Seriously! ^^

This is some good stuff!
ClevelandGaint
I want this
playr158
its crazy.....its impractical.....its freaking awesome
jeffrosie
Awesome build M8.
Was just thinking, why not use the rear diff and suspension from a ST205? The ST205 rear diff is very strong.
Special_Edy
Naw he should use the straight axle. Maybe get a solid front axle and have the worlds only 4x4 celica biggrin.gif Big mud tires and all
lagos
Impressive project!
toy8490
I hope you guys are ready for this, I'm getting pictures ready. Yes more updates.
toy8490
Picture time, I love it.

I'm going to get the intake built shorter. Thats the next little thing that needs to be done, Because the hood doesnt close

Box
It's so weird seeing the engine longitudinally.
BonzaiCelica
wow at that point why not fit the intake manifold 3sge from RS200 beams
playr158
So much awesome.
Batman722
IC piping is gonna be funky. I see a lot of lag coming like that.
Cut in intake mani and flip the inlet IMO, that would help a bit.
How about the front (of the car) mount ?
I assume you're going to loop the heater core water lines.

That's gonna be one loooooong radiator hose too.

Props for going waaay outside the box.
LimitedGT4
QUOTE (Batman722 @ Jun 1, 2014 - 8:20 PM) *
IC piping is gonna be funky. I see a lot of lag coming like that.
Cut in intake mani and flip the inlet IMO, that would help a bit.
How about the front (of the car) mount ?
I assume you're going to loop the heater core water lines.

That's gonna be one loooooong radiator hose too.

Props for going waaay outside the box.

Thats actually the setup for the 7mgte on the mk3 supra and also for the 2jzge -t you just use an intercooler with the two holes on one side. Not too much lag at all
toy8490
I already have the front mount Intercooler from my other engine. Also yes, i'm removing the intake manifold and building a new custom intake manifold, I dont belive there will be any lag time at all. Its coming along.
toy8490
got the intake modified, it fit perfect.

njccmd2002
dang... thats a nasty beautiful intake..... glad to see this is going well and not some absurd dream.. congratsz
Malek
truth ^^

This thing is sweet
ricochet1490
nicely done. I appreciate the fabrication here.
dudeofchaos
Woww. I wanted to do this for years with my st204 but stopped thinking about it when I got myself an St205.
You're making me wanna do this again haha.

Props! One of the most awesome build I've seen on a Celica!
Keep us updated! biggrin.gif
BonzaiCelica
update? so rare! biggrin.gif
HaysoosKreesto
wow, it's like you took every st204's fantasy and decided to make it a reality for all of us
toy8490
I just now got the car running today, Just have to work out all the kinks, I'll up load some more pictures.
I cant belive this is taking a while,
Box
I can't believe you think this is taking awhile for such a major altercation. tongue.gif
IllIllIll
When I first saw the thread I assumed that this would be another thread asking how would make the Celica RWD. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the pictures of the engine & trans mounted already. I love it. I can't wait to see the finished results. You are making excellent progress, it's only been 6 months. I wish I could say the same for my 3Sgte swap, it's been a couple years since I started. Life gets in the way of your projects sometimes.

What engine management are you going to be using?
Did you get a custom length drive shaft or where you able to find something that fit?
Did you need to modify the fuel tank to fit that rear diff?
toy8490
QUOTE (IllIllIll @ Aug 30, 2014 - 9:39 AM) *
When I first saw the thread I assumed that this would be another thread asking how would make the Celica RWD. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the pictures of the engine & trans mounted already. I love it. I can't wait to see the finished results. You are making excellent progress, it's only been 6 months. I wish I could say the same for my 3Sgte swap, it's been a couple years since I started. Life gets in the way of your projects sometimes.

What engine management are you going to be using?
Did you get a custom length drive shaft or where you able to find something that fit?
Did you need to modify the fuel tank to fit that rear diff?

I'm using the 4th gen factory computer

When I bought my Toyota pickup 2wd transmission v-6,, it came with the driveline, I had it measured then had it made,
It bolts right up to the pickup rear end that I used.

