Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'THE FOUR'
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
4-eyed-freek
Hey guys!

Been a few years since ive been around the 6gc world, in that time ive gone through school and worked my way up in life. through that time i never forgot the passion i had for my 6gc and told myself one day i would own one again. the day came and the opportunity could not be passed up. over 2000 miles, one college football game(rough night lol) and way too much in toll money got me to my dream, a dream that cant be told with words. so i welcome you, my st205 gt4.

(pictures soon to come)

4-eyed-freek
a little tease before bed thumbsup.gif

richee3
Awesome, glad you posted it! I hate the tolls on the way there and back. We always take $100 cash just for tolls.
njccmd2002
hmm, where have i seen that car......
kurt95gt
Beautiful
enderswift
You need to come to the Midwest meet
timbo16
Very clean GT4!
cheela
QUOTE (enderswift @ Sep 7, 2014 - 1:22 PM) *
You need to come to the Midwest meet

^ this!!

congrats man. a total dream come true.
4-eyed-freek
Thank you everyone! it really is a dream come true, ill do a little update tonight with some pictures.

As of right now the car site in the garage waiting out the hassle with insurance and then to most likely battle the dmv with the title.
(its apparent no one likes there job seeing as i say its a 12 digit vin and they instantly say they cant do it...)
currently the insurance is pending, should know for sure by today.
4-eyed-freek
update!! car is now fully insured!

...commence the battle with the dmv now!
qatar11
QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Sep 9, 2014 - 8:44 AM) *
update!! car is now fully insured!

...commence the battle with the dmv now!

Chop Chop - I want to see this thing when I go up for LSPR smile.gif
msk59
Very Nice and what year is that Repsol. I have a 2012 1000RR (my first baby) in black.
nics
Very nice! One of the perks living in Michigan, registering seems easy. I just thought last week of importing one since I moved here, but I'd find a LHD.. Good luck to me! lol
4-eyed-freek
FINALLY!!!!!! car is now on the road. titled in Wisconsin. Michigan was cool but long story short they wanted 6 days to transfer some things and i wanted the car for the weekend.
Now that this headache and battle is over i will post more about the car with some pictures for you guys! thumbsup.gif
qatar11
Clearly you have an address in WI you are leveraging? smile.gif
4-eyed-freek
we luckily have a business in Wisconsin! i will say i like Michigan prices though.. cost an arm,leg,and half my bank account just to tittle it.
cheela
so.... I can get a GT-FOUR in WI.... hmmmm
4-eyed-freek
Story time! laugh.gif

After finally getting the car registered and insured i pretty much drove the car one full day straight haha
prior to all this excitement i had a look around the car checking the mechanical stability and possible faults i would run into.
There is no way around saying this nicely,the car lived a horrible life for a long time. what i found mechanically wrong had me baffled, and astonished this car still performed the way it did.

THE BAD....

so I decided to check and then flush and fill the cooling system, engine and intercooler.
i first found green coolant in the engine, nothing wrong with that but im pretty picky so super long life was going in regardless.
next was the intercooler, i just laughed when i saw what came out...mud...and water. so after a flush with the hose i realized there was some serious blockage going on. i decided to take the intercooler into work and flush it out some mo

intercooler (coolant....)

the junk i found in the cooling system. used CLR to clear it out.

After focusing on the cooling system and taking care of the little blemishes, i directed my attention to the suspension and drive train.
Things i found faulty...
both strut bolts on top completely loose.
sub frame bolts loose
all four strut top mounts worn
pass strut leaking
worn sway bar bushings in the front
axle back portion of exhaust not even bolted on
rear diff near empty of fluid
gear fluid black and in need of replacement (replaced)
clutch fluid black and in need of replacement (replaced)
oil and toyota filter (replaced)

(after tightening and inspecting almost all the noise from the front suspension is gone. im now only left with the strut tops making some noise.
i do plan on replacing the suspension for some aftermarket parts)

all in all it is a project car, and my pass time. i cant complain to much. the car is wonderful to drive and pulls very nicely. i will do a few more updates on some things i am working on.

some bonus pictures.

somewhere in Pennsylvania, we were tired from a long day of driving

power folding mirrors!

nothing really gets attention more then a rhd car, the looks are epic!

njccmd2002
Wow. I love ir. One day baby...
Nial
Nice looking Faff, I am sure you will make plenty of people jealous having a real one over there. Keep up the good work thumbsup.gif

