Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lookin to borrow
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
sandusky1977
Ok, so I've been thinking of scanning and printing some of the hard to find parts and pieces.

I'm looking to borrow, so I can scan them and ad them to 6gc3d.com to make them free to download and print, and a link to just order the printed parts.

Let me know if you're interested in having something scanned and modeled..
Shigexile
I'm interested in the site more.
When will you have it up?
sandusky1977
QUOTE (Shigexile @ May 16, 2014 - 12:14 PM) *
I'm interested in the site more.
When will you have it up?

I'm in the middle of a few large site builds for work right now that are going to take another week or two, after those, I'm planning on working on both 6gc3d.com and carpart3d.com.
Langing
Are you considering modeling parts such that the models could be sent to a 3D printer, for those who have them?

Regardless, I am interested in your project and would like to be kept informed. Unless I knew exact parts you want to have on hand, I would not know if I could help in that way, but hey, why not be aware of what you need as you go along?
jordisonjr
If you were producing replica parts, Im sure you'd have a lot of business in the US/CAN, as the only real quality replicas produced by a member are over in UK which kills us on shipping
sandusky1977
My basic idea is to make the files available to all, maybe .99 cents to download, just to cover the bandwidth but more likely free. I'm using 6gc3d.com to figure out the in and outs, before I roll out carpart3d.com which will offer services for many vehicles at a premium price.

I'm also considering making the parts myself, along with using outside vendors so if you don't have a large bed 3d printer you can just order your part directly.

I'm working with a few people on all the details but it is coming together quickly. Although, this weekend I'm finishing a car project and starting my v6 swap, and that gets priority.
jordisonjr
Not sure a whole lot of people have a 3d printer kicking around
sandusky1977
At least this will make it possible to download the files, and finding an online company to print it for you is pretty easy. If not let me know.
JoshuaM

Just find your local university's engineering club... half the kids there will have shelled out many pennies and would be thrilled to print smaller stuff for a bit of pocket money tongue.gif

By the way, the printing materials for 3D printers are VERY expensive though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.