Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teh official Where’s Box? thread
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136
Box
Started this thread for all discussions not involving the Celica, or it can involve the Celica I suppose. This way you can talk about ANYTHING that has happened during your day that you'd like to share with everyone. Had a bad day at work, share. Bought an awesome pet rock, share. Found the best new noms ever, share. Did something to your other car, share. Anything that makes me embarrassed, awkward, and makes me turn red in general, keep to yourself. tongue.gif
SupraKid
I feel as if may days may be a bit too "adult" for this website.
ClevelandGaint
So today i was working on the hemi and installed some new goodies, cleaned out the TB, installed a oil catch can, a SLP underdrive pulley and 180 t-stat. Now time to get a new tune for her.
Box
QUOTE (ClevelandGaint @ Aug 18, 2014 - 3:53 PM) *
So today i was working on the hemi and installed some new goodies, cleaned out the TB, installed a oil catch can, a SLP underdrive pulley and 180 t-stat. Now time to get a new tune for her.

Hemi? Old 426, or one of the new 392's? Details! redface.gif
ClevelandGaint
QUOTE (Box @ Aug 18, 2014 - 5:22 PM) *
QUOTE (ClevelandGaint @ Aug 18, 2014 - 3:53 PM) *

Hemi? Old 426, or one of the new 392's? Details! redface.gif

Its newer 2005 5.7 hemi, stock 340hp as they claim. I have been upgrading little by little, when i first got her i swapped out the cam for comps cam stage 2, along with comp cam pushrods. Then installed 6.1 manifold and 6.1 mid pipes. Used 6.1 liftsprings as well Custom tune from Johan from diablosport. Its still a work in progress, hopefully before winter hits i can get correct dyno #'s. I still have a large shopping list of parts i need/want for her, not counting the other 5 cars i have that need some loving too biggrin.gif
Box
Nice. So is it in something like the Magnum or something custom?
ClevelandGaint
QUOTE (Box @ Aug 18, 2014 - 5:38 PM) *

Its 05 Chrylser 300C, pretty nice, been upgrading things here and there. Had to reinstall a different nav unit because the joy sticks on the unit tend to break pretty quickly.
1994Celica
Today I replace the rear speakers in the civic. They work fine however the internet lied to me and I got the wrong size. The ones I replaced were the same size as the ones that came out which led me to believe that they were aftermarket. Now I'm going to have to drill new mounting holes for them.
Box
QUOTE (ClevelandGaint @ Aug 18, 2014 - 6:08 PM) *

Its 05 Chrylser 300C, pretty nice, been upgrading things here and there. Had to reinstall a different nav unit because the joy sticks on the unit tend to break pretty quickly.

Cool beans. My mom has a 3.5 Charger, she wants a Hemi Challenger though. She likes them, a little big and floaty for my tastes in a modern car though.

QUOTE (1994Celica @ Aug 18, 2014 - 6:11 PM) *
Today I replace the rear speakers in the civic. They work fine however the internet lied to me and I got the wrong size. The ones I replaced were the same size as the ones that came out which led me to believe that they were aftermarket. Now I'm going to have to drill new mounting holes for them.

Possibly could make an adapter ring?
ClevelandGaint
Im a bigger guy so i like the boat-ness feel to it, usually using it for longer road trips and extended drives. Otherwise i have the 944,3k, and celica for dailies.
JoshuaM

Today I am doing MORE uni assignments... what a surprise tongue.gif Got a 25% one due in 2 hours.
Box
QUOTE (ClevelandGaint @ Aug 18, 2014 - 6:50 PM) *
Im a bigger guy so i like the boat-ness feel to it, usually using it for longer road trips and extended drives. Otherwise i have the 944,3k, and celica for dailies.

