Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte intercooler fluid flush
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
4-eyed-freek
hey guys, just wondering if i need to have the engine running for the intercooler/heat exchanger pump to work or will the key in the 'on' position work?
enderswift
No need to run the engine, the drain on the heat exchanger is the lowest point on the system. Only a glass of coolant gets left behind
4-eyed-freek
will it need to be bled? i dont want a code 54 lol
enderswift
QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Sep 1, 2014 - 1:11 PM) *
will it need to be bled? i dont want a code 54 lol

Not really, the fill port is the highest point
cardshark525
Empty it at the bottom, engine off.

Refill at top, engine off.

Now... The pump will suck the level down a little when you start the car and hit the gas to make the pump run.

So once you have topped it off with the engine off, I've found the best way to "finish it off" is to have the fill cap off, start the engine, and then top it off after the level gets sucked down a bit. If you don't have the pump wired to run continually it might help if you have a 2nd person just barely be on the gas, which will run the pump. Don't need to kill it, but have them holding steady just above idle.

After it's filled to the fill line with the engine running, cap it, and call it a day.
4-eyed-freek
Thanks guys! every thing worked well! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.