Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TRD/SS-III Custom Build Thread
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JFXtreme007
Hey guys,
My name is James and I am from Sydney Australia and am going to convert my current 1997 SX into an SS-III (some things may say the same due to preference).
To start off my car is sadly in the workshop after I had a minor crash after the car understeared kindasad.gif so currently I have a limited amount of money due to repairs, which I'm sure some of you understand haha. None the less I have bought a few things that i will be adding once the car is back in my hands smile.gif

These include:

JDM Tail Lights: $190 AUD (Including Postage) - From JoshuaM

OEM Fog Lights: $49 USD + $56 USD for postage - From Ebay

3 Part TRD Front Strut Brace: $410 AUD (Including Postage) - From JoshuaM

OEM Side Skirts: $25 AUD (Need to pick up)

GT-Four/SS-III WRC Spoiler/Wing: $80 AUD (Need to pick up)

SS-III Rear Splitters: $180 AUD + $30 AUD postage - From JoshuaM

SpreeLED Full Dash Conversion Kit (Blue): 24.99

Will have to prepare some of what I have bought (Re-paint and sand) but when all done should look great!
Will keep all you 6GC members updated smile.gif I hope enjoy, awesome things on their way!
JoshuaM

Awesome! Great to see you're starting a thread. Are you planning to finish it off with the BEAMS engine at some point in the future?
JFXtreme007
Thanks mate and yeah thats the plan smile.gif want to get the body all set first and then get to some performance, including the BEAMS Red Top Engine of course smile.gif Can't wait to see how it goes with around 200BHP!
Barbershop
I am looking forward to following this thread! I hope you achieve your vision of what you want your celica to look like.
JFXtreme007
Thanks very much man, really appreciate it smile.gif I am also hoping to achieve the goal set, it may take a while but it'll come around in the end smile.gif
JFXtreme007
Hey guys, just a quick update on my car currently since I had my crash. The front left panel has been replaced and the left rear panel has been pulled out (still needs to be painted). A new left low beam headlight has been installed, as well as some new clear side indicators! I have also picked up the spoiler and side skirts and should be doing the side skirts at left in the next month or so and the spoiler when i have rear splitters on etc. (It's a bigger job due to my car being post facelift, therefore 3 post spoiler). Anyway guys here are so before and after pictures, I think its a really good job smile.gif

Front Left Guard (Before):

Front Left Guard (After):

Rear Left Side(Before):

Rear Left Side (After):

Headlight Cases Removed & New License Plate:

Clear Side Indicators:
JoshuaM
You did a pretty good job on that guard rail tongue.gif At least it was all cosmetic, no structural dramas to deal with.

See if you can get a package deal for the left rear paint, hatch paint, side skirts and splitters and then all the new paint will match itself. If its too expensive white isn't too hard to spray yourself on smaller pieces.

The courier just picked up your SSIII rear splitters, delivery in 2-3 business days. I paid for the additional redelivery too in case you miss the truck.

Also, the invoice came through from Japan last night for the TRD strut bar - you should have it by next Wednesday biggrin.gif

Thought about a certain white TOMS front lip? wink.gif
JFXtreme007
Yeah I think it was a really good job, the left front guard was from the wreckers and was already white! smile.gif and sadly there was structural damage, i needed new left suspension and a new left front wheel hub. and yeah i'll have to get some paint soon to do all that smile.gif and awesome man, really cannot wait to get them smile.gif thankyou again! And I'll be honest I have thought about it haha, but I think i prefer the look of just the plain SS-III Splitters for both rear and front haha tongue.gif
MarbleFlame
Projectors!! NOW! tongue.gif Welcome mate, really is a great site here smile.gif
RoadRage
Welcome, nice fix so far, cannot wait for the upgrades

I see josh has already hooked you up with plenty tongue.gif
JFXtreme007
It is an awesome site and thankyou for the warm welcome smile.gif and I couldn't agree more, would love to get some projectors smile.gif