It would be nice to have a car with adaptive suspension so you could go from soft and floaty for just driving around to stiff and responsive for more spirited driving. Usually floaty cars tend to make me motion sick though. kindasad.gif
RoadRage
QUOTE (JoshuaM @ Aug 18, 2014 - 6:55 PM) *
Today I am doing MORE uni assignments... what a surprise tongue.gif Got a 25% one due in 2 hours.

I got the same lol but instead doing car stuff
Box
QUOTE (RoadRage @ Aug 18, 2014 - 8:27 PM) *
QUOTE (JoshuaM @ Aug 18, 2014 - 6:55 PM) *

I got the same lol but instead doing car stuff

SLACKER!!! redface.gif
RoadRage
Eh.. well I wanted to but it seems too cold to paint my skirts
Back inside I go
njccmd2002
today i did not know which today post to post in ....
Box
Obviously the Super Non-Celica Edition 2000 MKVIII, where everything goes provided it's not rude! It's also great for everyone to share things about their non-Celica projects, since individual threads would kind of get lost in space. Or maybe you'd like to share a gyro with me, I like gyros.
rentaspace
QUOTE (Box @ Aug 18, 2014 - 7:25 PM) *
QUOTE (ClevelandGaint @ Aug 18, 2014 - 6:08 PM) *

Cool beans. My mom has a 3.5 Charger, she wants a Hemi Challenger though. She likes them, a little big and floaty for my tastes in a modern car though.

QUOTE (1994Celica @ Aug 18, 2014 - 6:11 PM) *

Possibly could make an adapter ring?

I just used wood for mine, then sprayed it satin black:

njccmd2002
good deal for leather seats...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-TOYOTA-CELICA...395&vxp=mtr

good deal..

another...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-99-Celica-Hatch...527&vxp=mtr
RoadRage
Today I thought I was having an OK day but its ended up pretty damn ****ty frown.gif
Having battery/alternator/fuse who knows what problems
1994Celica
I think I am going to make an adapter. After looking at it again today there isn't enough metal around it to make it fit well.
VavAlephVav
Today I give my Brother's 2001 Malibu back since i got mine running. he bought this beater for $500 because it needs a new ignition switch (among other things). You have to sit and Wiggle the key for sometimes 15 min before you get it to unlock and turn. kindasad.gif
Box
QUOTE (RoadRage @ Aug 19, 2014 - 7:52 AM) *
Today I thought I was having an OK day but its ended up pretty damn ****ty frown.gif
Having battery/alternator/fuse who knows what problems

Oh noes. frown.gif
PegGTS
QUOTE (VavAlephVav @ Aug 19, 2014 - 11:25 AM) *
Today I give my Brother's 2001 Malibu back since i got mine running. he bought this beater for $500 because it needs a new ignition switch (among other things). You have to sit and Wiggle the key for sometimes 15 min before you get it to unlock and turn. kindasad.gif

My first car before the Celi was a 2001 Malibu. Thing was so ballin'

Box
The best part was the Zelda decal. tongue.gif
PegGTS
Of course tongue.gif On a side note, that would be a pretty neat colour to paint the Celi
Box
Yes, yes it would. redface.gif
Box
So apparently everyone in Miata-ville seems to think they're going to want to total my car... I don't see how, it's like $1,000 in parts at the most... I guess it's body shop labour that's the issue, but I can do it myself if it keeps it from being totaled. I don't want to go through the car shopping ordeal all over again... Tomorrow is seven days, so at the earliest I'll know tomorrow. Tuesday by the latest.
VavAlephVav
as long as the frame isn't tweaked and you just need hood, nose, fender, headlights I'd tell em to give the max they can without totaling it, and they can pss off and like it. smile.gif
richee3
Is everything working out with their insurance?
Box
The only damage to the uni-body is where the passenger side of the core support and the tip of the chassis next to the headlight is pushed in like an inch, I could go out and fix it in less than an hour and no one would ever know the difference. I already checked the suspension and all of the chassis seams and it's all good. From behind the wheel you'd never guess it had been in an incident. Honestly it's kind of pissing me off/worrying the Hell out of me that everyone on the Miata forum says they'll total it... I'm willing to do the work myself if they'll give enough to cover parts, paint, and a small enough cushion so I'm not paying out myself in the event I have to pay a premium price for one part or another.

