Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160
Bitter
My clean car lasted all of 40 minutes, had to go through a gravel road and parking lot. Still looks good, even though it's gray now. The Dunlop Z3 tires do ride harder and make the suction cup noises even louder, but they grip and feel amazing. For sure an improvement over the Z2's I had. I think I'll get out Sunday and cruise up and down either side of the Kankakee River, cold and rainy today so that's no fun.

We got out and saw the Bison herd at Midewin and took the dogs on a nice long walk, got some pictures of the Bison from closer than they usually are to the fence. Jasper got to bark at them from the path a little and act tough, Molly kept getting insulted by the fence between her and the Bison. Pretty sure she wanted to chase them...We let them figure out how to get around a cattle grate we passed over twice. Molly did the same thing each time, Jasper did it differently each time. 10 years old and they're still learning!

Back to the car, I'm less impressed with how the Mothers CMX looks on the solid black of the Celica. It really makes the pearl metallic blue on the Mazda pop nicely but on the Celica it's just more gloss, but kind of expected since there's not really depth to that car. I'm going to try to get some time with her Escape to get it cleaned up for the summer and some protection on it, it's filthy from winter and needs a good buff down with a mild to medium cut to get the gloss back up.
Box
I've been off the past couple of weeks, just now feeling back to normal.

Uhm, nothing new really thanks to stupid virus ruining everything. Never listed the car because of it.
cheela
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 4, 2020 - 4:35 PM) *

Uhm, nothing new really thanks to stupid virus ruining everything. Never listed the car because of it.

You should list it. no better time. I listed Freelica and sold it in less than a week. Just be safe, I did wear a mask when talking with them n going for a test drive etc. then after the deal, I made sure to wash my hands and do a full body de-sanitize lol.
Bitter
QUOTE (cheela @ Apr 4, 2020 - 6:54 PM) *
a full body de-sanitize lol.

Mai hosed you down in the yard? laugh.gif Wait a de-sanitize would be getting you dirty not clean, you rolled around in the mud like a dog?

My mom's boyfriend (ugh still feels weird to say) works at a government nuclear facility and as such is super duper essential, no level of lock down gets him out of going to work, I told her to hose him down in the yard before he comes in the house. laugh.gif
navseal345
Chee, I want some of your butt in egg rolls next meet.
cheela
QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 4, 2020 - 7:02 PM) *
a full body de-sanitize lol.

Mai hosed you down in the yard? laugh.gif Wait a de-sanitize would be getting you dirty not clean, you rolled around in the mud like a dog?

My mom's boyfriend (ugh still feels weird to say) works at a government nuclear facility and as such is super duper essential, no level of lock down gets him out of going to work, I told her to hose him down in the yard before he comes in the house. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Apr 4, 2020 - 8:19 PM) *

IF we ever have a meet again. laugh.gif
Bitter
Fall 2020? Late summer 2020? Spring 2021? There will be a meet and there will be meat. I'm off to go find some distilled water so I can top off my CPU cooler water loop, it's very low. If I can't find distilled water I'll use some of the premixed Toyota SLLC pink coolant in the garage.
Bitter
Finally got the other new pair of tires the Mazda needed mounted and balanced. Did the extra fine balance because race car lol. For sure they needed up the sidewall on the new DWS tires, hope they still ride decent.

