Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seventh Gen Corolla
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
DeviantCorndog
Just looking and could not find a lot of information, but is the 1.8 corolla manual transmission the same as the manual tranny in the celica 1.8?
Bitter
I don't think they're identical but they should interchange. I believe slightly different ratio's. Look up the Wikipedia article about Toyota Transmissions and see the list of applications to find the trans model and check the ratios to confirm.
DeviantCorndog
Celica has the A246E while the corolla has the A245E still not much info on if they are interchangeable..will keep looking though.
Bitter
Those are automatic transmissions, you're asking about manuals...
RavenAegis45
Off the top of my head I believe as long as there both 1.8L engines (7A-FE) then they should both have the C56 transmission, But I could be wrong
SwissFerdi
7A-FE manual transmission is C52. Wouldn't 'Rolla use the same box as 7th gen Celica, C60 (or maybe C160)?
Bitter
C60 is a 6 speed isn't? 6spd with a 7afe would be interesting though.
SwissFerdi
It bolts up, supposedly, just never documented as far as I know. I wouldn't mind a sixth gear at all, although I imagine the ratios are a bit off because the 7A really has to rev to go anywhere at all remotely in a hurry.
delusionz
c60 is the 6 speed box for a 2zz, i think the c160 the 6speed box for the bz-r levin/trueno 4age blacktop
delusionz
the blacktop 6 speed box revs really high to make the most of the 1.6 with 8200 limiter

that box in a celica with your 6800 usdm redline is going to cruise abnormally high revs and have a stupid low top speed in each gear you would definitely need to put some big wheels on or some ****

in the original car 4th gear cruising at 34mph it would rev around 3500

wonder if theres any reason why you cant drop a 2zz into a USDM ST and repin the fusebox plug with the entire 7th gen harness
DeviantCorndog
Thanks for all the information guys i appreciate it. Still gathering information let you guys know when I find out more. Again thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.