Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best takeoff from a stop
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
integra_killer
I hope this is in the right topic, i think it has to do with performance...
anyway, when racing, how do you do the best launch???
do you burn the tires fgisrt so they stick better? i heard some of you guys in the auto e-brake and gas it hahaha, and for the manual guys like me, do you jsut drop the clutch? or ease it down? jsut crious on the ebst way to do a takeoff from a dead stop in our cars..
Supersprynt
unless u have slicks, its kinda pointless to burn them up before u race.
And your best launch will be when you maintain traction...popping the clutch will cause u to lose that. Just be fast but proportionate.
blkGT
i rev to about 1500 drop it and slam the gas... i get no joy out of beating my car anymore tho. ive started shifting under 3k around town.
97sccelica
i used to step on the brake and gas it till i hit full boost

let off the brake, the tires would spin for about 10ft(nothing bad, just a little slipage) and then once the tires grabbed i floored it.

the whole time the car would try to veer left.

oh the good times i had frown.gif
RedSunCelica
ive noticed just for my driving style that slipping the clutch is a bit quicker becuase i dont have to play with throttle if i have wheel spin.
NEVERSTOP
if your real serious about gettin your launches down go by whats called a "launch box" it hooks up to your car and basically you preset it to idel at a certian RPM at take off - there awesome on the track.

this allows you to have consistant launches and you can practice at different rpm's and see what you like best.
SpedToe169
And your best launch will be when you maintain traction

Actually, the most grip comes at about 15% longitudinal slip. So you want them to spin, but just a liittle tiny bit. Dumping the clutch and roasting them is definitely not the way to go.
snadman
I can put my car in neutral and rev to 3500 rpm and drop it to low, since I have an automatic and an upgraded torque converter.
Kwanza26
QUOTE (blkGT @ Feb 12, 2004 - 9:11 PM)
i rev to about 1500 drop it and slam the gas... i get no joy out of beating my car anymore tho. ive started shifting under 3k around town.

That'll bog me...

I launch from 3k... and go. I usually get pretty decent 60ft times, around 2.3 or 2.4 or so...
qatar11
take air out of your tires, my best 0-60s where with like 20 psi in the front tires....

by the way they were sub 6 seconds :-)
OOBE
Well, my auto Celi from a dead stop reached 60 in 5-6 seconds...climbs to 90 in a heartbeat at just 60 percent throttle. smile.gif I got it to 1o psi on stock squirters. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.