Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kevin Project
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Hey all!

I have a st204 GT that i have had since i was 16. Still has the stock 5sfe in her but i am thinking ahead for the future. Has anyone ever heard of swapping in a 3sgte engine and tranny from a toyota caldina???? I was thinking this would be a smoother choice than straining a stock tranny with a 3sgte motor slapped on it. Any thoughts or input??

Many people do fine with the S54, but the thing to do would be to find an E153 from a Camry/Solara to use.
The Caldina 3S-GTE (more commonly referred to as the 4th gen 3S-GTE) has been done a few times in a Celica but is getting very popular in MR2's. You should check out Prime Performance in New Jersey ( ) as they specialize in the 4th gen swap and will do it in a Celica for $4,000. That's all inclusive, and they do excellent work!
I have an st204 with a 3rd gen 3sgte swap and an e153 transmission. Mine was out of an MR2 so it's a little different. The Prime Performance Guys have been a great source for parts. I totally recommend them! Their website has lots of 4th gen info and parts.
you can swap anything you want. but should you? all yo have to do is research.
great, thanks for the input!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.