Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TOUCHLESS CAR WASHES GOOD 4 CELI?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
DJMC_Celica
Ok, my buddy told me yesterday that i can forget ever going to Delta Sonic "local car wash" Because i ordered a Veilside Bodykit and he said it will be too low for it to go on the track, and they have a Enter at your own risk!!! So if it goes it goes! Im, SOL! what do you guys think?
LatinKraze
Wash it yourself......that is all i can recommend.
Sh0gunkid8721
im 1,000% sure that you'll clear at stock height with the kit
macavely
you can go to a hand car wash.. were they use those water guns that spit out the soap with the watter.
DJMC_Celica
I know, i plan on washing itmyself it's just my ex-g/f works there and she hooks me up with like the detailing and wax stuff for free. So thats why i was curious!!!
BlackCelicaGT94
I wouldnt suggest the no touch car wash! i went thru it and it scraped my whole passenger side! 1,000 bucks worth of damage! Luckily the car wash owner paid for it but he didnt believe his machine did it, he thought my car had been keyed and that i took it there then made up a story! But whatever it got fixed! anyways its just best to wash your own car or take it to a detail shop and shell out the cash for it to be damn clean!
boosted_K2
not to mention the number it does to scrape the hell outa your wheels.
ghostdog
how exactly does the no-touch car wash scratch your car? the one I go to has an arm that goes around the perimeter of your car and sprays everything, then it sprays soap and water from up top, then rinse off with the arm, and finally it drys from up top. probably doesn't come closer than 6 inches from your car at any point.
3FingersCelica
Be careful taking it through a car wash. My friends front bumper got chipped trying to get it. The worst part is the people working there told him he had plenty of clearence room.
Coomer
I highly suggest washing your own car using a washmit and mild car wash soap(mixed right of course.) wink.gif I know that a lot of the soap used at those car wash places is pretty concentrated, and will often strip the wax off of your car. And the spray on wax or whatever they sometimes put on after doesn't even compare to Meguiars Gold Class or Zymol wax. wink.gif
BlackCelicaGT94
QUOTE (gh0st_d0g @ Feb 9, 2004 - 2:24 PM)
how exactly does the no-touch car wash scratch your car? the one I go to has an arm that goes around the perimeter of your car and sprays everything, then it sprays soap and water from up top, then rinse off with the arm, and finally it drys from up top. probably doesn't come closer than 6 inches from your car at any point.

It didnt tell me where to park so i guess i parked a lil to far over to the left and it scratched my car!
Redline_Racer
ahhh man don't take it through a auto-wash, you can't beat a good old fashion hand wash. I suggest some Jet Wash by Turtle Wax, all you do is screw your hose in the back and bada bing its a pressure was from your hose. I trust it 100%, it cleans and comes off very nicly and adds a layer of polish/wax to your car. you can buy it pretty much anywhere from Wal-Mart to Autozone.

-Brandon
BlackCelicaGT94
Anyone tried the mr. Clean car wash? that you dont have to dry and it wont leave watermarks? id like to know if that works! thats the one part i hate about washing my car..drying it off! i cant seem to do it right
lagos
i just got a california water blade. its does a very good job of getting the car dry without water marks. it cut down my drying time by 1/2.
Coomer
QUOTE (BlackCelicaGT94 @ Feb 9, 2004 - 3:50 PM)
Anyone tried the mr. Clean car wash? that you dont have to dry and it wont leave watermarks? id like to know if that works! thats the one part i hate about washing my car..drying it off! i cant seem to do it right

I read a long thread on SupraForums.com about that, and most people liked it, and said it does what it's advertised to do, even when you wash the car in hot direct sunlight. They said that you have to replace the filter every three washes though, so that's new filters for me every week and a half in the summer. wink.gif

I just use one of those absorber towels(or two if I can con someone into helping me dry the car) to dry the car, and it works really well. Just remember to wash the car and dry it in the shade. smile.gif
BenMMellor
nothing beats a handjob in thise sense.. when you wash the car yourself you'll find all the littel dings, chips etc.. and have chance to sort them before they get worse.

I use pressure washer on both of mine then meguairs shampoo and then use the meguairs drying cloths.. need something with a bit of grunt to get all the road grime off at the moment..

I have some polishes from contact who runs a chipsaway place, smells and feels just like Meguiars.. he also set me up with 5kilos of polishing cloths... remember Wax On Wax Off.... looks spanking at the end of 2 hrs, 3hrs if i do both cars..
MoralWarfare
QUOTE (lagos @ Feb 10, 2004 - 2:17 AM)
i just got a california water blade. its does a very good job of getting the car dry without water marks. it cut down my drying time by 1/2.

I have actually heard a lot of bad things about the California Waterblade, but I'm glad it's working for you smile.gif . If it ever breaks or anything, try out the Absorber, it's the ****!
Pandeo
...Be carefull with the California water blade; It's excellent if you wash your car in a closed place, but if you do it outside with a little wind, you can scrap your paint because some little thing come in the wind.

I have used this trick when have work in a carwash. It's do a great job, or destroy the paint...
blkGT
QUOTE (BlackCelicaGT94 @ Feb 9, 2004 - 4:50 PM)

my friend uses it on his vintage mustang and its INCREDIBLE. use it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.