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Apr 4, 2020 - 8:19 PM) *

Egg rolls and little ball shaped pork dumplings.
Bitter
https://youtu.be/duEBuJnEXhM
Now I'm not a rotary guy but....hot damn.
SwissFerdi
To quote Paris, that’s hot.
Bitter
Me and the 4 cylinders went out for a session of lets get lost then figure out where I am, oh yea that's where I wanted to be, that's an ok road to cruise, damn it's been 2 hours almost? time to go home. I could tell it was on the cold end of what the tires like though, one turn onto the highway ramp either they cooled down too much or the lane was slick because as soon as I put on any power it wanted to slide out some, which is saying a lot because it's not like I have much power to put down lol.
Lorelei6gc
Well, not sure if this is the place to put this, but I am moving to PA. It sucks and all that I'll be leaving the place I grew up, again, and most likely permanently, but it is a necessary move at this point. Ran out of luck locally after 4 months without a job, and I'm both maddened and sickened that I could not get a job, especially after sending out over 400 applications. On top of that, the people who nearly killed me on a bus will walk free because the court date got moved to 6/19 and I almost definitely won't be able to get back here for that. Looks like I've lost another opportunity, this one was a golden ticket.
Box
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 4, 2020 - 4:35 PM) *

You should list it. no better time. I listed Freelica and sold it in less than a week. Just be safe, I did wear a mask when talking with them n going for a test drive etc. then after the deal, I made sure to wash my hands and do a full body de-sanitize lol.

Thanks to fibromyalgia I'm at a higher risk, and there are two HIGH risk people in my home. It's not worth the chance.

QUOTE (Lorelei6gc @ Apr 14, 2020 - 10:45 AM) *
Well, not sure if this is the place to put this, but I am moving to PA. It sucks and all that I'll be leaving the place I grew up, again, and most likely permanently, but it is a necessary move at this point. Ran out of luck locally after 4 months without a job, and I'm both maddened and sickened that I could not get a job, especially after sending out over 400 applications. On top of that, the people who nearly killed me on a bus will walk free because the court date got moved to 6/19 and I almost definitely won't be able to get back here for that. Looks like I've lost another opportunity, this one was a golden ticket.

You should see about attending court virtually, I think they do that. Fairly sure that's a thing. You should find out just in case you're not able to do a two-way ticket and hotel just for the occasion.
Bitter
https://youtu.be/cD83GV2i9R0 car ASMR
Bitter
Anyone else fed up with these cool rainy days and random snow? Just when I thought the salt was off the roads for the year BAM that snow came through and there's piles of salt everywhere on the roads. It's like spring is under quarantine. I should be taking the time to get that intake manifold installed but I'm not lol. What's everyone else keeping occupied with?
mneal2_92788
I’m just trying to get my celi up and running. Other wise got the n64 and yard work keeping me sane
Box
QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 20, 2020 - 7:48 PM) *
What's everyone else keeping occupied with?

Guys, lots of guys. I made the mistake of posting a picture of me posing with my synths on a music gear forum, oh well. laugh.gif
Bitter
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 21, 2020 - 5:31 AM) *

Guys, lots of guys. I made the mistake of posting a picture of me posing with my synths on a music gear forum, oh well. laugh.gif

A 'mistake', suuuurrrreeeee.
*Marylin Monroe voice* Oh I just hope no one notices me
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Bitter
Polishing up her dark silver Escape with some of the new Turtle Wax line then gonna top it with the matching spray ceramic sealer stuff. It's looking nice so far, not using the recommended pad for the polishing but it's doing well anyway. Currently taking a short break from the roof.

On a little different tangent seems like Erin has the 'rona. Shortness of breathe, aches, weakness, fatigue, chills, cold hands and feet, and feeling very cold all the time. No fever. She's been exposed to co-workers who are sick and clinically diagnosed so she was able to go get tested. Test came back negative but doctor says she thinks that based on symptoms she's gotten a false negative test result. She's calling Monday to follow up about a chest X-Ray and make a follow up appointment. She's lost most of her sense of taste and smell sometime during the last couple days but smell might be coming back already. Meanwhile I'm pretty much fine, little tickle in my throat from time to time and maybe a little fatigue but I haven't been sleeping great the past week she's been sick.
cheela
QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 26, 2020 - 6:08 PM) *
Polishing up her dark silver Escape with some of the new Turtle Wax line then gonna top it with the matching spray ceramic sealer stuff. It's looking nice so far, not using the recommended pad for the polishing but it's doing well anyway. Currently taking a short break from the roof.