Thankyou very much, and i think it is a damn good job done in the repairs, can't wait to get the paint on and the spoiler, skirts and splitters etc smile.gif and yeah Josh has hooked me up with plenty and I'm sure more to come haha tongue.gif Thanks for wanting to follow this thread, I really appreciate it!
RoadRage
lol I got my spoiler from josh and it took me about 2 months (because of laziness) to prep, paint and install

good luck with yours

I still gotta put my sideskirts on too

Actually reminds me.. i should also update my sig tongue.gif
JFXtreme007
Mate I've gotta admit, your car looks freakin awesome! and I agree that the Projectors change the looki dramatically, can't wait till i can afford some smile.gif I have however recieved my fog lights and splitters, fog lights will be attached hopefully today, but not conected just yet. And good luck with your side skirts, should look really nice smile.gif and i'm my spoiler can look really nice as well smile.gif Thanks again!
p.s - Really nice thread you have by the way tongue.gif
JFXtreme007
Hey guys,
Just a little update, still haven't gotten around to having the rear of the car painted yet (looking to paint all parts at one time). Have installed fog lights on the car but haven't wired them up yet, just needing a relay wire smile.gif Anyway here are some pictures with fog lights:

Before:

After:

RoadRage
nice work smile.gif

i remember i pm'ed rentaspace about 15 times asking how to do the wiring on mine haha since i had no idea

what's next after the wiring?

fixing rear paint?
JFXtreme007
Haha yeah i've been the same, all the wires and everything confuse me.
and yeah once iv'e wired them up ill be the hoping to do the painting and also put the TRD struct brace on which i recieved today. and at the same time as painting I will also paint side skirts, rear splitters and spoiler smile.gif
JoshuaM
QUOTE (JFXtreme007 @ Jul 21, 2014 - 4:40 AM) *
Haha yeah i've been the same, all the wires and everything confuse me.
and yeah once iv'e wired them up ill be the hoping to do the painting and also put the TRD struct brace on which i recieved today. and at the same time as painting I will also paint side skirts, rear splitters and spoiler smile.gif

I have a sneaking suspicion that your car may have the wiring already in the car ready to either plug in or cut into... check into it smile.gif

How does the strut bar look? It takes less than 5 min to install... go do it now! Haha tongue.gif
RoadRage
What about JDM Tails yo! ?

That's also a 5 minute install smile.gif
JFXtreme007
Yeah i do have all the wires already smile.gif i just need some relay cables to go with the switch i bought smile.gif
And i would but its raining tongue.gif those damn bolts have been done up tight on my car too haha tongue.gif But yeah it looks awesome smile.gif

Yeah i need to do them as well smile.gif just waiting for the paint to be done first, cause i'll have to take it out anyway to do the painting, once the painting is done itll all be alot easier haha smile.gif
RoadRage
sweet as, now move to Melbourne so i have some 6gc buddies down here laugh.gif
JFXtreme007
haha, sounds like a plan tongue.gif
JFXtreme007
Okay so I haven't done the painting quite yet, but I couldn't wait any longer to put on my JDM tails! so here you go! I think they look really nice! tongue.gif

OFF:

ON:

Just on other thing as well, my SPREE LED Kit has arrived, so should be installing that on the weekend smile.gif

RoadRage
ha, nice

i went with a more unique look and wired up only the outer light as running lights and all 4 when I brake..

just because i didnt like that reflector in the way of the running light tongue.gif
JFXtreme007
Yeah I think just the single would look cool, but yeah I'm a fan of the quad back lights though haha tongue.gif
MarbleFlame
TJ! You went the same style as me tongue.gif Haha single lights and quad for brakes..
JoshuaM

Well quad tail lights are just awesome, and are the JDM way... tongue.gif

Looking good... are you planning on debadging the rear when you do the paint?
JFXtreme007
While painting I'm thinking of at least removing the SX but haven't completely decided yet tongue.gif can't wait to paint it, it annoys me the big grey part haha
RoadRage
Some thief debadged my car for me lol
JFXtreme007
That is such a shame! And would really piss me off haha, but it does look really nice the way you have it, that's my plan tongue.gif
JFXtreme007
Hey guys,
Sorry there hasn't been much on here lately, I'm just busy with my Trial HSC at the moment kindasad.gif Anyways I have almost finished installing my SPREE LED Kit with pictures soon to follow smile.gif And i just have a quick question, what do you guys think about changing from the 3 post spolier to the 2 post GT4/ SS-III WRC wing? Is it worth the trouble? Thanks smile.gif
RoadRage
YES!! (sorry, im not a huge fan of the 3 post spoiler tongue.gif)

doesn't seem like its much trouble anyway, just filling up old holes and figuring out the new ones, and its white already!
(pretty sure there is a guide on here from 3 post to 2 anyway)
my blocks came cracked and the bottom mount missing, and i made my own with metal brackets, rubber and self tapping screws.

