Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project "Blizzard Pearl"
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
CelicaDICE
Greetings everyone! Welcome to my project thread. My car has been with me for nearly six years, and its time for my ST204 to get a new Paint job!

Day One

There, so far so good! Now for the front...

There we go...

I decided to take my time with the front, Don't wanna break any clips, especially for those Kouki lights!!

Going to put these parts over m'hya.

Alright, took care of some stuff, but I still have a long way to go. I'll just cover it and get ready for the next day.

cheela
nice! blizzard pearl is gonna look sweet. Are you painting it yourself?
CelicaDICE
QUOTE (cheela @ Nov 25, 2014 - 8:30 PM) *
nice! blizzard pearl is gonna look sweet. Are you painting it yourself?

Sadly no, But a friend of mine knows how to paint Blizzard pearl really well.
richee3
We almost painted ours Blizzard Pearl but decided in favor of Super White. The pearls were all too creamy for us, but I do still love seeing a good Pearl white!
CelicaDICE
Day Two

Removed the Tail Lights with harness, and the Plate Garnish. Now to cover some holes.

Oh, whats that I have? These are the 7th Gen Celica(also found on MKIV Supras) Side markers that I bought a while back, they fit quite nicely and use the same bulbs too.

Now for the Door Panels and Power Folding mirrors...

That takes care of that.

Oh, almost forgot about that.

Ah, these will do...

CelicaDICE
I apologize for the lack of updates, my fellow 6GC members. I've been busy with a couple of assignments. However, I do have a couple of updates. My friend(the painter) says that I can take everything to his facility on Tuesday(December 2). After that, I'll show everyone the results as soon as its finished. So stay tuned! tongue.gif
JoshuaM

We will be waiting! I really want to see this thing painted! smile.gif
richee3
Underground_Design has his painted pearl white as well. His pictures that show the pearl better are on Facebook though. Very fitting color for a Celica!

PegGTS
kloud_kicka's car is also painted pearl white. It looks beautiful in person!

Box
Pearl makes white interesting, that or a heavy metallic. Then again pearl and metallic makes every colour more interesting, just neutrals need it more.
CelicaDICE
QUOTE (PegGTS @ Dec 1, 2014 - 9:58 PM) *

Wow! Unbelievable! That paint reminds me of Satin White Pearl. A few months ago, I was considering either Blizzard Pearl or Satin White Pearl. I had a chance to look at two cars that had the colors that I had in mind, but it was in doors with too much light, so It gave me more time to decide which one I wanted to go for. It wasn't until when I saw a 2014 Toyota Avalon in Blizzard Pearl with the Sun shinning on the paint. Thanks to that car,(and Mother nature) I was hooked on Blizzard Pearl. laugh.gif
kloudkicka
QUOTE (CelicaDICE @ Dec 3, 2014 - 12:54 AM) *
QUOTE (PegGTS @ Dec 1, 2014 - 9:58 PM) *

Wow! Unbelievable! That paint reminds me of Satin White Pearl. A few months ago, I was considering either Blizzard Pearl or Satin White Pearl. I had a chance to look at two cars that had the colors that I had in mind, but it was in doors with too much light, so It gave me more time to decide which one I wanted to go for. It wasn't until when I saw a 2014 Toyota Avalon in Blizzard Pearl with the Sun shinning on the paint. Thanks to that car,(and Mother nature) I was hooked on Blizzard Pearl. laugh.gif

riiight on the money CelicaDICE, my car is painted satin white pearl, looking forward to your progress
CelicaDICE
Great news everyone! My ST204 is nearly complete! biggrin.gif I might bring out photos of the car in its fresh new Paint sometime next week.
JoshuaM
QUOTE (CelicaDICE @ Dec 11, 2014 - 5:12 PM) *
Great news everyone! My ST204 is nearly complete! biggrin.gif I might bring out photos of the car in its fresh new Paint sometime next week.

redface.gif You do realise this is 6GC.... you're not allowed to get things done this fast!!! tongue.gif

Look forward to seeing it smile.gif We have the Toyota Aurion's in that colour here and it is a great colour smile.gif
Box
That's right, it took me about two years to start doing stuff to mine and then I sold it.
kloudkicka
so what happened to the progress on this car? bump for any updates
Anoroc
I need pearled paint in my life.
CelicaDICE
Hey guys. Its been a while, but I have big news. The car has been finished a few days before the last weeks of 2014. This weekend, I'll show you all the photos of The Miami's Angel with its new color! In the meantime, heres a photo of it being exposed to direct Sunlight.

[/img]
The_enD
Damn, that's nice.
cheela
oooooooh..... so shiny!!!!
CelicaDICE
Im going to be quite busy on weekends, so I'm just going to show you all my Pearl White ST204. (Warning: lots of pictures)

Here are some photos of the Interior:

The Dealer Option Armrest is quite useful. biggrin.gif

Whats next for the ST204?:

• Refurbish OEM Rims and paint them to Chrome
  • Convert the Tail lights & Third Brake light to fully functional LED
  • Convert The license plate Surround to European one(I already have it, I just need to have my friend paint it.)
  • Either get a DuckBill Spoiler and fit it alongside with the 3-Post Spoiler Or Convert to 2 Post and get SS-III spoiler(and remove the SS-III emblems)
blockustomz
Nice and clean. Love to get my hands on that arm rest.
kloudkicka
Niice work, looks flawless
richee3
Looks great!
JFXtreme007
Really does look awesome!
mkernz22
The car looks really clean!

However, you should get SSIII front skirts so it matches the rest of the lip kit.
It's just one of those things that annoy me lol
CelicaDICE
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Feb 14, 2015 - 9:30 PM) *
The car looks really clean!

However, you should get SSIII front skirts so it matches the rest of the lip kit.
It's just one of those things that annoy me lol

lol. Before I began with this project, I was thinking about the SS-III front skirts. But I realized that finding the OEM TRD Front Lips were more harder to find and were meant for the 94' and 95' Celicas(non Turbo powered models, there is another one thats identical to mine but are meant for the GT-Four models) but they fit really well on my 98' Celica. When I found these on Ebay, I Just had to get them. Also, Thank you all for the compliments! Really appreciate it!!
Box
It needs more low and less automatic. tongue.gif
CelicaDICE
QUOTE (Box @ Feb 17, 2015 - 7:16 PM) *
It needs more low and less automatic. tongue.gif

Yea, It does need to go a bit lower, but as for the automatic part...nah. I driven lots of manual cars before I got this one. But I appreciate your suggestion though! tongue.gif

Anyway, quick update. I was thinking about replicating the Vinyl that were put on the First Gen Celicas, but I want to make it look more modern. Heres an example(pic was not taken by me)

Might do a sketch of that same vinyl but more modernized to match the curves of the 6G Celica.
CelicaDICE
Later this month, My current license plate surround will be changed to the Europe license plate surround(don't worry, It won't be in this silver color. It'll be painted to Gloss black).

Would like to give a Shot-out to TheEnd for sending me the part last year. thumbsup.gif
The_enD
CelicaDICE
Man, its been a while since the last time I posted something regarding my project. I have a few updates, so I'll start with the Conlight...
I absolutely love it and it was so worth the purchase. Ever since I got it, I don't even toggle the lights on manually anymore. Also...

...these are on their way to my place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.