Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the big thread of 1mz stuff
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3
kurt95gt
So I've desided I want to downsize to just having one celica of my own. So I'm going to swap the v6 into the coupe.
I figure this is a better time than never to get make a thread going into as much detail as I can about the swap.
This will mainly be for us that don't live in the smog Nazi states lol.
But will try to make the thread as smog friendly as I can tongue.gif
OK let get to it
The victim

The motor

The full build will start over the next few days an I'll add pics of every part an as many part numbers as I can!
Ok let's start the the parts list
98 Avalon 1mzfe
95 celica s54
Custom harness done by mr220v
95 celica gt CV axles
95 celica gt front,rear, drivers motor mounts stock
95 celica gt pass mount modified
92 Camry 3vz flywheel
Stage 2 Southbend clutch pressure plate for a mr2 turbo an disc reslpined for s54
96 es300 full intake
95 celica evap system
Custom axle carrier mount
95 celica radiator
"Custom" rad hoses
Kirk poly inserts for front an rear mounts
Sunpro tach
Will update this again with a few part numbers
richee3
You know I'd be up there to lend a hand if I didn't have to work. smile.gif Now get off 6gc and get that V6 into a new home!
Droptop93
I agree with Daniel. Get some more kerosene and get to work. I especially will be following this and taking lots of notes :-). You know why.
kurt95gt
No worries dan!
An I'll make you have all the info you need tom
Were gonna bust out as much as we can with as many pics as I can tomorrow
bluecelicawife
Chill guys. You know it's getting done shortly cause I won't let him stop. Even though I have done most of what got done today....lol but most of the rest will be him. Today we will be having a few friends over so we will have an extra set of hands in on the pulling. If there is any questions or certain things anyone needs to know post them and we will answer.
RabidTRD
I expect to see TRD skirts on as well... Lol
kurt95gt
QUOTE (RabidTRD @ Dec 27, 2013 - 2:29 AM) *
I expect to see TRD skirts on as well... Lol

Idk what your talking about?
What is this TRD you speak of??
ILoveMySilly97
Ima be following this thread. Lol. Please if you can take as many pics of the mods you've done. Lol.
Droptop93
QUOTE (bluecelicawife @ Dec 27, 2013 - 1:25 AM) *
Chill guys. You know it's getting done shortly cause I won't let him stop. Even though I have done most of what got done today....lol but most of the rest will be him. Today we will be having a few friends over so we will have an extra set of hands in on the pulling. If there is any questions or certain things anyone needs to know post them and we will answer.

Get him some air tools and it will get done faster.......
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Dec 27, 2013 - 2:04 AM) *
Ima be following this thread. Lol. Please if you can take as many pics of the mods you've done. Lol.

Lol.

Good luck Kurt.
bluecelicawife
QUOTE (Droptop93 @ Dec 27, 2013 - 2:29 AM) *
QUOTE (bluecelicawife @ Dec 27, 2013 - 1:25 AM) *

Get him some air tools and it will get done faster.......

we don't have room for an air tank or he'd have one already. He has too much other junk to be able to get one...lol

We will do as many pics as we can. I will make sure of it.
Droptop93
Air compressor isn't that big mine is a 20gal tank it takes up as much space as a stack of wheels/tires.

Anyway a question I never asked: does the 1mz use premium fuel?
kurt95gt
QUOTE (Droptop93 @ Dec 27, 2013 - 1:36 PM) *
Air compressor isn't that big mine is a 20gal tank it takes up as much space as a stack of wheels/tires.

Anyway a question I never asked: does the 1mz use premium fuel?

Only if your running a es300 ecu
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (K-ESD @ Aug 28, 2006 - 3:18 PM) *
This engine uses a returnless fuel system, basicly a ordinary fuel pump with the regulator inside the tank. I adapted this system by swaping out my 5SFE pump for a sienna pump (bolt on, plug and play), hacked off a section off the steel return line next to the pump, strapped on the regulator and Tee-d the main line to the return line on top of the fuel pump cap.