I should hear from them tomorrow, or Tuesday by the latest. This is frustrating. If it wasn't for the fact I was waiting on insurance I'd already have it torn down and prepared for new panels.
njccmd2002
They should shot down the forum. Nothing but incompetents. Clearly they have not seen what 1st gen celica owners have restored. Is they total it buy it back repair and sell it, unless a salvaged title does not bother you...
HaysoosKreesto
Today I had a bit of a laugh at this. New trend sweeping the nation perhaps?

VavAlephVav
lol , masking tape is cheap
njccmd2002
That looks more like he got pranked
Box
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 23, 2014 - 1:07 AM) *
They should shot down the forum. Nothing but incompetents. Clearly they have not seen what 1st gen celica owners have restored. Is they total it buy it back repair and sell it, unless a salvaged title does not bother you...

I really don't see how they could total it, for one I have to agree to it which I won't. Secondly it'd be a lot cheaper to pay me off for parts than to give the retail value of the car. Either way I won't make it easy on them if they try to screw me over.

Apparently insurance is off on the weekends, so have to wait until Monday or Tuesday now...
spolski07
1000 bucks to a car that is valued at 2500.. right not totaled...
Box
QUOTE (spolski07 @ Aug 25, 2014 - 1:24 PM) *
1000 bucks to a car that is valued at 2500.. right not totaled...

Well, that's below the lowest percentage even. 50-75% of total value in damages before it's totaled. At this point I just don't even care anymore, the more I think about it the less I want to deal with it. I've only had the top down once and that was on the way home after buying it, then I started to burn and had to put the top up. I'm not a convertible person.
1994Celica
Are you going to sell it and start your search over again?

Today I went back to college and started my second year.... hooray thumbsdown.gif
Box
I don't know, just depends on insurance really. If they total it I'll buy it back and sell it to someone deserving, if they don't total it I'll keep it.

Then it's just back to the 240SX, Mustang, or Supra ordeal all over again.
njccmd2002
celica
Box
It'd have to be the first generation liftback. Even with the Miata's meager amount of power I've remembered how much more I like rear wheel drive.

Really it'd be down to Supra or Mustang I suppose... V8's cause wonderful feelings inside of me.
1994Celica
240 with an ls swap?
Box
Meh, rather have the Supra stock or swapped when I think about it. It's what I should've bought the first time around, but I couldn't find a nice one. I hurt too often to be in these cars that ride like ass.
VavAlephVav
QUOTE (1994Celica @ Aug 25, 2014 - 4:38 PM) *
Are you going to sell it and start your search over again?

Today I went back to college and started my second year.... hooray thumbsdown.gif

later you'll be glad you've got a good job so you can spend money on your hotrod.

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 25, 2014 - 6:55 PM) *
celica

+1

QUOTE (Box @ Aug 25, 2014 - 6:59 PM) *
It'd have to be the first generation liftback. Even with the Miata's meager amount of power I've remembered how much more I like rear wheel drive.

Really it'd be down to Supra or Mustang I suppose... V8's cause wonderful feelings inside of me.

like this one

its still got the rear end sitting there - id go down and get it for $120 if I knew somebody wanted to buy it. smile.gif

Box
It'd be a MKIII Supra, was my first car and the only one I constantly think about getting back.
njccmd2002
the differential in that car is worth more than the car alone
ClevelandGaint
Box is on the search again, I vote mkiii
VavAlephVav
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 26, 2014 - 7:18 AM) *
the differential in that car is worth more than the car alone

ya im tempted to go down there and get it just to sit on and wait for somebody that wants it.
Box
MKIII it is, now to wait a year for one to show up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.