Do yours have the GT4 writing on them?

JFXtreme007
Haha thats fair enough, i keep changing my mind on that i do and i don't haha tongue.gif and no mine is blank tongue.gif
RoadRage
You already have it, just install it

I went to a lot of effort to make mine blank tongue.gif and now it looks ballin' tongue.gif

does this image help? tongue.gif

JFXtreme007
Haha i'll definitely have to give it a go at least, but will be the last thing i do on the exterior i think tongue.gif Does look awesome!
rentaspace
Not sure how I missed your thread man >.< Awesome car and awesome to have another local member!
JFXtreme007
thanks very much man smile.gif would hope for mine to look anywhere near as good as yours!
JFXtreme007
Hey guys,
Again sorry for the delay! but I finally finished my HSC Trials today after two weeks! But I still have major works to work on over the next week and then I'm pretty well free until the actual HSC smile.gif Anyhow, back on track, I have finally got my GREEN P's! and have finally got the rear panel painted!

Before:

After:

As well as having the panel painted I have put on 1 SS-III Rear Splitter, while waiting for the paint to be buffed and all on the other side haha.

This weekend I plan to fit the other Rear Splitter and place the side skirts on, since they have now been painted white as well smile.gif And if i get the time I'll hook up the fog lights too smile.gif and a picture of my SPREE LED Dash Kit will be up shortly! Thanks guys.
rentaspace
My GF starts trials this week, lucky for her she has 1 test for trials and non for HSC... gotta love TVET courses lol

Hope you did alright on the tests and good luck with actual HSC... I screwed mine up pretty badly due to my health at the time...
JFXtreme007
Sorry to hear that man kindasad.gif Hope all is good now! and yeah lucky with just the one exam! I myself have 8 haha

RoadRage
Geez you're quick with the paint. Paint it yourself?

Also is HSC the same as VCAA in Vic? Year 12 exams?
JFXtreme007
I'm not sure actually if it is, but yeah it is the Year 12 exams haha. and my dad actually did the painting, perfect colour match too smile.gif
RoadRage
That's still pretty damn quick, I am painting my skirts right now, hopefully done by Saturday
JFXtreme007
Haha yeah not too shabby tongue.gif Glad the grey patch is gone finally! And yeah the skirts should be really good! I'm happy with how mine came out
RoadRage
What are your plans for the install

bunch of double sided tape, sikaflex and self tapping screws? thats mine
JFXtreme007
I hadnt really thought about the type of screws, so what exactly are your thoughts? and yeah industrial double sided tape smile.gif May use it for the splitters as well
JFXtreme007
Hey guys,
Just a quick update, my Celica now has the side skirts and rear splitters both on smile.gif seriously on the road you are treated differently to some cars for example tonight a Nissan 300ZX flys passed trying to show off on the freeway and then later a Honda Integra Type R tongue.gif Anyhow here are some pictures smile.gif

...And just a couple in the carpark tongue.gif

I'm honestly loving the new look! so much more like a sports car! Can't wait to get the Front SS-III Splitters and Grille to match smile.gif
RoadRage
Nice! What was the install process for the skirts?
JFXtreme007
Thanks man! and ended up using some double sided tape for the skirts and splitters and then some special self clipping screws as well smile.gif
corollagt
Hi mate if you were interested I have a grill badge, clocks reading 200k klms, door tweaters in covers and plugs in ireland. There foe sale on the 6gc fb page or pm wink.gif
JFXtreme007
Thanks mate, any pictures at all?

Hey guys,
Just a short post, wanting to let you all know that I have SS-III Front Splitters on the way as well as an SS-III grille badge. I had just received the SS-III Grille yesterday, and hopefully an install tomorrow smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.