Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ct26 ct20b steel braided oil line kits
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
JasonTX
thought i would try and catalog the info i posted in the other thread since a couple have asked and the 'kit' is currently not the simplest/cheapest way to do this.

first off, i cant speak to the longevity of these parts the stock hard lines have served me well in my gen2 mr2 with no issue and i imagine the hardlines from my gen3 swap would have lasted another 20 years in service. The main (and really only) reason i'm moving to steel braided lines is ease of install and removal of the turbo in the future. I was not able to find any reviews on this kit for the ct20b/26 in our application but the similar kits from other cars had pretty favorable reviews.

the kit i got was from kinugawa turbo. over christmas they had a coupon to get this on sale for 60 bucks shipped but regular seems to be 75ish

it's made for the mr2 application and comes with a bunch of stuff you can omit from your installation but you can make it work.

a cheaper option would be to buy just the brackets to go on the turbo and the oil pan, which they will sell you if you call them, then source

1 - 16" -10an hose
1 - 12" -4an hose (if your using the supplied banjo fitting)
1 - 1/2 bsp male to -10an male elbow

if you are not using the banjo fitting and want a -4an fitting on the block you will need

1 - m12x1.25 to -4an fitting (gen3)
1 - m18x1.5 to -4an fitting (gen 2)

here are some pics of the oil feed/drain bracket alone and on the turbo

they also sell a steel braided coolant line adaptor

but again its made for the mr2 or supra application, if you want to use it your gonna need to also get this,or the toyota gasket if you can find it

in the picture below you can see the bracket attached to the side you will need for celica applications. Your stock hard lines will connect between the turbo and exhaust manifold. and the opposite side of the turbo will have a block off plate installed. You will need to switch this block off plate to between the turbo and manifold and use a new gasket.

I suppose this will also move the coolant lines out to a slightly cooler area. however if you want to use the heat shield you'll have to do some cutting. It was Hard to tell where the heatshield needed to be cut because it was impossible to test fit. Unfortunatly i took a bit more than i wanted off.

But for people in the future if you set your shield like its pictured in the photo you only need to measure up 3 in from the bottom and make a 2 1/8" cutout and it'll only be large enough to let the hard lines out instead of the whole port. If you do want the entire port exposed like mine make the cutout 3 "

from this new location the steel braided lines will be to short to terminate, you have 2 options get 2 -4an 90 elbows or get a pair of 20" lines

i am waiting for a couple of fittings to finish but i will post pics of the connections terminated when some of the hardware comes in. I also outlined a parts list to make this kit work for our celicas and set it of to kinugawa turbo. hopefully they offer a simpler/cheaper kit that fits in the future

Hope that helps

peace

-jec
3WayStunna
Just wanted to say looks like good clean work nonetheless....Will be waiting for the finished pics, but so far thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
JasonTX
QUOTE (3WayStunna @ Jan 27, 2014 - 4:05 AM) *
Just wanted to say looks like good clean work nonetheless....Will be waiting for the finished pics, but so far thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

thanks hope it helps someone out in the future

a few more pics and ordered some parts to finish this off hopefully this give you guys an idea of fitment.
i had to measure the distance from the fitting on the block to the one on the turbo and make a couple of short funky bends to make this fit. i'll update the first post once i figure it out

heres a pic of the oil drain running to the oilpan but also is prolly a better pic to show the relation of the oil feed to turbo fitting(i uploaded em all at the same time , not sure why the pic is so huge kindasad.gif )

and a few pics of the coolant lines after i installed the 90 degree elbows on and connected em to where the hard lines used to go

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.