Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Delay in posting
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Website Discussion
Celica_MKVI
Hello,

Wondering why my posts are delayed by a day(sometimes two days). This makes it extremely difficult to have a discussion on my end. If my posts are delayed by a day, than just trying to have a casual conversation or getting answers on my issues would take several days(rather than hours).
Thanks.
richee3
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=93164

thumbsup.gif
Celica_MKVI
QUOTE (richee3 @ Aug 21, 2015 - 11:41 AM) *

I figured that is what happened here. But how long is the newb "trial period"? kindasad.gif
This is tough trying to be a new member here when I can't fully participate in active discussions or respond in a timely manner.
richee3
I know it's a pain to have a timely conversation as a trial member. frown.gif It's only about 25-30 approved posts. After that, you'll gain full posting privileges. I wish I could put an exact number on it but it has varied with every member so far. I check 6gc a few times a day and approve posts as soon as I see them but I might miss them for a while. I only get notifications of invisible threads that need to be approved, not of individual posts, so if there haven't been any posts in a particular section of the forum then I may miss the post for several hours. I check each individual subforum in the morning and in the evening for invisible posts but I often miss them in the middle of the day for several hours. If there is a post in an old thread then I may not see it for quite a while. If that's the case and a post is taking too long to be approved, don't hesitate to message myself or Rusty and we'll approve it for you.
Rusty
Yup what he said thumbsup.gif
Celica_MKVI
Thanks for the explanation guys. Appreciate it.
I guess I'll just try and post more in the active threads and try and rack up post counts. biggrin.gif
Celica_MKVI
Do PMs work for newbs also? Or do they have to be approved as well? I PM'd a seller about buying a car part and they never responded. My money not green enough? kindasad.gif
richee3
PM's work with no issues. There are a ton of members here that post things for sale then become immediately inactive. Odds are they just haven't logged into the forum or seen your PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.