Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: experiment time, everyone can support
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Smaay
Can everyone do me a favor please. Im chasing down this last issue on this swap I finished. Key on, engine not running the battery light is on normally. Start the engine and It dimms quite a bit but still on.

I have looked at the Camry, 97 celica ST and GT, and several other charging wiring diagrams. they all say that pin 1 or the L signal for the light should be 0-4V with key on and engine off.

Well on this car im getting about 5.1 Volts.

I checked both my 97 Celica with the swap, and my GF 99 Celica (stock) and they both are putting out 12V on that pin.

Can you guys please go out, turn the key to ON and check the voltage of pin 1 or the L signal and post it. Im wondering if the toyota diagrams are wrong.

Pin 1 is the yellow wire and its the first one on the left looking at the plug with the clip on the top.
Thanks!!!!!!
Smaay
come on guys, this takes 5 minutes. I need this information
doory100
What wire harness are you referring to?
Bitter
I had a 5S camry in the shop years ago with a rotten alternator sense wire, corroded through the whole harness up into the dash. I had to piggy back a new wire from where ever it came from through on out to the alternator. Possibly you have a rotten wire issue as well, if memory serves me the charging light should have alternator voltage on both sides when the engine is running and that is also the voltage sense for the IC/Diodes inside to control charging voltage. I'm running on pure memory, this was about 5 years ago.
njccmd2002
put a pic of that harness..
Smaay
QUOTE (Bitter @ Oct 6, 2014 - 5:32 PM) *
I had a 5S camry in the shop years ago with a rotten alternator sense wire, corroded through the whole harness up into the dash. I had to piggy back a new wire from where ever it came from through on out to the alternator. Possibly you have a rotten wire issue as well, if memory serves me the charging light should have alternator voltage on both sides when the engine is running and that is also the voltage sense for the IC/Diodes inside to control charging voltage. I'm running on pure memory, this was about 5 years ago.

Bitter, you are correct that you should get voltage on both sides when the alternator is running.

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Oct 6, 2014 - 6:30 PM) *
put a pic of that harness..

im talking about the 3 wire plug that plugs into the alternator. pull the plug off, looking into the plug with the clip on the top, pin 1 is on the left. It should be a yellow wire
Smaay
come one guys, i need this information, this takes 5 minutes to do
Syaoran
Let me see if I can find my multimeter, brb.
Syaoran
Batt voltage:

Pin 1:
Smaay
^^^ thank you!!!!!

more data points please. Its starting to look like the toyota drawing is incorrect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.