Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160
NgoFcukinWay
yeah, earlier this week, I was informed that my rear window stops were missing, so I dug them out of the bolts bucket the body shop gave me and put them in the door. The fronts are where they are from factory as the body shop didn't remove those and the rears are sitting at the highest position on both sides. The window is also sitting at the highest spot on the window rail. :\ Passenger side is perfect though. Driver's side is the only PITA. I heard having the DTS tool or whatever helps with guiding and adjusting the windows. I don't own one, so I'm just eyeballing the sumbitch.
Box
Ehhh, programmed the car remote. So that's nice.
cheela
QUOTE (Box @ Mar 24, 2016 - 7:30 PM) *
Ehhh, programmed the car remote. So that's nice.

remotes are handy. keeps your door scratch-free.
Box
I'm excited, for the first time ever at night I won't have to grasp along the door to the find the lock and guide the key in. That or have to fumble with keys when it's raining or my arms are full, it's fantastic.
HaysoosKreesto
Today I had a thought to myself, is Ford going to make more money off of the publicity of the Ford GT than it does for the Ford GT's that are build? I guess my question really is, I wonder if Ford get's a share of the profit when I buy Forza 6 Ultimate...?
4-eyed-freek
Today I unleashed my inner nerd and got an Alienware m14x
Box
Finally got hatch struts installed and used the Meguiar's air freshener, wooo.
Bitter
Hatch struts are so nice to have working, no getting clunked in the head! Windex misted through the cowl with the blower on high works great to deodorize the HVAC system in the car. It'll get ammonia and fragrances around in the nooks n crannies. Rubbing alcohol and water 50/50 does a good job too but stinks worse.
Box
Indeed, now it pops open and lifts itself. Normally I use Lysol through the cowl ducts since it'll kill all the bad smells for cheap, but brother had used the Meguiar's and even after three weeks you could still smell it so decided why not. It's like a bug bomb, place it centrally in the car with max blower speed on recirculate then pull the pin and close the door for 15 minutes. That and they smell really good.
Bitter
Hmmmmmm...my Mazda sorry smells like an old stale house. I may need to buy one! What's the fragrance like? I'm sensitive to strong perfumes, some ladies perfumes, mens colognes, and car fresheners trigger migraines for me.
Box
I'm sensitive to perfumes and colognes as well, so far I haven't had any issues with the one my brother used but I haven't had the chance to be in mine since doing it. They have at least three scents I know of, my brother used the new car scent and it's just a clean smell if that makes any sense. The one I went with is sweet summer breeze and it seems to have a strong floral/candy scent to it, I'm not sure on it but will report back after being in it tomorrow. The last is spiced wood which haven't tried but from the scratch and sniff it's as described, reminds me of cedar.
njccmd2002
surprised no one is talking about the new mazda targa top.....

for the first time that i consider one,,,
Box
Miata Del Sol Edition. tongue.gif
richee3
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 28, 2016 - 12:00 AM) *
surprised no one is talking about the new mazda targa top.....

for the first time that i consider one,,,

I just don't like the looks of the ND, and the RF just takes it even farther. I'm sure it helps the rigidity of the car but I'm just not sold on it. The current generation of low horsepower, great handling cars just doesn't appeal to me. kindasad.gif
NgoFcukinWay
QUOTE (richee3 @ Mar 28, 2016 - 11:37 AM) *
I just don't like the looks of the ND, and the RF just takes it even farther. I'm sure it helps the rigidity of the car but I'm just not sold on it. The current generation of low horsepower, great handling cars just doesn't appeal to me. kindasad.gif

sounds like someone doesn't know how to drive. -__-

-------------------------------------------------------------

So this happened over the weekend:

I initially ordered the Hong Kong Special Hypeman S4 coilovers from China to match my Hong Kong Special 4" Tin exhaust system, but I guess the order got mixed up and got these instead. I guess these'll do for now.

Hover Supra Conversion in progress:

Should be able to stick it to those motorized skateboards.

Got her buttoned up and it was time for a bath.

Clean as a whistle.

Put about 60 miles on the coilovers so far straight out of the box and they feel fantastic so far, but really, anything other than my previous set-up would've been fantastic. lol

Taking her to work with me for the rest of the week to let the springs settle, readjusting the ride height over the weekend, and taking her in for an alignment on Monday.
Box
I like how you put the coilovers onto pillows. tongue.gif
NgoFcukinWay
lol. that was the packaging cushions that came with them. lol
Box
I thought it might've been, but I was like nah those look like pillows.
NgoFcukinWay
Yesterday, I got around to replacing the coolant overflow tank with something a bit more proper.

About the only Honda part that will be found in this car. lol Overflow tank from an 8th gen Civic.
cheela
not impressed... needs moar vtech.

and when are you gonna do a proper shoot with ur car?
NgoFcukinWay
I've got a friend who wants to do a shoot on Sunday, so we'll see how that goes. Waiting on the coils to settle, adjusting them on Saturday, and alignment on Monday.
cheela
I've got a friend too. Her name is Mai See. come to the midwest meet and we'll take some pretty pics of Ren. wink.gif haha
richee3
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Mar 29, 2016 - 12:50 PM) *
I've got a friend who wants to do a shoot on Sunday, so we'll see how that goes. Waiting on the coils to settle, adjusting them on Saturday, and alignment on Monday.

Bring it up to the Midwest Meet and get awesome, epic pictures. I too have a friend named Mai See.
4-eyed-freek
There is this other good photographer, I think her name is Brigette or something. She takes good Midwest pictures laugh.gif
Bitter
Someone made my dirty as hell bone stock 7G celica look good.

