1/4" vacuum tube cap on.

And I pushed down the cap as best as I could.

Next up, use the 1/4" tube clamp of your choice (this was the one available to me at Home Depot), to clamp the cap, tight.

Voila

Next up, I wrapped Teflon tape around the threaded ends of the barb fitting pipes.

And I put it all together.

So my next step is to buy the filter to stuff into the tube, then attach it onto my engine.

I'll be posting that real soon, once I get my intake hose to replace, I'll be attaching this sucker, and updating this thread.

Stay tuned!
yellowchinaman
Same as mine:

delusionz
lol interesting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.