Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Squeal after going through a tornado
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
GTMike
We had a intense storm about a month ago. On my way home, there were three separate incidents where the road was washed out and I went through water deep enough to nearly stall out the Celi. Made it through. While parked at a stoplight (because no one could see to move), a F1 tornado came through. The rain hitting the side of the car sounded like taking hits from gunfire. Some big stuff slammed into the side and I decided it was time to get the hell out of there. Upside, the Celi got pounded and there is no exterior damage. Downside, now the belt squeals when I start her up. VERY LOUD! Like loud enough for the neighbors to complain. It squeals for 10-15 seconds. Can anything can be done short of replacing the belt?

The pic of the strip mall missing its roof is at the intersection where I was parked.

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/ken...amage/12280241/

Celicas are officially tornado-proof!
IfWeChoose
It's possible the belt slipped a lot while under water and glazed over. Now dry, the belt can't bite. Also, could just be that it worked itself loose. Check the tension on the belt (start with the alternator since it's the most likely culprit. Now I'm just noticing that you've had the belt like this for a month...so it probably is glazed over no matter how it happened. Just tighten that thing down and see if there's any improvement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.