Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte down pipe advice..
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
4-eyed-freek
so, here is my issue. maybe not an issue but this is why i have you smart peeps biggrin.gif

on my 3s i have the a/f sensor and thats all. but bellow that on the (down pipe) is like a temp sensor or something. and i cant find any down pipes that support this. now i want a berk... like really bad. should i contact them? or is there another solution? i dont want to have my dp crack.
Smaay
um yeah I dont know what you are talking about. There is no temp sensors. there are only O2 sensors.
Malek
I'm not exactly sure what you mean either..

But I have the Berk's 3rd gen downpipe This One and have the stock sensor bolted in at the top and my MTX-L wideband sensor on their additional bottom bung..

Upload a pic to help us understand what you're talking about haha
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Smaay @ Oct 26, 2014 - 8:16 PM) *
um yeah I dont know what you are talking about. There is no temp sensors. there are only O2 sensors.

http://galleryplus.ebayimg.com/ws/web/3608...1/1000x1000.jpg

looks like this.
Came on Japanese models only as far as I can tell. It's to monitor the cat temp, and if it over heats. Now I've read people not using them but I'm not sure something I want to do. Most likely will throw a code.
presure2
thats just a sensor to make sure the cat is heated and working properly. no cat, no need for the sensor. it wont throw a code. noone in the usa who does the swap uses it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.