I Like the last picture a lot.
4-eyed-freek
Finally found some turbo blue in the area to address the low octane issue i feel i was having. Thankfully the car runs like a new car...funny to think how much of a difference it made. none the less i have a friend who works at a local tuning shop and he agreed to let me run my car on the dyno one night.

made an impressive 259.7whp & 237.2tq

im working on getting the dyno sheet seeing as it was after hours and we really never got around to printing it. i do have a crappy video i will try to upload though thumbsup.gif
richee3
<------ Jealous.
cheela
^ Says the guy with the Supra...
FORGMANN
Well this is weird

Since importing my ST205 10 years ago seems like i am always close to other ST205s
First the Red one that has been around the country and white one owned by retired doctor
in Columbus area

Now i live in Green Bay for last few years and once again have a st205 close by, Awesome and Great pics .

I was just in Marinette today for work . Won't see my st205 on street any time soon as
supercharged 2GRFE V6 Mr2 is priority to get done by next spring . Neither car will get
driven in winter ever.

This is from a stop in Fond du lac to get gas August 13' towing home from sitting in friends body shop
near Dubuque ,IA for 8 years

4-eyed-freek
Absolutely amazing!! Definitely should try to meet up one time! I'm pleased to hear there is another great machine so close!
4-eyed-freek

nothing like a warm fall day, curvy roads, and spooling!! thumbsup.gif

small update

Been driving the car a lot recently, can you blame me lol
unfortunately the time is getting closer to storing it for the winter and doing some work on it. (super strut suspension is crying for help!!!) i have some questions for you guys. im looking to put the car up on jack stands, should i put them on the pinch welds or the actual frame rails?
also would anyone have the minimal rotor thickness for turning st205 rotors?

thanks for the help guys!

BONUS!!!!
my dad found this gem, looks like your typical momo shift knob..but its by far not! came in a Toyota bag with a part number. (i will post the number tonight) i ran the number at work through our system with no luck, our parts manager couldn't even run the number. i eventually came across a site on Google and found out it was only a Japanese part for the ST 205. list in 93...$203!!!!!! laugh.gif

4-eyed-freek
Update,
TRD coil overs thumbsup.gif
big thanks to forgmann!

Going to start putting this all in tonight, lubed everything up last night to prep the car. hopefully it should be smooth sailing.
getting back to the momo shift knob, found some pictures of the part numbers and then ran it in toyodiy's web site as a jdm number only.

Fate
Awesome!
Nial
QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Sep 30, 2014 - 11:32 AM) *
I have some questions for you guys. im looking to put the car up on jack stands, should i put them on the pinch welds or the actual frame rails?

I would go with neither, try and find support on the sub frames, make some nice wooden blocks and use that to support the car.

If you are feeling creative you could make some hub mounted jack stands.
4-eyed-freek
As far as wood blocks are you just suggesting to use wood blocks between the frame rails and jacks to even out the pressure and avoid the stands being directly on the rails? or just big blocks or wood lol
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Fate @ Oct 1, 2014 - 1:59 PM) *
Awesome!

Thanks!! smile.gif
4-eyed-freek
*update* car is now lowered in the front.

-unfortunately i broke the pass side axle, not a single clue how but when the strut came out the banana arm and camber arm dropped down a lot further than the previous side. i thought to myself that was strange and continued. when i started to resemble i couldn't get the strut up into the top where it bolts to the strut tower. later found out the axle was binding inside the inner axle boot. my dad just lightly,and this is no exaggeration... pushed the axle back; we heard a pop and now the axle shaft spins freely inside the inner boot. time for new front axles rolleyes.gif

apart from that set back the car is now waiting on axles and then rush to get it to the shop it will be resting in over winter tongue.gif
where it will get undercoated, rear suspension, catless down pipe, jdm tails, and new pads with turned rotors.

4-eyed-freek
"small update"

After the axle situation,which wasnt easily resolved like i wished. i had to trailer the car an hour to where i work to put the car on a lift. once in the air it came right out without any issues. i replaced the trans fluid and axle seals while i had it in the air. since i had the car at work i decided to throw it on the alignment rack....ughhh not pretty. i got most of it into somewhat spec* better than what it had been at. My mind then turned to some other little things, but out of no where the ominous super strut clunk came. my thought turned to the figure 8, with help from some great people at tcb in the uk i received my part only to find out that the control arm needed replacement. once again with some great help from 6gc i got a great collection of suspension parts. with all this being said,and the snow begin to fall i have not gotten the car into storage. hopefully within the month i will be able to get the car into storage where the fender will get repainted, brakes rotors will be sand blasted,painted and then turned, install the control arm, installed the rear coils, and undercoat the car.

