Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Negative Camber
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
VavAlephVav
So I got an alignment a while back when I did all new struts and everything came out perfect, except for the camber on the front.
Both sides are at -1.5 degrees, the guy told me I could put some shims on it and then bring it in to get it realigned free for the next 6 months.
but I think I'd rather just leave it the way it is. Negative camber is what you want for better cornering right?
How badly do you think it will effect the life of the tires though?

It's pretty funny when some soccer mom is riding my ass into a highway ramp, and then I just leave her way behind.
Ride my ass now Beatch!

thanks
PegGTS
That's not too bad. As long as your toe is good then that shouldn't be a problem. My front and rear are both at around -1.3. Why does your left rear have so much more than your right rear?
Tigawoods
1.5 is the perfect amount of a DD spirited driving car
VavAlephVav
Hmmm, I've also got a problem in the brake on that right rear. When I replaced the calipers and rotors the pad was worn unevenly, I think the rear knuckle is tweaked ill have to watch the picknpull for one.
Box
Yep, 1.5º is perfect. What mine was set to as well.
cardshark525
You're perfectly fine there, could go up to 2 degrees without much of a difference in tire wear. Toe is what will kill off the life of your tires more than anything else.

If you have a ton of camber your contact patch just shrinks going in a straight line, so you'll see additional wear on the inside, however the tires are still motion wise going straight forward.

If your toe is off... your cars momentum is going forward, but your tires are trying to go to the center of the engine bay essentially. These conflicting forces is what will have you changing tires in a couple thousand miles if it's bad enough.
Box
Really makes you appreciate solid rear axles, adjustments what adjustments? tongue.gif
VavAlephVav
ya, now I just have to convince my teammates on the Baja team about the maneuverability benefits of negative camber.
I'm the new guy so I'm trying to just help out and not step on any bodies toes, yet...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.