Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you replace your celi by a different car easily?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Oreo20
How attach are you to your car ? Can you replace it easily with a different car? I just bought an m37 yes it luxurious bla bla but celi is still bae and I won't let it go ever .
The_enD
QUOTE (Oreo20 @ Jun 26, 2015 - 5:52 AM) *
How attach are you to your car ? Can you replace it easily with a different car? I just bought an m37 yes it luxurious bla bla but celi is still bae and I won't let it go ever .

Replaced mine with a ST205 easily, fall in love instantly. I would replace that with a R35 anyday tho.
SwissFerdi
Very. No.
Box
I've yet to come across a car I've wanted to keep forever. The Firebird perhaps since it was a love from afar kind of ordeal, but even it is fighting me every step of the way it seems.
hotgt4
No wouldnt no what kind of car to get, thats unique in its own way, Ah i used to have a non turbo'ed celica st202, then found me a celica gt4 st205, And love it to bits wouldnt swap that car for any other car atm toyota is reliability, would never touch a subaru or Mitsubishi they have to many problems,
1994Celica
Nope. It's my first car and we were born in the same year. I love it too much to sell.
JDUB
9 years owning a 6th gen celica, only other car would be a clean supra turbo, super clean mr2 turbo, Porsche 911 964, or maybe a e30 m3/ skyline r32
HaysoosKreesto
I came close because I honestly thought my car would kill me, but it still hasn't so we are cool for now

Actually I was thinking about splashing some cash for a 13' civic, but I'll just wait for 3 years when the current gen of civics will look dated and old and cheap. I like my cars like how I like my women
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (JDUB @ Jun 27, 2015 - 12:23 AM) *
clean supra turbo, super clean mr2 turbo, Porsche 911 964, or maybe a e30 m3/ skyline r32

Are you me? Only missing some Maranello machines.
richee3
I have a mkIV and I still won't give up my Celica. Take that how you will. Given the choice, I'll drive the Celica almost every time.
rentaspace
Replaced mine, one of the hardest things i've done kindasad.gif
CelicaDICE
Me? Replace My Celica easily? laugh.gif
ClevelandGaint
I've replaced my celica with different celicas until I found the perfect ones
JFXtreme007
I'd only swap mine for an ST205, but nothing else!
MarbleFlame
My Celica was and still is my first car, and I wouldn't trade it for the world smile.gif
Box
I'm sure all of you would straight trade for a MKIV Supra or some other expensive car if that bizarre impossible scenario were to arise, come on guys let's be reasonable. tongue.gif

I'll be honest I do miss mine at times. It was probably the best overall car I've owned with exception to my MKIII's I should've never sold. Which I miss the '67 Caddy and driving the Miata too somewhat, and I know I'll miss the Firebird if I end up selling it. The only car I don't miss one bit was the 3000GT I had, that car single handedly ruined Mitsubishi for me.

QUOTE (HaysoosKreesto @ Jun 26, 2015 - 11:41 PM) *
I came close because I honestly thought my car would kill me, but it still hasn't so we are cool for now

Actually I was thinking about splashing some cash for a 13' civic, but I'll just wait for 3 years when the current gen of civics will look dated and old and cheap. I like my cars like how I like my women

Old, cheap, and homicidal? laugh.gif
1994Celica
QUOTE (Box @ Jul 6, 2015 - 1:45 AM) *
I'm sure all of you would straight trade for a MKIV Supra or some other expensive car if that bizarre impossible scenario were to arise, come on guys let's be reasonable. tongue.gif

I'll be honest I do miss mine at times. It was probably the best overall car I've owned with exception to my MKIII's I should've never sold. Which I miss the '67 Caddy and driving the Miata too somewhat, and I know I'll miss the Firebird if I end up selling it. The only car I don't miss one bit was the 3000GT I had, that car single handedly ruined Mitsubishi for me.

