Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toyota Celica tuuune up
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Clarkkent
Heyo! I've got and Toyota Celica 1996 SS-III with 2.0 3SGE engine. Currently it has what ehm 177hp ~ 130kw, and I've been thinking of increasing it to 200hp. So theres 23 ponies to go. Last add up was an apexi cold air intake filter, dunno if it actually adds any hp, but anyway... it's under the hood now. laugh.gif

And please, if you guys have more hp's in your celica than stock, what did you do!? Money limit for me is around 900$, and now I need advises how to reach my goal.
Rusty
mine is 116.7Kw @ wheels / 156.5HP (Which is about what the beams puts out anyway) I don't trust the way UK people do their dyno's, so I don't read to much into their figures.

exhaust, there is a few options out there for our engine still, HKS hipower is a good option, as is the Kakimoto

cams + camgears
cams I would keep around the 22#deg @ 1mm valve lift

increase fund limit get a ecu
haltech platinum sport 1000. reasons: tidy install, can use all factory sensors & runs acis. see youtube install for more details

lastly check out the sticky thread above and go down to the 3S-GE section, lots of info there
Clarkkent
How much cam gears actually affect to power? And will performance headers add any hp?
Rusty
Once you change the cam size you need to fine tune or optimise the cam timing to suit the new camshafts, that's where the cam gears come in.

The factory extractors/header are very good & flow very well, small gains to be made by removing the inside welds/porting them. The only reason IMO for changing them is when you increase the flow of the head, camshafts, valve springs, porting etc

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.