Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cali Summer Annual meet!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Meet/Event Discussion
ILoveMySilly97
I'm just wandering where's the best location so everyone can attend. Everyone from Norcal all the way down to SoCal. Also what's the best dates? And ect. Please put your inputs down. Thanks!

Date: When's the best time?

Date: Early June to Early August
Smaay
the farthest ill go is bakersfield. the last big meet we had was at castiac lake. It was an awesome turnout. I suggest there again
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (Smaay @ Jan 26, 2014 - 8:37 PM) *
the farthest ill go is bakersfield. the last big meet we had was at castiac lake. It was an awesome turnout. I suggest there again

+1, I was thinking somewhere in that area since the majority is from so cal.
955SFE
Bakersfield would probably be the furthest for me as well. I'm usually working weekends most of the time.
markie
castaic lake sounds good or maybe somewhere coastal like santa barbara
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (markie @ Jan 27, 2014 - 7:45 AM) *

Castaic lake is a bit too fat for the norcal members. But somewhere coastal sounds better. Much easier for the nor cal members and so cal to meet up.
nics
QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Jan 27, 2014 - 7:52 AM) *
QUOTE (markie @ Jan 27, 2014 - 7:45 AM) *

Castaic lake is a bit too fat for the norcal members. But somewhere coastal sounds better. Much easier for the nor cal members and so cal to meet up.

Plenty of NorCal peeps showed up the last time. They did a 300 mile caravan I believe. I'm down but I may be coming from SoCal, depends on the day.
ILoveMySilly97
Castaic lake sounds good so far then. Lol. More than likely I'll try to meet up with the norcal members on i5 exit in caolinga.
SupraKid
Yea Ty, Nam, and I all did the ridiculous drive down in the morning, drive home at night thing for that meet:
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Jan 30, 2014 - 11:54 AM) *
Yea Ty, Nam, and I all did the ridiculous drive down in the morning, drive home at night thing for that meet:

Sexy celicas. Will if the majority of votes are for Castaic lake then it'll be that spot. Hopefully there'll be at least another car from cencal that's down.
Exel
San Pedro, Los Angeles, CA to Castaic, CA
1 hour 8 mins

I'm game.
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (Exel @ Jan 31, 2014 - 10:28 AM) *
San Pedro, Los Angeles, CA to Castaic, CA
1 hour 8 mins

I'm game.

thumbsup.gif
hoodedone
I live in the central valley so about 2hr 45min to Castaic, CA for me but willing to go for my first celi meet smile.gif
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (hoodedone @ Feb 5, 2014 - 6:08 PM) *
I live in the central valley so about 2hr 45min to Castaic, CA for me but willing to go for my first celi meet smile.gif

thumbsup.gif If you do go we can rendezvous with the nor cal members or just us two caravan down. Hopefully a couple more from cencal is down to go too.
hoodedone
QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Feb 5, 2014 - 9:27 PM) *

thumbsup.gif If you do go we can rendezvous with the nor cal members or just us two caravan down. Hopefully a couple more from cencal is down to go too.

sounds good which ever works! pretty excited for my first meet, now to get my celi looking good smile.gif will post some pics soon as its long over due
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (hoodedone @ Feb 5, 2014 - 6:30 PM) *
QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Feb 5, 2014 - 9:27 PM) *

sounds good which ever works! pretty excited for my first meet, now to get my celi looking good smile.gif will post some pics soon as its long over due

Same get. Need to finish my next project.
6strngs
Well, assuming my celica is all fixed by summer I'd be willing to drive as far as so-cal, I have friends that live down there so it'd be a great excuse to visit. biggrin.gif
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (6strngs @ Feb 18, 2014 - 11:12 AM) *
Well, assuming my celica is all fixed by summer I'd be willing to drive as far as so-cal, I have friends that live down there so it'd be a great excuse to visit. biggrin.gif

Awesome!
celicakitten
I'm in...even if I have to drive from Vegas. So I don't want to hear complaints about how far it is! wink.gif
JDMCelicaGT
Just sold my celica, but if a Camry Coupe can tag along, i wouldnt mind driving from Sacramento to Castiac lake For a meet. =)
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (celicakitten @ Feb 19, 2014 - 10:56 PM) *
I'm in...even if I have to drive from Vegas. So I don't want to hear complaints about how far it is! wink.gif

Dang! Lol.