QUOTE (HaysoosKreesto @ Jun 26, 2015 - 11:41 PM) *

Old, cheap, and homicidal? laugh.gif

Honestly I don't think I would take that trade. I'm irrational when it comes to cars. I love my celica to death and it being my first cars makes it more special.
cheela
if it was a straight trade I don't think I would take it cuz the Supra would look like this: (i've always wanted a convertible supra....)

Box
I know what you mean, that's part of why I want another MKIII. That and it was just a really good car once you sorted the 7M.
sircalebwhite
I'll never sell or trade my celi. In all honesty the only way i'll ever get rid of it is when/if I total it. That is unless someone offered me an amount I could not refuse. Then I would just buy a celi in way better shape or just ship a gt4 over here!
TRDweaponX
5th gen All Trac, Supra or R33, that's about it.
Warapparel
I would sell my celi if I had a chance to get a series 1 Datsun 240z with a clean title. Don't care if it's a project as log as all the parts are series 1 specific. And I might actually get an 85 Corolla gt-s (ae86 coupe) from my uncle who is the original owner. So we'll see what's good with my celi. I would love to keep her thigh just not enough parking space
Box
That or just get a 280Z and replace the bumpers, then you get the better engine, a 5-speed, and A/C. tongue.gif
1994Celica
Never really been a fan of the 280. Personally I like the z31 and z32 better.
Box
Until you have to work on the engine in them. tongue.gif I've considered a Z32 a few times but then I remember what the engine bay looks like.
1994Celica
QUOTE (Box @ Jul 30, 2015 - 11:14 PM) *
Until you have to work on the engine in them. tongue.gif I've considered a Z32 a few times but then I remember what the engine bay looks like.

And the engine bay in a LT1 Fbody is such cakewalk tongue.gif
Warapparel
QUOTE (Box @ Jul 30, 2015 - 6:46 PM) *
That or just get a 280Z and replace the bumpers, then you get the better engine, a 5-speed, and A/C. tongue.gif

i have considered this route box...but i would love to have it be pre-smog so i can do whatever i want to it. and plus the series 1 is just pure car pr0n
Box
QUOTE (1994Celica @ Jul 30, 2015 - 10:59 PM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Jul 30, 2015 - 11:14 PM) *

And the engine bay in a LT1 Fbody is such cakewalk tongue.gif

It's not as bad as the Z32 though, especially once you put on headers and remove all of the smog pump and EGR stuff. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Warapparel @ Jul 31, 2015 - 12:27 AM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Jul 30, 2015 - 6:46 PM) *

i have considered this route box...but i would love to have it be pre-smog so i can do whatever i want to it. and plus the series 1 is just pure car pr0n

That's right, California. Where I live inspections much less emissions testing doesn't exist, so I'd just take a 280Z and make it look like the 240Z but have the advantages of A/C, fuel injection, and an overdrive transmission.
Oreo20
Still yet to replace it haha I did buy a 2013 Silverado thoughh
a2daj1
I think the only thing I could give up my beams for would be a gt4. Only a couple more years and we'll be able to have them here in the states smile.gif
Keiri
Sure, Subaru BRZ is nearly all my Celica is and the points were it falls short (non hatchback, non Toyota) it makes up for in RWD, newer safety, and BEAMS-esque high-revving engine.
Highlander
QUOTE (Oreo20 @ Jun 25, 2015 - 10:52 PM) *

My first dream car was an Integra..but hated the interior...then I ran across my Celica sitting on the side of the road and it was all over....
have thought about selling "Lil Bit" but so far I cant even make it to putting a for sale sign in her...
Mine is a 94 Celica GT Sport and the love of my life...hehe

Rowatari
I'd replace mine with a JZA80, RA23 or RA28, RS Z/28, literally any Hijet ever made, and many different flashy less slow cars. However none of that is really possible for me, and I'm not trading it for anything that someone WOULD trade me for it, because mine is beat to death and it needs tons of work, and by the time I'm finished with that work I think I'll be telling a different story.
cheela
I don't replace, I add, which is why I have my AT200, an RA24 and RA29. not one or the other. haha!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.