Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to the forum
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Website Discussion
japukspares
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and tried to put an advert in the for sale and wanted part of the website. But it doesn't appear to list the advert after I have clicked submit.

Am I doing something wrong, or do the moderators check the posts before they are listed.

I tried twice today, so don't want to try again incase both end up getting listed later somehow.

Is it because I am new member and need to have a certain amount of posts before I can post in that part of the forum?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
richee3
Hi,

We have had an issue with spambots here over the last year or so, so we recently had to change new member registration. New member's posts remain invisible until a moderator approves them. After the first few posts are approved, members gain full posting privileges.

I saw both threads that you started. I approved one and deleted the other, since there is no need for duplicate threads. You can ignore the automatically generated PM. It was for the duplicate thread, not the original.

The board gives the moderators a notification when there are invisible threads that need approval, but it hasn't been notifying me of individual posts. If the thread isn't close to the top of the page, it can be easy to miss. If you make a post in an older thread that doesn't get approved in a reasonable amount of time, feel free to notify one of us.
japukspares
No problem at all.

Thanks for letting me know.

I received the PM and realised that one of the posts had been deleted. Thanks for sorting that for me.

smile.gif
richee3
No problem. The PM makes it sound like I'm angry but it's really no big deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.