Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new member
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
makwaka
Hi everybody.
I recently picked up a 1999 Celica convertible. It has 176k miles with a good strong motor. It has some issues here and there and i will need your experience to take care of them.
first on the list are the front shocks. The left side is completely dead and kinda compromises drivability. What do you guys use as replacements? I don't mind a stiffer ride and hopefully I will lower it in the future so I will need advice on shocks that can handle lowering springs
My rear quarter windows need attention. The weather strip on the left one is falling off due to rot and the right one needs adjustment as it overlaps the right passenger window.
Right rear quarter panel is rotted at the bottom. Am not too worried about it but I'd like to know where I can shop for one when I decide to do the body work some time next year.
I also need rotors. I see some drilled ones on ebay and I was wondering if anyone has a review on them.
Thanks
1994Celica
Kyb GR2's are a good brand at a decent price. I know a lot of people on here run them with lowering springs. I'll be in that group soon too.
jordisonjr
x2 on GR-2's. You can also lower up to 2" on them and still have warranty.
Or find a lowering spring and pair the appropriate shock like koni's etc. to them.
LtSolid
i have KyB's on eibach sportline springs. i really wanted the koni yellows, but the kyb's are good quality and more affordable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.