Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trunk will not open please help
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
staerkeste
Hey 6gc, my trunk won't open. I think it's missing a spring type part that resets the lever. If I manually pull the lever back, I can get it to open. If you have the opportunity could you attach a photo of the trunk latch, cables, and all release mechanisms on the trunk? It's a 94 gt.
The_enD
I'll try to remember to get some pictures for you tomorrow, if someone else doesn't post.
Nihil
Huh, if your cable snapped that could be quite a challenge... Some time ago I was replacing the hood latch and I forgot to attach the cable to the hood release, real pain in the ass.

My best guess is that you try to get to the trunk latch through the back seats. You'll need to get that rear plastic panel off, hopefully it is possible with the trunk closed. Behind that you can see the trunk release mechanism with a lever and cable attached to it, if you pull that you get your trunk to open.

Next step is finding out what's a matter and repairing/replacing the parts. I suggest you find out if there are any celicas at the local junkyards, cheapest way to replace such parts.
yellowchinaman
the hard part is getting access behind the back plastic panel. You can lift it open if you climb into the boot via the rear seats but the mech is high up and you'll have to bend or even break it to get to it.
nics
Have you tried your key to open it from the back?
JoshuaM

If you're looking for pics look for the write up on how to install an electronic trunk-popper module... I think there are some pics in there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.