Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of my custom work for Celicas
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
The_enD
I no longer do LED conversions, doing your cluster or instructions how to DIY won't happen, sorry. I use LED strips, glue and solder it all inside the cluster, nothing complex.
In this thread I'll mainly post my work, hope you guys enjoy it. smile.gif

I received this WRC ST205 speedometer for a 20 color LED conversion, red needles and redline. Comes with a simple remote to control the lights. It will also get my modified bezel with pods.

BonzaiCelica
watch this. when he starts to get into 5,800 rpm and gauges turn red so you can prepare to shift i think if you can replicate something like this then awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDm1K6sCmk
JoshuaM
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ May 8, 2014 - 9:04 PM) *
watch this. when he starts to get into 5,800 rpm and gauges turn red so you can prepare to shift i think if you can replicate something like this then awesome

First one of that style that I saw - would look cool smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2K2c3QQgSA
The_enD
That's cool, I've thought about it, maybe in the future.
The_enD
Just finished making this. RHD WRC ST205 molded A-pillar gauge pods for 3x 52mm, 28mm mounting depth. No ugly screws, glue or tape, mounts in seconds. Buyer wanted textured matte finish.

The_enD
playr158
Nice work on your products
The_enD
QUOTE (playr158 @ May 15, 2014 - 2:09 PM) *
Nice work on your products

Thanks.

The_enD
Bezel for a 6GC.net member.

Before the tint

Left/right tinted

Tinted
ILoveMySilly97
Awesome work!
The_enD
QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Jun 2, 2014 - 6:08 PM) *
Awesome work!

Thank, Ken.

Another bezel for a 6GC member

The_enD
You guessed it, another bezel. Tinted glass. Shipping to Cali :]

The_enD
3L2 Toyota red. No tint. Going to a 6GC member.

The_enD
A new model bezel. Gloss inside the pods, matte outside, gray-ish rim, tint. Just shipped to UK.

yellowchinaman
Nice work going on there. Really liking what you do.
match220
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ May 8, 2014 - 3:04 PM) *

this wouldn't be that hard to set up actually, mounting a shift light inside the cluster. What would be cool though is having a dual filament 194 bulb behind the RPM cluster and using it as a shift light. I'm not sure if a 168/194 bulb exists that is dual filament, would need a different fixture to hold the bulb also. Or you could tie into the whole gauge cluster illumination circuit on either ground or positive since the circuit is isolated from the rest of the gauges. Install a flicker system to make the lights flash rapidly when ready to shift.
The_enD
QUOTE (yellowchinaman @ Jun 27, 2014 - 4:58 PM) *
Nice work going on there. Really liking what you do.

Thanks, Ray.

More pics. Recently did two bezels, one has white the other silver trim. Glossy inside the pods, the outside is satin. Pictures before tint.

The_enD
The last LED conversion's I'll be selling.
The GT-4 has white LEDs , the GT has 20 color LEDs. These have the bezels I've posted above, just tinted.

The_enD
Bezel for rentaspace

955SFE
smile.gif Nice work. Hopefully i get the chance to buy a bezel soon.
*cough* rear diffuser* cough*
The_enD
Another custom bezel with the long pods. Customer wanted glossy inner part of the pods, tinted plexiglass, yellow rim.

QUOTE (955SFE @ Aug 28, 2014 - 7:07 AM) *
smile.gif Nice work. Hopefully i get the chance to buy a bezel soon.
*cough* rear diffuser* cough*

Thanks.
Diffusers are too big to ship. But I will make one for my GT-4 for sure. smile.gif
The_enD
Glossy inner, tint, white rim
AustenJoe12
White LEDs and red needles are what I wanted to put but I wasn't sure how I'd get red needles. I was thinking of doing a red niteshade (for the tail lights) on just the needles and putting a white LED bulb behind it but wasn't sure how it'd turn out. Is there any way to get red needles with white LEDs for the numbers on the gauges?
The_enD
You can try with putting red transparent film over the needles and using white LED replacement bulbs. It will be a 1 hour job tops.
It will be easier to place the film without removing the needles as you will have to recalibrate them afterwards. Just work slow and steady.
AustenJoe12
That's true, I didn't really think about that, I might just put a film on it that way I can stay away from having to recalibrate the speedo and the other gauges.
The_enD
One more yellow, going to 6GC.net user KAOS in Canada.
Yellow rim, glossy inside, no tint. Long version.

KAOS
QUOTE (The_enD @ Oct 9, 2014 - 7:38 AM) *
One more yellow, going to 6GC.net user KAOS in Canada.
Yellow rim, glossy inside, no tint. Long version.

Oh yeah!

Thanks Teo!
The_enD
GT-FOUR grill and short pods bezel for hotgt4

The_enD
Short pods, red rim, gloss inside.

The_enD
Another bezel with all the options I offer : gloss inside, painted rim with Toyota 756 to match the car, tint, frosted lettering

First picture is before the tint

hotgt4
QUOTE (The_enD @ Oct 13, 2014 - 10:43 AM) *
GT-FOUR grill and short pods bezel for hotgt4

Oh yeah thanks teo awesome work you done very happpy with the products biggrin.gif wink.gif
95CelicaST
Do you venture into different clusters? Or are you working 6GC units only? I'd be interested to see what could be done with a SW20 gauge cluster.
The_enD
I've looked at pictures of mk2's , supras, 7gc, it is most likely not gonna happen, their design is just not suited for pods.
The Celica cluster pods could be mistaken for an OEM piece...
hotgt4

thanks teo !
The_enD
Glad you like them, Stefan. smile.gif
Markup
You Do Super Cool Work Sir!
The_enD
Thank you! smile.gif
QUOTE (Markup @ May 18, 2015 - 3:19 AM) *
You Do Super Cool Work Sir!

kloudkicka
maaan your gauge pods are awesome, always tempted to order one for my car, maybe one day lol
The_enD
Thanks ^_^
rave2n
I need one of these pods, I'll bug ya in PMs.
The_enD
I do them once again, but price is more and you have to send me a bezel too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.