QUOTE (JDMCelicaGT @ Feb 21, 2014 - 6:06 AM) *
Just sold my celica, but if a Camry Coupe can tag along, i wouldnt mind driving from Sacramento to Castiac lake For a meet. =)

Yea. Toyotas are welcomed. Lol.
vsv9illest
QUOTE (Smaay @ Jan 27, 2014 - 12:37 AM) *

I'm up for a drive so just as soon as a location is picked I'm in smile.gif
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (vsv9illest @ Mar 3, 2014 - 11:51 AM) *
QUOTE (Smaay @ Jan 27, 2014 - 12:37 AM) *

I'm up for a drive so just as soon as a location is picked I'm in smile.gif

So far its looking to be castiac lake.
ZEROCOOL
If yal can make dis a huge meet lik da last moty meet im down to make da drive
Dont wanna make dat long drive n only b a 6 cars meet
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (ZEROCOOL @ Mar 4, 2014 - 11:08 AM) *
If yal can make dis a huge meet lik da last moty meet im down to make da drive
Dont wanna make dat long drive n only b a 6 cars meet

I was thinking of inviting other celica gens too?
leonhks
i wouldn't mine meeting up? depends on the day and where at?

my car is still a work in progress....
BonzaiCelica
hmm maybe? its been 4 years since the last one...
Car_Barn_Bandit
I have both a 5th Gen and a 6th Gen convertible. Castaic would be awesome.
ILoveMySilly97
Oh damn. I forgot all about this meet. Hmmm....we need a volunteer to go check out Castaic lake and scout the area. I live too far from it to scout.
Smaay
Scouting isnt really necessary, Those that went to the big meet a few years ago know its a good area and large enough. Just need someone to get there soon enough to claim a spot.
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (Smaay @ Jun 4, 2014 - 1:33 PM) *
Scouting isnt really necessary, Those that went to the big meet a few years ago know its a good area and large enough. Just need someone to get there soon enough to claim a spot.

I just don't want it to end up like the parks closed or the street has construction or something like that.
BonzaiCelica
tic toc tic toc
94_celica_gt_5sfe
QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Jan 26, 2014 - 6:34 PM) *
I'm just wandering where's the best location so everyone can attend. Everyone from Norcal all the way down to SoCal. Also what's the best dates? And ect. Please put your inputs down. Thanks!

Date: When's the best time?

Date: Early June to Early August

Hey i would love to meet up i want to meet some more 6gc people
mi645
we need this meet to go!!!! lets go!
nics
Hurry before I move to Michigan next month!
celicakitten
QUOTE (nics @ Jul 3, 2014 - 7:22 PM) *

^Who does that? lol, j/k man!

I vote for any weekend in Aug except that of the 16th as I have a wedding to attend.
ILoveMySilly97
Damn......Anyone down for August 30th? Labor day weekend....also we can make this meet into a Toyota meet instead to get more cars out there.
nics
QUOTE (celicakitten @ Jul 7, 2014 - 8:29 PM) *

I vote for any weekend in Aug except that of the 16th as I have a wedding to attend.

Just me biggrin.gif

It is a place where there is no 10-day wait for a handgun and your AR-15 can legally have a 30rd magazine biggrin.gif
BonzaiCelica
It has to be a Sunday for me no matter what
celicakitten
QUOTE (nics @ Jul 8, 2014 - 3:14 AM) *
QUOTE (celicakitten @ Jul 7, 2014 - 8:29 PM) *

Just me biggrin.gif

It is a place where there is no 10-day wait for a handgun and your AR-15 can legally have a 30rd magazine biggrin.gif

Lol, Nv does the same and is so much closer though!

Back on topic: Labor day weekend I don't think is good, too many people have plans and traffic sucks as is without a holiday weekend imo
trd_420
I'm in. let me know.
BonzaiCelica
a little over a month left in summer. though i know the heat will go into mid september. might as well just make this a fall meet.
ILoveMySilly97
Agreed. I'm fine with anytime of the year as long as it's on a weekend that I'm not busy.
BonzaiCelica
Whoever is putting this together at this rate there will never be a meet. Put your foot down set a date and go for it. You can't tailor to everyone's needs and schedule. Some will go others can't. Whether or not it will be as big as the 2010 meet we had in castaic doesnt matter just the gathering of 6gc is what matters :-)
Nemises
I'm in do it next month pic a date
ILoveMySilly97
September 20th. Castiac lake at 10am-whenever.

Does anyone know if there's BBQ grill there? Also make it an all Toyota meet? Or Celicas? Or just 6gc?
BonzaiCelica
been so long i can't remember honestly. what i will say is the generation celica's below us people are more humble. and we don't get much attention from supra, mr2 and 7th gen. so either way do as you wish your the one in charge.
Smaay
making it all toyota might get out of hand, but sticking to all celica should be ok.
ILoveMySilly97
QUOTE (Smaay @ Aug 10, 2014 - 9:39 PM) *
making it all toyota might get out of hand, but sticking to all celica should be ok.

That's true. All Celica meet and allow others but try to keep it at a minimum.

Btw I never been at castic make before so I don't know what to expect there. All that's planned for so far is meet and greet. BBQ is possible if there's a grill there or someone brings one.
hata
do it! this forum is always active! You can't go wrong with the people here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.