Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did you miss me?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
sr666
I hope so because I'm back biggrin.gif

You may or may not remember my old White gen 6 which I absolutely loved, due to her needing work for the MOT she had to go as I just couldn't fund keeping her, I got rid of her sadly and then finally scratched the itch and got a MR2

Daisy when she left my hands

In the new owners hands

My MR2

And having realised what a donkey she was she's off to be scrapped and replaced with this

I haven't got any recent pics but she's much closer to standard than she is in these pics

Chat to you all again soon smile.gif

JoshuaM

YOU BOUGHT GEORGE?!?!?!?! redface.gif redface.gif redface.gif

Very good to see it in some capable hands. Oh, and what a front end (Hiro, isn't it?).

Just stick some silver wheels on it and its done! biggrin.gif
ILoveMySilly97
Hahaha. So I see you bought your friends 6gc. Love to have you back man. 6gc is the best car you'll ever own.
Malek
HA!! There's something about these cars, huh?!

Having gone through STi's, swapped RS's, Tacoma's, and Audi's..I came back to a Celica.

I don't plan on leaving it again haha
sr666
Certainly is George smile.gif

I won't be doing very much to it as I need to sort some other things out first then we'll see what happens

It indeed the Hiro front lip, I don't know if I like it or not at the moment, I don't mind the way it looks but I'm not so keen on the way that it sends the side profile into seeming out of proportion.

It may well be getting changed over to a standard front if I decide to keep the car as I'm undecided as to what to do at the moment frown.gif
JoshuaM
QUOTE (sr666 @ Sep 14, 2013 - 12:26 PM) *
Certainly is George smile.gif

I won't be doing very much to it as I need to sort some other things out first then we'll see what happens

It indeed the Hiro front lip, I don't know if I like it or not at the moment, I don't mind the way it looks but I'm not so keen on the way that it sends the side profile into seeming out of proportion.

It may well be getting changed over to a standard front if I decide to keep the car as I'm undecided as to what to do at the moment frown.gif

YOU BETTER KEEP IT! Lol tongue.gif I'm sure you would make a pretty penny if you parted with it though tongue.gif

Replace the OEM sides with TRD ones and add TRD rears if it doesn't have them already and the side profile should be sweeeet too! smile.gif
ILoveMySilly97
That lip actually would flow with the body better if you did have trd sides and rears. Lol.
zoocsijr
Nice to see you back! Great Celi! What are your plans?
cheela
welcome back!
sr666
Hi all it's good to be back in a proper Toyota haha.

As for plans I've not got too many plans for it really, it could do with some alloys that are a bit bigger but maybe an exhaust but that's all if I'm honest. I'm thinking of removing the front lip and replacing with a standard bumper / remove the subtle rear lip then style it in a similar way to Daisy if the love comes in the same way as it did with Daisy :-)

Pfloyd09
What didn't you like about the MR2? Been thinking about getting the same model you just got rid of. Did that one have the 3s-gte?
sr666
QUOTE (Pfloyd09 @ Sep 16, 2013 - 11:51 AM) *
What didn't you like about the MR2? Been thinking about getting the same model you just got rid of. Did that one have the 3s-gte?

To be honest mate if it's a half decent one that's standard and a safe base to start from I'm sure it'd be a great car.

The one I bought wasn't particularly well looked after. After 3 months of fixing previous problems with it I decided enough's enough and got rid of it

It's a good fun car don't get me wrong but it's more important to get a good base to work with.

Not to mention the amount of difficulty to change even the simplest things on them and mine was a N/A thr turbo's are a nightmare to work on frown.gif
Box
QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Sep 14, 2013 - 5:27 AM) *
6gc is the best economy car you'll ever own.

Fixed it for you. tongue.gif

Welcome back! If anything the new Celica looks better than the old. Maybe you're like me and prefer black, if so it all worked out for the best anyhow.
sr666
QUOTE (Box @ Sep 16, 2013 - 5:31 PM) *
Welcome back! If anything the new Celica looks better than the old. Maybe you're like me and prefer black, if so it all worked out for the best anyhow.

Cheers lol. It's kinda funny really how it worked out in the end lol

I don't mind the black but I don't like the front lip, If I can get another front bumper it'll come off I'll put it almost back to standard then build it again if I kee it but so far there's no spark between me and the car and I don't have any idea why. I'll give it time it might change my mind smile.gif
sr666
Well that didn't take long did it,

I've been driving the car and I just can't get attached to it so it's going to be left as it is. It's got a blowing exhaust and the clutch is on it's way out but I'm going to save my money up and move away from Toyota's I expect. I fancy another import so next up I'll be looking at a Mitsi FTO so I don't think I'll be keeping George very long smile.gif
Box
You're worse than I am, at least I keep mine for 6-12 months before moving on. tongue.gif I wouldn't buy a Mitsubishi, especially one with turbos. I had their halo car and it was a piece of junk, I'd hate to see how their lesser cars hold up. Maybe it's time you get a traditional RWD sports car of some sort and give that a go.
sr666
QUOTE (Box @ Oct 1, 2013 - 4:58 PM) *
You're worse than I am, at least I keep mine for 6-12 months before moving on. tongue.gif I wouldn't buy a Mitsubishi, especially one with turbos. I had their halo car and it was a piece of junk, I'd hate to see how their lesser cars hold up. Maybe it's time you get a traditional RWD sports car of some sort and give that a go.

Nah I wouldn't get an Evo or similar they're way out of my price range anyways lol.

The FTO is a little 2 + 2 coupe, 200bhp, Mivec from the GPX and a tiptronic gearbox, Lovely looking cars and v6 as well smile.gif

It's another car I've wanted for ages but if I don't get something fun I'm going to buy myself a pushbike at this rate LOL
Box
Get it with the 5-speed manual, gah!
sr666
Rare as hen's teeth over here mate, trying to get a Manual only GPX is almost mission impossible, they're either the tiptronic's or they're the GR spec which isn't really worth bothering with at 150bhp :-(
Box
Just find you a nice Morris or TVR. tongue.gif
sr666
Yeah might well do, I don't think I need both my kidneys anyway tongue.gif
JoshuaM

Well.... that didn't last long.... kindasad.gif
sr666
Certainly didn't.

3 weeks and I'm writing the FS advert already frown.gif

I just can't bond with it if that makes sense. I keep comparing it to my white one and truth be told it's just nowhere near it for handling, speed, response or comfort frown.gif
Box
Spend an obscene amount of money making it more like your first one. tongue.gif
sr666
QUOTE (Box @ Oct 2, 2013 - 4:58 PM) *
Spend an obscene amount of money making it more like your first one. tongue.gif

The first was an ST tongue.gif

The White one was my second one and I'm sure you can imagine how much I spent on that LOL

For the same money I'd put into this I could get something quicker ie a GT-Four if I wanted one lol
Box
There ya go, get a SS-III or GT-Four. redface.gif
sr666
And that concludes the ownership of my latest and most probably my last Celica

I kept George for a grand total of a Month and 3 days LOL
Box
BE THAT WAY.
sr666
Now that's not very nice Box lol

It's not that the car is bad by any means but the issue I've got is that I'm comparing them to my white one and the only thing that would come close is a faff but they're too expensive to buy in the first place let alone run lol

Box
Well there's your problem, buy back your first one. redface.gif
sr666
For the money he's asking and knowing fully well it's not been looked after no chance
Box
Then use a time machine to stop yourself from selling it.
sr666
You have no idea how much I regret selling that car mate :-(

It's the first car I've properly kicked myself for selling :-(
Box
I feel the same about the Supra twins I had.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.