Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1994 Celica's Reconstruction
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3
1994Celica
I decided that it was about time that I did a build thread to show my progress. My father surprised me with the car about 4 years ago. It was a very happy surprise as I've always loved 6th gen Celica's. It had 235k miles on the clock, and only cost $850. It needed a bit of interior work and a trans rebuild but besides that it was in pretty good shape. This is what it looked like when I got it.

Not long after I got it I decided I wanted leather seats so I bought some 7GC seats and put them in.

Sorry the pics aren't the best but all I had was a cellphone camera. The seats were the last thing I did for awhile as I had little money and interest. My interest was revived earlier this year and I decided to reconstruct my Celica to be better than it ever was. The first thing I did to start this was buy a GT-4 body.

After that I graduated from high school and got some nice JDM tails as a present.

With my car looking better and better by the day I decided it was time for some better looking wheels, and a decent set of tires.

Not long after that I scored a nice deal on some projectors, and retrofitted them with HID's. After that I decided it was time to plastidip the whole car white so it would all match.

Update on my future plans
I know have my plans set out for the car. My plans are
Acquire and install cool and rare JDM parts
Manual transmission swap.
A decently built 5s
Upgraded brakes with Avalon calipers in the front.
Complete suspension rebuild including sway bars.
1994Celica
Time to update with some pictures not taken from my cellphone.

Box
Now you just need to upgrade the engine and transmission. wink.gif Looks pretty good to be Plasti-Dip'd.
1994Celica
QUOTE (Box @ Nov 29, 2013 - 11:53 PM) *
Now you just need to upgrade the engine and transmission. wink.gif Looks pretty good to be Plasti-Dip'd.

I'm defiantly going to do something to the engine, just not sure what yet. I'm leaning more towards the BEAMS than anything right now, but still considering other options such as 1m and turbo 5s as well.
Box
If you're wanting to stay auto the 1MZ would be a great choice.
1994Celica
QUOTE (Box @ Nov 29, 2013 - 10:59 PM) *
If you're wanting to stay auto the 1MZ would be a great choice.
No auto, my car will be a manual no matter what choice I go with. biggrin.gif
Box
Ahh, well that's good to hear then. In that case any should be good, just depends on what you're wanting from your car.
zoocsijr
Nice car man! tongue.gif I just wondering about 7gen seats...would them bolt right up to the 6th gen seat rails with no fabrication needed? Or how tricky to install them? biggrin.gif
1994Celica
QUOTE (zoocsijr @ Nov 30, 2013 - 11:57 AM) *
Nice car man! tongue.gif I just wondering about 7gen seats...would them bolt right up to the 6th gen seat rails with no fabrication needed? Or how tricky to install them? biggrin.gif

Thanks! I had to swap the rails and seat pan from the 6gc seats to the 7gc seats. It took a bit of time but it wasn't too terribly hard.
JasonTX
looks pretty cool. wanna do the same seats, how comfortabe do you find them compaired to the stock ones? also where in TX are you , i've been having to drive to SA for work a lot recently. maybe i can take the celica for a drive out next time i go.
1994Celica
QUOTE (JasonTX @ Dec 16, 2013 - 12:27 PM) *
looks pretty cool. wanna do the same seats, how comfortabe do you find them compaired to the stock ones? also where in TX are you , i've been having to drive to SA for work a lot recently. maybe i can take the celica for a drive out next time i go.

I didn't have stock seats for long so I don't really remember how they feel. The 7gc seats are good though, comfortable and supportive.Also I love in Lubbock. I don't think there are many 6gc members in my area if any at all.

JasonTX
your a bit farther than i usually travel, but if i head up that way we should meet up maybe do a photo shoot
1994Celica
I have some small updates. I've installed some hood struts, some cool JDM parts, S2000 antenna and got my fogs to work.

1994Celica
Some more small updates, will have more pics up later. My car now has
LED interior lights
Clear indicators
JDM rubber trunk mat
Used a rear fog switch as a switch for my regular fogs.

I know these updates are small but the big stuff will start soon.

JoshuaM

Small but cool... Keep it up smile.gif
1994Celica
QUOTE (JoshuaM @ Mar 1, 2014 - 7:59 PM) *
Small but cool... Keep it up smile.gif

Thanks! I promise bigger stuff is coming soon. I already have most of my suspension and brake parts, and I have a manual transmission coming. I just need to find a low mile 5s and put it all in.
1994Celica
Some more small things.

GT4 rain deflector

TRD 3point Strut brace

JDM cupholder armrest
1994Celica
So haven't updated in awhile, mainly because I'm still gathering parts,but I finally got my JDM fenders on and dipped. Pics a bit crappy but its all I have. I really need to get some shots done with a good camera.

Box
Are the side-markers clear or missing? Either way they look a lot better than the USDM fenders.
BonzaiCelica
nice stuff going on here. whats the offset. your tires could use some more meat on them to cover fit the monster truck gaping. those look like some 205/45R17 tires....
Nial
QUOTE (Box @ Jun 25, 2014 - 1:27 AM) *
Are the side-markers clear or missing? Either way they look a lot better than the USDM fenders.

