Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear wheel adjustment rods (Found!)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
Justin73
G'day all, after a wheel alignment issue with the rear wheels the mechanic said that the rear bushes that connect the rear track control arms are worn and need to be replaced however after talking to Toyota, I have to buy the complete arms as the brushes are not replaceable. The part number for both left and right arms is: 48730-20210 which is the rear track control arms for the ST204. So my question is, can the brushes/bushes be removed and replaced without having to buy new track arms or is there a business in Australia that can deal with recondition arms or replacement bushes.

Cheers

J

Update: found a supplier smile.gif
RocketScott
Just got done doing mine. I have the 'Sport' package, same arms but different bushings. The instructions say to burn the rubber out but I was able to press everything apart.
Justin73
Thanks Scott much appreciated, I am going to replace the rubber components with neoprene, good to see the rubber units can be pressed out smile.gif
RocketScott
No problem. Here's what I used:

Justin73
Now that's how you improvise! nice one mate biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.