On a little different tangent seems like Erin has the 'rona. Shortness of breathe, aches, weakness, fatigue, chills, cold hands and feet, and feeling very cold all the time. No fever. She's been exposed to co-workers who are sick and clinically diagnosed so she was able to go get tested. Test came back negative but doctor says she thinks that based on symptoms she's gotten a false negative test result. She's calling Monday to follow up about a chest X-Ray and make a follow up appointment. She's lost most of her sense of taste and smell sometime during the last couple days but smell might be coming back already. Meanwhile I'm pretty much fine, little tickle in my throat from time to time and maybe a little fatigue but I haven't been sleeping great the past week she's been sick.

oh no! that not good news... Hope she can recover and gets better soon.
Bitter
Spent 5 hours hangin out in the ER parking lot on Friday cause her Dr wanted her to go in and get checked out based on her symptoms not improving and worsening a little, add vomiting to the list and her feet turned blue a few times. So they did a blood panel, a chest xray, gave her fluids, gave her anti-puke, did a ct with contrast, an ekg, and swabbed again for rona. Waiting on the swab to come back but she's otherwise 'healthy'. So whatever is wrong with her isn't something basic, but of course she's laying down resting when they do all this and that's usually when she feels somewhat normal and OK. It's when she stands and walks down the hall way that she gets dizzy and falls down or out walking the dogs slowly with me. She runs a 7 minute mile normally when she goes out, a slow jog is an 8 minute mile. She does core and arm and leg work outs for 20 minutes at a time at least once a day sometimes twice if she has the time. She should not get winded and dizzy walking 3 blocks at a leisurely pace.

But I got her some boost shakes (old people food) and she's been able to keep those in and is feeling better but still ****ty and weak, getting dizzy, etc. We need to follow up with the normal Dr but with everything going on she can't get seen in person. Terrible time to be sick with anything.
navseal345
She definitely got the 'Rona.
Bitter
QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 3, 2020 - 11:01 AM) *
She definitely got the 'Rona.

We'll see Monday-ish when she can talk to her regular Dr and get the second swab results. They're having a lot of false negatives I guess so who knows what's up. It would be nice if that's all it is but on the other hand if it's not then wtf is going on? It does seem to slowly be improving though.

And I'm perfectly fine except some spring allergy.
navseal345
You definitely gonna get the 'Rona.
Bitter
QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 3, 2020 - 11:35 AM) *
You definitely gonna get the 'Rona.

If she has it and I was going to get it I would have gotten it already. It's not like she's been social distancing from me at all in the house. So if she has it then I'm immune or something.

If two nose swabs come back negative then I dunno wtf was/is going on with her. Hopefully things continue to improve and if we never figure it out that's fine as long as it never happens again/.
Bitter
Forum is back up for 5 minutes, huzzah!
navseal345
** me on the throne ** Yeah 6gc is back up!
Bitter
It's back! Quickly post before it's gone again. Must mean Cheelas car is broke once more.
richee3
Don’t tell anyone I told you think about Chee La’s car but it might be just the opposite...
navseal345
It works!!
Bitter
I'm afraid to post and jinx it.
Lorelei6gc
So my dad has an older 5 series BMW and a Prius. The BMW was a gift from a friend. Its a early 2000s 540i. It could use some love.

The Prius is an early second gen with a faulty battery pack (Shocking, right?) and my dad wanted me to fix it. If I agreed to fix it, I could move in and my issues with finding a warm, dry place to sleep would be over for some time.

So my dad bought the parts and said I was going to do all the work. Turns out he doesn't have the tools and decided to let me stay anyway. I told him he should sell it for whatever its worth once its fixed. Maybe I'll be getting that 6gc sooner than I thought.

Also, I moved out to Pittsburgh, Pa. I'd love to say hello to the locals when we can go back outside.
bloodMoney
Update on Erin please!
cheela
QUOTE (bloodMoney @ May 21, 2020 - 8:49 AM) *
Update on Erin please!