What do you think? Lol. It's from his v6 swap.
kurt95gt
It sounds like it would work.
I just have to see it in person to fully understand how its put together
kurt95gt
Finally got the 1mz out of the yellow celica
stephen_lee
thumbsup.gif
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Jan 4, 2014 - 8:54 PM) *
Finally got the 1mz out of the yellow celica
yea!
richee3
Post pictures!
Box
YEAH PICTURES! Just think though, you've already done it once so it'll be easy this time around. tongue.gif
kurt95gt
Sorry guys .didn't really take any pics
I know Liz has a couple I'll have her upload them an I'll get them posted
bloodMoney
kurt95gt
Sorry the lack of pictures is due to a lack of work so far frown.gif
bloodMoney
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
bluecelicawife
There are some pics I sent them to him earlier he just haven't done anything with them yet
mkernz22
QUOTE (bluecelicawife @ Jan 6, 2014 - 7:33 PM) *
There are some pics I sent them to him earlier he just haven't done anything with them yet

Box
^ laugh.gif

Well well then, someone gots some 'splaining to do.
Droptop93
I gotta pikture.......
kurt95gt
OK OK OK already tongue.gif

ILoveMySilly97
Man!!! I so need to do this!!!
bloodMoney

kurt95gt
That's all there is right now
Its not exactly warm here ATM lol
Keiri
Just saw this thread - it's gonna be good!

Kurt and Liz take your time and keep warm - the car/swap will still be there once the ice/snow thaws.

This is going to be one clean, mean coupe!
bluecelicawife
It would be nice to have a good garage to work in since we have all this time off of work. Boo for having a ****ty garage. .lol
mkernz22
big space heater....haha
kurt95gt
Once all the ice is gone well be getting the coupe back in the garage an start getting work done
Just need to deside if I'm paint the valve covers a different color or not
Box
Hmm, paint them metallic black or anthracite. redface.gif
kurt95gt
Slow progress but still progress none the less

Clean engine bay

Semi clean trans.
Hoping to finish all my cleaning this weekend an maybe start getting everything painted
kurt95gt
Finally got another break in the below freezing temps we've had an got some more work done.

Block is clean an painted.

Trans is done

Desided to paint the timing cover
Still not 100% sure if I like it or not but its done.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get the motor an trans back together.
bluecelicawife
At least the motor is back in the car. Not done yet but had a friend come up and helped Kurt get it that far
kurt95gt
I'll get this updated after this weekend.
The motors in now just have to hook it all back up
Goal was to finish it this weekend but unfortunately I was sick Sunday frown.gif
Box
Sorry to hear you were sick, but at least you're really close to being done.
kurt95gt
QUOTE (Box @ Mar 19, 2014 - 5:09 PM) *
Sorry to hear you were sick, but at least you're really close to being done.

It sucks but I'm better now an its warm
Plus some other little suprises are almost done wink.gif
Box
Oooh, surprises.
kurt95gt
For those of you that don't have Facebook
She's running again an starting to look like a real celica again
I will be setting Down in the near future to do a full write up on the fist post with pics an part numbers on the first page
1994Celica
I've seen the Facebook picture. It's looking great.
kurt95gt
QUOTE (1994Celica @ Apr 2, 2014 - 11:55 AM) *
I've seen the Facebook picture. It's looking great.

Thanks I've been putting in a lot of effort
Happy to see its been time well spent
Box
I have facebook, but refuse to use it. So post pictures here please. redface.gif
95CelicaST
What are you using for shift cable bushings? Looks like dirty rubber ones to me....

Might I recommend a set of these....

http://twosrus.com/catalog/product_info.ph...products_id=949

Also, on a semi-related note - I changed my rear bank valve cover gasket last weekend, and I realized how much of a PITA it is to get back there. I had to remove pretty much all of the vac lines up top, remove the upper intake manifold, wrestle with the harness, blah blah blah blah.
mkernz22
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Apr 2, 2014 - 6:45 PM) *
What are you using for shift cable bushings? Looks like dirty rubber ones to me....

Might I recommend a set of these....

http://twosrus.com/catalog/product_info.ph...products_id=949

Also, on a semi-related note - I changed my rear bank valve cover gasket last weekend, and I realized how much of a PITA it is to get back there. I had to remove pretty much all of the vac lines up top, remove the upper intake manifold, wrestle with the harness, blah blah blah blah.

From the website...
" **these do not fit the 93-99 celica,"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.