Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harness info
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Smaay
I searched and couldn't find a thread that had detailed pictures and description of the 2 big plugs in the fuse box and where those wires go.

I know its been talked about several times in swap threads but i couldn't find anything. It might be because i cant see most hosted images from work.

So lets make a sticky that shows the connectors, and description of color of wires and where they go. This will really benefit the V6 swappers. The V6 harness' do not have several wires that the celica harness does.
richee3
You are welcome to use any of my pictures of the EA1 plug. I actually have my spare harness out so I will snap some pictures of the plugs. If not tonight then Thursday for sure.
Smaay
That would be awesome, where are they? If you have them hosted on photobucket or something like that I cant see them from work.
richee3
They are hosted on Photobucket but I'll get on my computer and host them on 6gc when I get home. The pictures I have are just the EA1 plug, not the other plug, but it's no big deal to snap a couple of pictures. Do you just want the EA1 plug and the plug next to it?
Smaay
yeah and which wire goes where. ill snap pics of what im seeing now
Smaay
ok here is what i have so far.

this is the EA1 plug on my car with the V6. this was my 5S harness meshed with the V6 harness that MR220V did.

This is the EA1 plug off the 7A harness from Amy's wrecked car.

notice the extra blue wire

notice its missing the light green wire in the middle.

ok i figured out that the blue wire is the water temp sensor for the gauge (guess) and the black wire with white stripe goes to the oil pressure sensor (im wrong)
::::edit::::: that goes to the AC compressor in an ST, this same wire goes to pin 4 of the AC compressor plug on a GT

however on my V6 harness it goes to pin 4 for this plug which I think plugged into the AC compressor

my car is a 97 GT and her car was a 97 ST, im shocked that those 2 wires are different
MaskedMan
QUOTE (Smaay @ Mar 11, 2014 - 5:51 PM) *
notice its missing the light green wire in the middle.

The light green wire (EA1 pin 9) goes to the CF pin on the 5sfe ECU (or any other ECU that uses a CF pin)

ok i figured out that the blue wire is the water temp sensor for the gauge (guess) and the black wire with white stripe goes to the oil pressure sensor (im sure)

The blue wire (EA1 pin 16) actually goes to the water temp switch for the radiator fan on the ST only. The GT also uses a blue wire for the water temp switch for the radiator fans, but it goes directly to the A/C single pressure switch, instead of going through EA1 first.

ok i figured out that the blue wire is the water temp sensor for the gauge (guess) and the black wire with white stripe goes to the oil pressure sensor (im sure)

The wire for the oil pressure switch does not run through the EA1 plug, only through the II1 plug in the cabin. The black wire with white stripe (EA1 pin 10) goes from the A/C compressor relay, to the A/C magnetic clutch.
Smaay
Thanks for the info, Ok you confused me, the black wire with the white stripe does go to the oil pressure sensor, The plug is in the picture in my hand. At least on the ST.

edit: im wrong, its not the oil pressure sensor.

on my GT, you are correct it does go to the AC plug pin 4

Also the dark green wire on both EA1 plugs go to the datalink connector under the hood. They go to what looks like a metal jumper.

richee3
Here you go. Pretty much the same as your V6/5S plug with a couple of minor changes.

I have a wire at pin 17 that is BEAMS-specific and gets bridged to pin 4 at the top of the plug, and I have an extra ground wire that gets bridged, otherwise it's all the same as your GT EA1 plug.
Smaay

ok the plug in my hand is the magnetic clutch for the 7A-FE, its a single wire. I de-pin and use the same wire for pin 4 to the AC on the GT.

Im building a master spreadsheet that explains where everything goes.
Smaay
Update

here is the old harness that MR220V did for me,

here is the new harness that im building

here is some of the left overs

now i understand why MR220V and Tweak get paid for what they do. i have been at this for over 2 weeks and its still not done yet. but thats the engineer in me. It has to be perfect.

njccmd2002
Hopefully came to right place. Questions and more after.... For gurus..

Ive been studying diagrams..... Lol

In a car with coils how does the a/c fail to see IGN signal from ignitor. And what if ACT and AC1 are missing... Not available in ecu... (2gr operates via CABbus protocol, and is going to suck)

the beams has no ignitor, wonder what signal it got.. have to get a beams diagram....

edit (after looking at prior diagrams, and pictures) beams does have the ACT, and AC1... but the beams harness has a gray wire on the IM1 pin 6, (ac amplifier plug) to the igniter plug I2 pin 4 in the 5SFE

using daniels pic... where is that wire coming from, what signal it uses.. cant find it.

Also

What happens if signal CF (aasuming cooling fan) does not exist. And what the hell does ELS. Do. Really. Increases idle if you heat windows?

2GR uses an RFC Signal but goes to the cooling fan ecus, we dont have that. would the system stop (fans) if this signal is not seen?
Smaay
ELS is just an input to the ECU. it detects when an electrical load is on the system like stepping on the brake or the fans coming on. On my harness' i dont even
bother with that input.

