Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 86mm sleved 5s block
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
quark2501
I been reading up on 5sgte for awhile now. Just cracked my 3 gen block at 500hp.

I really dont want to have that extra stroke, I want to rev it to 8500rpm like i didt with the 3 gen, so what IŽam thinking is alittle different.

Can you put a 3s crank, con-rods, and PISTONS in a 5s block that have been sleved to 86mm, to make it very though?

Would the pistons have the correct pin offset?

Sorry for my English, just ask if you want me to explain something better.
Smaay
yes you can put the 3S crank in a 5S block, but the deck heights are different. you will need a custom piston and rod combination to de-stroke the engine.

im surprised that you cracked a 3rd gen at only 500 HP. it should take that all day long. you could look for a 2nd gen engine. that would be easier than dealing with a 5S
Syaoran
The deck heights are the same AFAIK, the difference in both applications is the compression height of the piston. With the deck heights being the same, the 5SFE piston has a lower compression height to compensate for the added stroke. The rods are the same as well.

If you were to use a sleeved 5S block with a 3s crank, rods, head and pistons, you'd effectively have a stronger 3SGTE.
celicadreamer96
This is exactly what I'm doing except for with a 4th gen if your planning on doing keep me posted would love to see the turn out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.