Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: whats the best turbo
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
pxcr440
what woudl be the best turbo in your guy's opinion for the 5sfe
97sccelica
cant say, depends on your power goals and how much, if any, internal work you plan to do.

low boost/power ct26

mid range t3

higher range t3/t4 hybrid

stock internals wont handle enough to get into the peak efficiency of a t3.
pxcr440
in the future when i turbo i plan on port and polish , lower compression forged pistons and stronger rods
FallenHero
anything ball-bearing.
BlackSTX
Garrett T25 ball-bearing turbo. Up to 225 hp. Plenty good for a 5sfe.
XXX_Mina
what about Garrett GT28 for the 3sgte??? fensport makes a kit using that turbo... is it anygood... how would 22psi from that turbo compare to the ct20b. how does it compare to the T3 in spool time and max psi...

Mina
FallenHero
Is the GT-28 the
"Disco Potato?"

lol
BlackSTX
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Feb 4, 2004 - 7:58 AM)
Is the GT-28 the
"Disco Potato?"

lol

I don't get it... Definitely get ball-bearing. It's supposed to spool faster and be more reliable. Doesn't it also eliminate the need for oil return lines? Correct me if I'm wrong on that. I may be repeating wrong info.
jayi12-15psi
I think the disco potato was the 240 in scc, but, I could be wrong, but I think it was a car in scc

I cant remember why they called it the disco potato
FallenHero
yea, the car was nasty and brown, so the guy called it his 'disco potato'.

Anyway, they put the new turbo on and it made MAD gains, so they called the turbo 'the disco potato'

Or something,and yes, I think the ball bearing turbos are self-contained to some point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.