Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car died....now power windows, sunroof and gauges dont work
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
celicaluva79
so my car died other night, i replaceed the alternator and put a newer batter in, so far it cranks and runs. ever since right before it died tho, i noticed the power windows, sunroof and gauges dont work. My windshield wipers work, but they are very slow. whats goin on? it has a new alternator, why isnt the windows and gauges working now?
RavenAegis45
QUOTE (celicaluva79 @ Feb 4, 2014 - 2:07 AM) *
so my car died other night, i replaceed the alternator and put a newer batter in, so far it cranks and runs. ever since right before it died tho, i noticed the power windows, sunroof and gauges dont work. My windshield wipers work, but they are very slow. whats goin on? it has a new alternator, why isnt the windows and gauges working now?

Well a similar incident happened to my car but that was when i reversed the terminals on the battery and blow my main fuse, perhaps you've blown the main fuse have to taken a look at it?
celicaluva79
no i havent..i was.kinda hoping it was just a fuse....bcuz everything works exept power windows, moonroof, gauges and my wipers are slow.
njccmd2002
check all them little things people call fuses,

check all your grounds

check battery voltage,

take your car to autozone to check the charging system

CoolZeen
I’m having the same problem:change the alternator, turn car on , to check , I turn the head lights on ,turn radio on and put the time on the clock, then every power inside turn off; the wipers and taillights no working nor the power look .Only thing with power is the headlights ,door lights and hazards lights. ALL fuse check good,check alternator and battery wire all normal.At least turns on but it donot have brake or signal lights
nics
QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Dec 23, 2023 - 11:20 PM) *
I’m having the same problem:change the alternator, turn car on , to check , I turn the head lights on ,turn radio on and put the time on the clock, then every power inside turn off; the wipers and taillights no working nor the power look .Only thing with power is the headlights ,door lights and hazards lights. ALL fuse check good,check alternator and battery wire all normal.At least turns on but it donot have brake or signal lights

I'd suggest you check the 100amp fuse. It is on the main fusebox on driver side bay. You'd have to unscrew the box because the 100amp fuse is screwed in.

Back then, I accidentally shorted the system while changing the alternator. The car will start but not lights, no electricals.
nics
QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Dec 23, 2023 - 11:20 PM) *

I'd suggest you check the 100amp fuse. It is on the main fusebox on driver side bay. You'd have to unscrew the box because the 100amp fuse is screwed in.

Back then, I accidentally shorted the system while changing the alternator. The car will start but not lights, no electricals.
CoolZeen
yes it was that fuse.the remanufactured alternator cover on the side was making contact with the power in screw, grounding it. Error of remanufactured or maybe it got bent in on delivery travel. So that was fix ,everything is working and charge is normal , but the battery warning light stays on.
nics
QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Jan 24, 2024 - 11:50 AM) *
yes it was that fuse.the remanufactured alternator cover on the side was making contact with the power in screw, grounding it. Error of remanufactured or maybe it got bent in on delivery travel. So that was fix ,everything is working and charge is normal , but the battery warning light stays on.

You probably shorted the alternator too. The charging system is not working. Try a different alternator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.