i would like to give a big shout out to luke (enderswift) and dave (dkdmonk)
for all the great help they have provided!

susper strut parts from dkdmonk

awaiting sand blasting

after blasting

also cleaned the threads up with a wire wheel

primed, and then painted by my best friend. (who will eventually paint the car)

unfortunately the car was really dirty in this picture but i just happened to snap this neat picture after taking my brother out for a ride. biggrin.gif
enderswift
no prob bro, Midwest 6gc always helps each other out. Chris and Zack got me a replacement s54 in less than a day. However, I demand an hour of time under that car to take measurements!
JDUB
love it!
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (JDUB @ Nov 18, 2014 - 8:24 PM) *
love it!

Thanks! biggrin.gif
4-eyed-freek
Im in no way a photographer, just purchased a newer camera (first one since my digital one from 2009....) and decided to try it out. i figured i would share biggrin.gif

4-eyed-freek
Any ideas, its on the center of the windshield. Ive been asking around but just not much luck.

Anoroc
If I'm not mistaken, that's a Japanese registration/roadworthiness sticker.
dflore23
How did you import your gt4 to the US? I would really like to know
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (dflore23 @ Nov 27, 2014 - 6:33 AM) *
How did you import your gt4 to the US? I would really like to know

I did not do the importing, I was just a buyer. It was originally imported in 2009
4-eyed-freek
Hey guys! After many weeks of debate on where i was exactly going to put they car (big garage or single car) I decided that i was going to use the bigger of the two due to the fact that it was well light and better heat. I finally got around to getting some good work done. I fist started off with the front brakes. i bought a set used to have them turned, sand blasted, and then painted. Im very pleased with how the results turned out. I also replaced the front pads with new oem supra pads. Once complete with that small task i worked on raising the car up enough for me to undercoat it fully. This included the wheel wells, under body, and also using rust prevention under the door sills to protect the rockers. About 7 hours went into undercoating the car and Im once again extremely pleased with how it turned out. I also removed the pass fender to have it painted and fixed due to the patch job where the usdm turn signal was. My next project will be replacing the rear struts to the trd coils and then replacing the lower control arms.

Started off with this... rust ridges and just a rust bucket to begin with.

This is the end product of having them turned, blasted, and cleaned in a solvent wash. Looks like new!! But not to my standards! biggrin.gif

Spent well over and hour taping each one of these monsters off to insure the paint would look perfect!

I then had my friend prime them and paint them with a high temp paint. (ceramic paint i believe..)

Installed!!

Same process will be done for the rears as well. You can also see from the pictures the undercoat that was applied. (the same product used to do tundra & tacoma frames at dealerships)

Getting that darn fender fixed up, should look 10x better when done!

Cant wait to get her back on the road in spring!!
Edser
Those disks look awesome. Congrats! I love the wheels too, what size are they and offset? And the the tyres? I'll be looking for something similar for mine.
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Edser @ Dec 13, 2014 - 5:08 PM) *
Those disks look awesome. Congrats! I love the wheels too, what size are they and offset? And the the tyres? I'll be looking for something similar for mine.

Thanks! the wheels are a little rough actually. They are tenzo r mono blocks. 18x8 with 235's in the rear and 225 in the front. The front tires are different from the rear only due to the fact that i put a cheap set on just until i finalize my alignment so i don't go and chew a nice set up. As far as the wheel offset im not positive. I do have spacers all the way around.
Anoroc
QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Dec 14, 2014 - 12:08 PM) *
The front tires are different from the rear only due to the fact that i put a cheap set on just until i finalize my alignment so i don't go and chew a nice set up.

No more than 500m worth of drive away... right?

Right?

Please send my condolences to your centre diff D:
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Anoroc @ Jan 11, 2015 - 5:42 AM) *
QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Dec 14, 2014 - 12:08 PM) *
The front tires are different from the rear only due to the fact that i put a cheap set on just until i finalize my alignment so i don't go and chew a nice set up.

No more than 500m worth of drive away... right?

Right?

Please send my condolences to your centre diff D:

Width of a tire has no affect on the diff.... If it were a different diameter, then yes there would be wear on the drive train
4-eyed-freek
Update!

just a few pictures of some goodies i got.
car will be back home in a week. fender is fixed and painted along with the suspension being finished. cant wait to get out and drive

*also got a HKS intake kit, pics will come later
4-eyed-freek
apparently i can no longer post pictures lol
4-eyed-freek

Down pipe goes in tonight, can't wait!
cheela
did u break the internet again?... lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.