IG from the igniter splices and goes several directions. on the GT it goes in that IM1 connector on pin 6. however on the ST it does not. IG also goes into II1 pin 3 for the tach gauge and it goes in to ECU connector A 13.

toyota like to use these splices that are like wire crimps and then wrap them with blue tape. the IG wire must be in there somewhere.

did that help?
njccmd2002
ok, so that IG signal you talk about, that is not existent in the beams, it uses coils, so safe to assume the signal comes from the same signal to the tach then? this the same wire you need to adapt the tach conversion.....?

what about the CF signal pin 15. that cooling fan, i notice it goes to leg 2 of the relays and A/C pressure switch, I dont have that signal.. If i dont have that signal from ECU, would fans operate?

Am I making sense?
njccmd2002
You are right, thanks man. The beams throws the tacho signal to the tachometer, and that same signal is borrowed to the A/c amplifier.... right on.. ill get tacho signal from 2gr and throw to a/c amplifier...

but CF, is still a mystery wheter this controls the fans or not....

I have other questions, but one at a time...
Smaay
CF is a ground provided by the ECU to charge the relay. i dont know if you are familiar how a relay works but ill explain for those that dont.

Look at the relay above, constant power is sitting on pins 5 and 1. pin 3 is where you want the power to go, lets say a fan, something with high demand. pin 2 is a ground. in your case CF is the ground going to pin 2. when the ECU wants to turn on the fans, it grounds pin 2 allowing current to pass through the inductor on the right closing the switch on the left. this allows power to flow from pin 5 to pin 3 feeding the fans. those typically have higher current. this way you dont burn up your wiring. a small signal turns on a high signal.

make sense?

If you have no CF signal, then you might have to make a switch that taps into the CF circuit and control the fans manually, OR add a temperature switch somewhere that closes at a certain temp doing the same effect.
njccmd2002
if i recall the wiring diagram, On the GT the water temperature switch and the ac pressure switch also hook up to the leg. I think those should be enough..

thanks again....
Smaay
yes i think thse are the same on the GT. the ST has a a water temp switch on the water neck
doory100
just a few questions about the above tread:

-Are you guys wiring the v6 motor up to the gt fuse boxes?
- would the wiring be simpler if the fuse boxes from the v6 motor were used?
- Where is this master spreadsheet you talk about Smaay?

I would think that if you used the wire harness from the V6 with the ecm and the fuse boxes there wouldn't be much left to wire up since all the plugs would go in there respectful place except maybe the few things you would need to keep from the celica like the radiator and power steering wiper motor... ect
I'm just speculating here I have not removed the harnesses yet but I see no use for the gt harness except the different connectors.
also where can I find useful spreadsheets?

Smaay
what is your email and ill send you the wiring diagrams and the spreadsheet I built
njccmd2002
QUOTE (doory100 @ Oct 24, 2015 - 7:43 AM) *
just a few questions about the above tread:

-Are you guys wiring the v6 motor up to the gt fuse boxes?

yes

- would the wiring be simpler if the fuse boxes from the v6 motor were used?

No

- Where is this master spreadsheet you talk about Smaay?

who dat?

I would think that if you used the wire harness from the V6 with the ecm and the fuse boxes there wouldn't be much left to wire up since all the plugs would go in there respectful place except maybe the few things you would need to keep from the celica like the radiator and power steering wiper motor... ect

no, you will be wiring the whole car all over again, its easier just to work with the engine bay. There are fuses all over the place. and how would you mount the fuse box,

I'm just speculating here I have not removed the harnesses yet but I see no use for the gt harness except the different connectors.
also where can I find useful spreadsheets?

Depends on the engine you will be wiring..

For any swap....

from the gt harness you need the 1/2 fuse box with the EA1 plug for the engine bay, and the IJ1, II1, II2 and the IM1 plugs... for the interior

doory100
Sorry it's a 1999 Solara 1mzfe going into a 1995 Celica gt.
As I am pulling the harnesses I can see what you guys are talking about. All the wires in the steering colum and kick panel fuse box would need to be rewired. Right?
richee3
No, just the engine harness.
doory100
Yes but those wires come out into the engine bay through the firewall and attach to the engine harness at the fuse box in the engine bay.
richee3
Yeah, you're making the engine harness match the chassis harness. You can modify just the engine harness to match the rest of the car, or you can rewire multiple harnesses to match the engine harness. It's easier just to modify a handful of plugs on the engine harness.
1mzfecrazy
How is it going everyone I had to build a new account for my self because I forgot my email address and username. Anyway is there anyway I can get the wiring diagrams and information so that I can finish repairing my wire harness, I have a 1MZFE from a 1997 Toyota Camry and it’s going into a 1997 Toyota celica st 7AFE. I would really appreciate it. Are you still in Lancaster Jeff? It’s me Ulises the guy with the black celica I pretty much learned to stick shift on the way back home to Bakersfield CA. I’m trying to hide the harness as much as possible so I’ve been doing a lot of rerouting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.