I had to remove my fuel tank, so that I could use that space for the suspension,,

I remove the spar tire, and cut part of the trunk for a nice square fuel cell , then mounted it . fits perfect,

If you guys have any question I can answer them, and again, i'll be posting some more pictures,,,

It is up and running, I've already competed in a very short 330 ft drag race, and a drift event..
After doing these, I have found that my posi needed to be tighter. I'm going to order the max grip kit online.
mkernz22
toy8490
I hope this works

http://vid266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268...zps09971252.mp4

please let me know if these links work

http://vid266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268...zps8740ac6c.mp4

Heres a hard to see video of me trying to drift with my posi not tight enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5F-bSuu2b8...eature=youtu.be
Syaoran
oh boy
mkernz22
That a$$ end is way high!
HaysoosKreesto
That sound makes my face look like that Kim Kardashian meme of her crying, it sounds so epicly sick, like a 10 gallon toilet with a supercharger with a strong case of the bat out of hell syndrome.
enderswift
holy crap you finished O.O

good work!
kurt95gt
This is crazy!
Love it!
SwissFerdi
Nice! Good on you, man. You've done what 99% of people on this board have thought, and scrapped due to complexity.
njccmd2002
And people, lot of people, i mean lots of people. Said it could not be done...

I guess anything can be done
Box
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Oct 16, 2014 - 5:54 PM) *
And people, lot of people, i mean lots of people. Said it could not be done...

I guess anything can be done

If you just believe, anything is possible! tongue.gif
Arturio55
This makes the awd conversion look as simple as dropping in a k&n filter
toy8490
QUOTE (toy8490 @ Oct 12, 2014 - 9:50 PM) *
I hope this works

http://vid266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268...zps09971252.mp4

please let me know if these links work

http://vid266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268...zps8740ac6c.mp4

Heres a hard to see video of me trying to drift with my posi not tight enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5F-bSuu2b8...eature=youtu.be

I was checking to see if your guys are able to view these, Let me know if they work? thank you.
HaysoosKreesto
Worked for me thumbsup.gif
Smaay
impressive work....

how are you going to do the intake for the turbo? it looks like its against the firewall
toy8490
I'm planning on doing my own header and new turbo, since the engine is built, That way i can get the intake and exhaust in the right direction...
toy8490
Looking to buy a gt35 twin scroll turbo, I'll be building my own header also, So I'll be posting things as i move foward.
toy8490
New turbo has made it here. Time for some work now.

toy8490
I removed the factory turbo, (which is for sale)
Now just playing around on different ways to mount it.

I'm also looking for a exhaust flange that bolts to the head, I have read that 3rd gen and 4th gen are the same, but i'm have troubles finding one for sale, because I have to build my own exhaust manifold

pitcelica
Here's a place where you can find a 3rd gen exhaust flange : http://www.huxracing.com/#!mkii_flanges/ca4z

What is the size/specs/brand of this turbo?

Sam
toy8490
Thank you for the site link for the exhaust flange

The turbo is just a ebay brand. but the COMPRESSOR WHEEL DIAMETER: 58 MM / 76MM
TURBINE WHEEL DIAMETER : 62MM / 70MM
EXHAUST TRIM: 70 A/R t4 divided.

The model is: TX-60 TURBO CHARGER 70 A/R

I dont know of anybody that has run this turbo, But i looked at the spec and thought it should be a good fit.
toy8490
Started and mostly finished my own built header, I think it came out good for my first one.

Still need to install my wastegate.

bsamps4
Where did you buy the piping? Looks good!
toy8490
QUOTE (bsamps4 @ May 7, 2015 - 11:48 AM) *
Where did you buy the piping? Looks good!

This is the web site i bought it from, But i dont see the toyota manifold on there site for some reason, But you can call them, i'm sure they have the kit i bought.

http://www.mazworx.com/store/c/19-Fabrication.aspx
toy8490
Removed the header so i can weld it up,

bsamps4
Good lord man! I'd never be able to get a torch into all of those crevices!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.