Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe motor replacement
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
wolfo68
I'm switching the motor out of my 1994 ST that had an engine failure just two weeks after I bought it. I found a 1994 Corolla Motor that is the 7afe 1.8L and I have been told uses the same block and the same heads.

Has anyone here used a motor out of a Corolla to replace their engine? I'm wondering how much time it has taken people and how much difficulty they had.

I was also told by a mechanic that they do not use the same mounts despite (apparently) being the same motor. Is he right or should it basically be drop in?
mgnt232
i bought my old one off ebay and it said it was from a corolla (cant be positive it actually was though) and everything was the same. It is the same engine, it just might have certain little differences that arent too hard to tackle
wolfo68
QUOTE (mgnt232 @ Oct 24, 2013 - 7:01 PM) *
i bought my old one off ebay and it said it was from a corolla (cant be positive it actually was though) and everything was the same. It is the same engine, it just might have certain little differences that arent too hard to tackle

Awesome!

Thanks for the Reply
Smaay
same mounts, just use yours.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.