Its what the rest of the world gets, the side markers are behind the front wheel, only the US got the side markers in front of the wheel for some strange reason, must be something to do with your road laws/regulations???
Box
I know, the picture isn't the best in the world and I don't see any orange. You can see something there, but you can't tell if it's a hole or a clear lens. There are lots of cars sold over here that have them in the JDM location, so who knows. Why the Celica has the front side-markers I'll never know anyway since the turn signals wrap around and meet the requirements for side-markers in the way that the tail-lights do.
1994Celica
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Jun 25, 2014 - 1:49 AM) *
nice stuff going on here. whats the offset. your tires could use some more meat on them to cover fit the monster truck gaping. those look like some 205/45R17 tires....

Thanks! I believe the size is 215/40-17, and the offset is 40mm. Oh and Box I do have sidemarkers, they're just clear. I really need to get some decent pictures of my car.
Justin73
I like the JDM rubber mat, do you have the link to the supplier? I have looked on ebay with no success. Just for interest, my tyres are 235/45/17, they fit well with no scrubbing and thats with a 38 offset. so if you want to go a little wider, you can :)

cheers

J
1994Celica
QUOTE (Justin73 @ Sep 28, 2014 - 9:00 PM) *
I like the JDM rubber mat, do you have the link to the supplier? I have looked on ebay with no success.
cheers

J

I bought that from a member on here. They're quite rare and I've never seen another for sale. I got lucky finding this one. Just keep looking and I'm sure you'll find one.
1994Celica
Bumping this from the dead! Started work on the rear bushings. That s*** effing sucks. Going to have to drop the whole sub frame now. I'm also having trouble getting the bolts that connect the hub off. The good news is I got brakes and strut off the passenger side. Once I can figure out how to remove the hub bolts I can move onto getting the big bolt out from the hub.
enderswift
Dropping the subframe is pretty much mandatory. Removing those hub is literally 80 percent of what makes this job suck. Buy a torch, or buy a press, and good luck
1994Celica
QUOTE (enderswift @ Jul 25, 2015 - 8:06 PM) *
Dropping the subframe is pretty much mandatory. Removing those hub is literally 80 percent of what makes this job suck. Buy a torch, or buy a press, and good luck

I have all of those so I'm prepared. I'm just hoping I can get those two bolts off the hub.
Box
Lots of Liquid Wrench and let it sit for awhile. If you have a bottle torch hit it with that and it'll make life a lot easier. Another thing you might try if you have it on hand is mixing ATF and acetone 50/50 to use as penetrating oil.
1994Celica
Progress today! The entire sub frame is off. I couldn't get two of the bolts off the passenger side hub nor could my dad. The long bolts through the hub are also stuck in both sides. Going to see if the shop can get them out and the hub bolts too. I'm also going to have them press out the old bushings and press in the new ones.

1994Celica
Preview of what's to come after the suspension rebuild

Box
Wooooo go faster bits!
Batman722
Wins.
Box
Pie.
1994Celica
Yep yep. Ready to get my suspension done. I'll take it on one last drive before the beams. After working on the rear suspension I'm more confident in my ability to do an engine swap.
Box
Just take your time and double check everything and you'll be fine. Plus all the nice folks here will catch you should you fall, time after time. Ahhh, now that song is playing in my head. *goes to YouTube*
1994Celica
Bushings were finished today. Lot of money for some bushings and bolt removal. Oh well..... they're done. This weekend I will reinstall everything to the frame. Hopefully my new bolts will be in by then too.
njccmd2002
oh those times.

worth it.
1994Celica
I hope it is... I've got a crap ton of money in it now.
msk59
I read through your post and that is significant amount of work done to the car. Excellent Job.
1994Celica
QUOTE (msk59 @ Jul 29, 2015 - 11:26 AM) *
I read through your post and that is significant amount of work done to the car. Excellent Job.

Thanks! I still have a long way to go though.
Box
And a short time to get there, I'm west bound just watch 'ol Bandit run!
1994Celica
Progress today! Although nothing huge. New struts and tein springs are on. This weekend hopefully k can get the subframe back on and new sway bar mounted
Box
Swap drivetrains already. redface.gif
1994Celica
QUOTE (Box @ Sep 11, 2015 - 6:02 AM) *
Swap drivetrains already. redface.gif

One thing at a time. Rear suspension needs to be done first. After that then I can get into the horrible engine swap.
1994Celica
Progress today! Entire subframe is back on with poly bushings. New st swaybar is on as well. Tomorrow I'll put on all my new braking stuff and the rear end is more or less done!
1994Celica
Car is on 4 wheels again! It has new calipers, rotors and stop tech stainless steel brake lines. Also poly bushings and an ST sway bar. It took longer than it should off but it's finally done. Here's some pics of it completed.

Box
All that work and not going for a test drive? redface.gif
1994Celica
QUOTE (Box @ Oct 3, 2015 - 8:53 PM) *
All that work and not going for a test drive? redface.gif

It was raining today and my brothers Buick is in front of it and currently not where it can move.
njccmd2002
ooohh, i love shiny bits. pretty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.