Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sge Beams Swap Wiring Help
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
ST204BEAMS
New member here and after extensive reading on the forums for the past couple months It seems i still have a couple for questions on the 3sge Beams Red Top swap.

So, some background on the status here, have a 96 Celica GT which had a 5sfe, all stock. Back over summer bought a 98 3sge Beams Redtop approx 50k miles. We did all the major maintenance, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, belts, fluids etc. The motor is currently installed in the car. However the car does not start, as in the starter wont even turn. Dash lights up and everything but starter wont turn. My guess is its the clutch start wire.

The issue now is that we tried to follow the wiring directions posted on this website, BUT the issue lies with the 3 vertical plugs that are mentioned. The clutch start wire is supposed to be a black with yellow stripe coming from the one of these plugs right? In the pictures shown, there must be at least 15 or so wires coming from the white plug. But on my engine harness that same plug only has 4 or 5 wires coming from it and has no black with yellow striped wire. Matter of fact, there is NO black with yellow striped wire on this harness. Thats my first issue.

Now since that was the case, there was still a solid black wire coming from the pin 18 location on the white plug as shown in the picture, so we moved that wire to the pin 17 location on the dark grey plug as described in the directions. (obviously that did not fix the issue) Not even sure if that is the issue.

This was the only part that did not match the directions, all the wiring directions were spot on, and we took care of those, its just the clutch start wire and plug that was different.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

I can post pics up if need be

Thanks
MR2fanatic
contact Doug @ www.wiregapinc.com

He makes plug and play wire harnesses for most Toyota swaps.
richee3
It turned out to be as simple as a disconnected crank position sensor. smile.gif
njccmd2002
nice. Not to be an jerk but in reality there is no need to pay 500 usd, for the wiring of a beams swap. As is the simplest thing to do on earth. even if you want to extend the harness, soldering few wires, aint that big of a deal.

I can understand complicated swaps like a v6 or gen 2 and gen 4 3sgte. but beams, and a 3rd gen 3sgte, it has been explained way too much.

then again its always a small thing, when i swapped it, it was a disconnected ground to the intakes, lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.