And sometimes there's turtles.

But what you need to do is get a pair of these for the Supra.

I have two more left from my set of 4, I'll let you have them for $5 for the pair.
NgoFcukinWay
I'll go if you're willing to pay to ship the car and fly me up there. lol
Bitter
How about we all chip in and buy you dinner.
Box
QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 29, 2016 - 9:16 PM) *

I have two more left from my set of 4, I'll let you have them for $5 for the pair.

Are the greasy fingerprints free of charge? tongue.gif
njccmd2002
He just painted it. Why would he shoot it and ruin the paint
NgoFcukinWay

Door strikers? i'll take'em. Leave the finger prints. smile.gif

QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 29, 2016 - 9:38 PM) *
How about we all chip in and buy you dinner.

Go ooonnn. I'm listening.
richee3

The Supra uses a different style of door striker, sadly.
NgoFcukinWay
I'll put'em on the Honda.
Bitter
They make them in the Supra style too!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-Door-L...ed-2623dca3c04e

I peeled off their foam tape and use my own Loctite gel tape, it gets them flush against the body totally so they look even nicer. The black plastic caps looked nice but...I like this rice.

I dunno, what are we doing for dinner this year? Giordanos like usual?
Box
The smell of my air freshener is already faded, which is weird since can still smell my brother's. For what it's worth I started to get a headache the other day but it could've been coincidence.
Box
Bought a present for the Firebird. smile.gif
ClevelandGaint
Went and test drove a 16 4runner, i was expecting a little more power for how large it was. Still in consideration. Also took the vert out for a spin. New brakes are in order along with tires.
1994Celica
QUOTE (ClevelandGaint @ Apr 4, 2016 - 3:49 PM) *
Went and test drove a 16 4runner, i was expecting a little more power for how large it was. Still in consideration. Also took the vert out for a spin. New brakes are in order along with tires.

I love the new 4Runners. They look so good.

Today I ordered a short shifter and bushings for my Subaru. The bushings in it now are toast and shifting it feels horrible and I'm tired of dealing with it. Also ordered a carbon fiber gauge surround, that should spice up the interior a little.
Box
Speaking of short shifters I should probably get one for the Firebird sooner than later, surprisingly the shifting action itself feels good it's just the throws are stupid long. I say surprisingly since the Mustangs and that GTO I had tested felt like garbage. I guess the T56 being a toploader in the F-bodies has a lot to do with it. That aside what I bought for it the other day shipped today via USPS first class so it should arrive by Wednesday or Thursday.

Still having trouble trying to decide on what to do rims and tires wise. I really don't want the same old same old five spoke F-body or Corvette rims that everyone else uses. Some people use BMW rims since they're only off by .65 mm with nothing else done but to do it right I'd need hub rings and wobble nuts, that or redrill the rims. The other option would be getting 5x120.65 to 5x114.3 spacer adapters then that'd open the door to a lot of unique choices, but I'm just not so sure about spacers that'd have to be at least an inch or so thick. That or say screw it and stay with what I have. Which I did find one rim I really liked, but it'd require redrilling a 5x120 or using an adapter for 5x114.3 to work:

I liked them since they reminded me of the snowflake rims, but a more modern interpretation that I think that'd fit the fourth gen aesthetics better than the Year One 17" replicas.

Of course I'd get the 17" variation, but that's the picture that was available.
cheela
Damn I saw the picture and thought you actually bought rims. Lol
Those look good though.
Box
They're the first ones I've found that I really like, everything else has been kind of meh. Which just checking on eBay the only way to get the 17" is with the 5x114.3 pattern.
Box
Today this happened:

Was looking for a round shift knob and happened across this one for only $5 more than a plain solid coloured knob, so why the Hell not. tongue.gif
1994Celica
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 6, 2016 - 2:04 PM) *
Today this happened:

Was looking for a round shift knob and happened across this one for only $5 more than a plain solid coloured knob, so why the Hell not. tongue.gif

Does that make your firebird moltres
Box
YES. I actually joked about finding some Moltres decals for it, but now I may have to.
Bitter
Yes you do.
Box
Looked on eBay, Amazon, and RedBubble and really can't find much of anything. Anyhow finally remembered to condition all the seals on the Firebird today, so woo.
Box
Updated signature appropriately. laugh.gif
Bitter
YUSSSSS!!

laugh.gif

I'm bringing my Mazda in for the ignition switch recall tomorrow morning so last night I washed the interior a little bit so at least the guy working on it has a clean car to work in. I washed the seat belt, probably for the first time in the 18 years of the cars life, and lemme tell ya, it's a different shade of blue now! It doesn't retract any better (not that it wasn't retracting) but it feels much nicer and looks nicer. I used some Kaboom Foamtastic spray meant for showers to wash down the door panels, step panels, and the seat upholstery, leaves a nice bathroom cleaner scent in the car. Not super strong but clean smelling, I'm hoping it fades a little more as the car gets warmed up as it's a bit strong when you first open the door.
Box
Cleaned it just for him to jump in with a greasy uniform and hands. tongue.gif
Bitter
Probably, it was pretty dirty from winter, something got the carpet next to the floor mat SUPER dirty dark. I need some strong soap and soaking time to get that cleaned up if it'll even come up. I need to make a better floor mat or something, mine is a little narrow. I wonder if I can get some plastic sheet or rubbery material and just heat it with a heat gun into the shape of the foot well area?
Box
Hmmm, should be able to find some rubber sheeting that you could cut to size and get to conform with some heat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.