This!
Bitter
Cleared to work on Tuesday. Typing on mobile sucks worse than a 7A automatic, will type more later once my laptop is fixed.
Bitter
HUZZAH MY LAPTOP IS REPAIRED! My Mushkin 480GB SSD was throwing a smart error about something failing for a long time but the terabytes written was way too low for that to be the case. Well it wasn't, it was feeling laggy then wouldn't open a folder, then failed to reboot. Kept timing out on one file during boot. Well ****. I got a 500GB Samsung 860 Evo a week ago to replace it with when I felt it acting a little funny and was going to be doing that this weekend. Last night I did it a day early. I was able to copy the home folder off and save all my stuff then cloned the 480GB drive to the 500GB drive and luckily Linux and EXT4 are robust enough that it cloned cleanly and booted up fine! No more Mushkin SSD for me I guess, trying to warranty it when the SMART error first cropped up was a nightmare, they didn't want to then they wanted to send me a worse product then they wanted me to pay up front and refund me once they verified it was bad, then I told them to screw off. I also re-applied thermal compound to the CPU while I was in there, it's made a big difference. The 5 year old Arctic Silver was all dried up and splotchy, put on some Kryonaut paste and my temps are back down a little but overall the fan runs less and spins slower to maintain the same temps, side affect the battery feels like it's lasting a little better as well.

Erin is feeling much better, based on symptoms alone she had C19. She had two swab tests come back negative though which is odd but false negative swabs are somewhat common it seems, especially if the viral load is low or you're not moving it from the lungs to the sinuses through a lot of aspiration I guess. She's still getting an occasional tightness or pain in her chest and a moment of dizzy here and there but it's much improved. She's on some Prilosec for heart burn that got really bad, the doctor mentioned seeing that in some of her other patients that tested positive for C19. She's got an order in for an anti-body test in a couple weeks so we'll know then, probably?
Lorelei6gc
QUOTE (Bitter @ May 22, 2020 - 12:10 PM) *
HUZZAH MY LAPTOP IS REPAIRED! My Mushkin 480GB SSD was throwing a smart error about something failing for a long time but the terabytes written was way too low for that to be the case. Well it wasn't, it was feeling laggy then wouldn't open a folder, then failed to reboot. Kept timing out on one file during boot. Well ****. I got a 500GB Samsung 860 Evo a week ago to replace it with when I felt it acting a little funny and was going to be doing that this weekend. Last night I did it a day early. I was able to copy the home folder off and save all my stuff then cloned the 480GB drive to the 500GB drive and luckily Linux and EXT4 are robust enough that it cloned cleanly and booted up fine! No more Mushkin SSD for me I guess, trying to warranty it when the SMART error first cropped up was a nightmare, they didn't want to then they wanted to send me a worse product then they wanted me to pay up front and refund me once they verified it was bad, then I told them to screw off. I also re-applied thermal compound to the CPU while I was in there, it's made a big difference. The 5 year old Arctic Silver was all dried up and splotchy, put on some Kryonaut paste and my temps are back down a little but overall the fan runs less and spins slower to maintain the same temps, side affect the battery feels like it's lasting a little better as well.

Erin is feeling much better, based on symptoms alone she had C19. She had two swab tests come back negative though which is odd but false negative swabs are somewhat common it seems, especially if the viral load is low or you're not moving it from the lungs to the sinuses through a lot of aspiration I guess. She's still getting an occasional tightness or pain in her chest and a moment of dizzy here and there but it's much improved. She's on some Prilosec for heart burn that got really bad, the doctor mentioned seeing that in some of her other patients that tested positive for C19. She's got an order in for an anti-body test in a couple weeks so we'll know then, probably?

