Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone built their own braided Fuel Line?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
KAOS
So the fuel line from my swap is toast and I either have to source a new one - or junk yard - or build my own.

I was thinking about just going to the local performance parts department and picking up all the fixin's for a 6an braided stainless steel hose, and then the banjo fittings to go with it.

The line needs to connect the fuel rail from a 3SGE to the fuel filter of a 5SFE... its been awhile since I've seen my car/parts, but IIRC the bolt sizes should be the same on either end, yes?

So the type of experienced help I need is (a) how long of hose should I get cut? (b) recommendations for fittings/washers and around how much I'm expecting to spend...

... Hoping to get this beast back on the road by spring. *fingers crossed*
RocketScott
I have a place down the road that can make lines: Williams Oil Filter Service. Their website isn't very good but they can make any type of hose. I've had them make braided stainless brake lines for customs bikes. It's a lot cheaper than buying all the AN fittings.
Smaay
building Braided lines with AN fittings is really easy.

What I did for my V6 swap is weld a steel -6 fitting to the Banjo that mounts on the fuel filter. then tapped the side of the rail to accept a -6 boss fitting.

to build the lines, you separate the AN fitting, push the collar onto the braided line. then spray some WD40 in the rubber hose and push the other half of the AN fitting into the hose. be careful not to cross thread. then just tighten them together.

Ill make a guide on how to make these lines tonight.

:::edit::::

look on youtube, there are a bunch of videos on this

KAOS
QUOTE (Smaay @ Mar 31, 2014 - 7:32 AM) *
building Braided lines with AN fittings is really easy.

What I did for my V6 swap is weld a steel -6 fitting to the Banjo that mounts on the fuel filter. then tapped the side of the rail to accept a -6 boss fitting.

to build the lines, you separate the AN fitting, push the collar onto the braided line. then spray some WD40 in the rubber hose and push the other half of the AN fitting into the hose. be careful not to cross thread. then just tighten them together.

Ill make a guide on how to make these lines tonight.

:::edit::::

look on youtube, there are a bunch of videos on this

I've found the videos, I was looking for more information regarding what you said about tapping the fuel rail and what banjo adapters you ended up using... links? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Smaay
look in my V6 thread, its all in there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.