Well, My fingers are crossed. Cure the Symptoms, cure the disease, they say.
Box
QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 21, 2020 - 8:10 AM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 21, 2020 - 5:31 AM) *

A 'mistake', suuuurrrreeeee.
*Marylin Monroe voice* Oh I just hope no one notices me
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Let's try this again: if anything I posted it as a test; if I didn't raise eyebrows then I knew my friends and family weren't lying to me, and that I should stop being so harsh about myself. At best I hoped for nothing negative, but I had overwhelmingly positive responses; so that was a huge confidence booster. Not that I should care how others view me, but it's nice to have that fear substantially lessened.

Anywho... I hope Erin will be ok. I had a few days I was afraid I caught it from my brother, but it passed thankfully.
Bitter
She's about 90% back to normal, still gets cold/clammy sometimes but she's back to being able to run a 5k whenever she wants to.
Box
Oh yeah... I've talked to others about it already; but after selling the Firebird I'm going to go for a Saab 9-2X Aero, because fancier WRX that's much easier to find stock(ish) in good shape for reasonable money. That or I spend a fortune on electrolysis and end up with another Celica, either way.
Bitter
Saw some bison at a state park.
https://youtu.be/AeiQHSBHopM
Box
Exciting!
Bitter
Got some popped stitches on the Celica driver seat, I guess it's getting to be time to get that thing fixed. Suggestions? I don't know if I want to order a stock replacement leather cover and put it on myself (I think I can do that myself mostly) or if I want to pay a shop to do it for me and add a little extra lumbar support in there.

https://www.lseat.com/products/2000-2006-to...vers-front.html
Hmmm...I could get red stitching and a perforated panel. I think I need to talk with them and ask some questions, like are they made to order and how much to get suede side bolsters to help hold me in the seat better. I'll probably stick with black stitching, I feel like having a bunch of red lines in the seat next to me would be distracting.

I've only managed to drive this car about 300 miles so far this year! I need to get my rear in gear and get it cleaned up to drive more and enjoy more!
Box
If you have new hog rings, the hog ring pliers, and good snips it wouldn't be that bad to change the cover yourself.
Bitter
I do have all those things! I know the seat backs are not hard to do, zipper. The bottoms have rings I think.

I'm not thrilled with their customer service, they don't take phone orders and didn't really answer all my questions that I asked in email. Maybe they're just really busy but I wasn't asking anything weird.
Box
Could be because of Covid, if they otherwise have good reviews.
Bitter
QUOTE (Box @ May 28, 2020 - 2:31 AM) *
Could be because of Covid, if they otherwise have good reviews.

I dug more into it, everyone says the same thing. HORRIBLE customer service with great products WHEN they get it correct which they do most of the time. Time frames for work completion range from 3-4 weeks to 3-6 months. It's already a little ****ed up, I said suede sides they replied suede centers but they're probably not wrong. Suede centers would make more sense and hold me better and that's what every other car does. I'm not going to do red stitching, it'll highlight if anything isn't perfectly stitched or straight. Also it's either really high quality bonded/blended leather or highly textured hide but it's definitely NOT coated leather so that'll be a nice change from the slick hard glossy seats I have now. It'll be $420 shipped for both sides front upper and lower. I'm a little on the fence but I think I should do it. I welcome opinions though!
richee3
The guys in the 100 series groups love lseats.com since our seats always rip. However, the Supra guys prefer Ridies seat covers which look better in my opinion, but I don’t know if they offer anything for the 7gc.
Bitter
QUOTE (richee3 @ May 28, 2020 - 10:55 AM) *
The guys in the 100 series groups love lseats.com since our seats always rip. However, the Supra guys prefer Ridies seat covers which look better in my opinion, but I don’t know if they offer anything for the 7gc.

They do make them and they look good but damn the price is substantially higher, $625+shipping vs $420 shipped which is enough of a difference to sway me. My friend used to do upholstery and she can help me get them on and off if I need help. That $200 difference is enough to dissuade me from bothering with this so I'm going to roll the dice on lseat.
Box
Hopefully it works out for you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.