Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone use ground control coilovers
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
Jmk91
Anyone use ground control coilover on the 6th gen? I want a solid coilover system that's not generic. I'm thinking ground control on koni yellows. I had this set up on my del sol it handled fairly well but it was also double wish bone suspension. I didn't know if anyone tries this set up on 6th gen.

Koni and ground control are lifetime warranty while most coilovers are 30k. Also ground control allow up to 2.5 inch drop. Just seeing if anyone has tried this
Tigawoods
Im pretty sure those ground control "coilovers" are pretty generic

I didnt look them up but it sounds like they arent a full coilover system if they require shocks.

Im not sure what your budget is but there are plenty non-generic brands that offer full coilovers i.e. Tein Ksport Megan BC
Jmk91
Ground control isn't exactly cheap. They are a step up on most Chinese full coilover system. They use eibach springs and are lifetime warranty. Koni are also lifetime warranty. Ground control sleeves run you roughly 430$ for 6gc the koni are gonna run you 500-600ish so the entire set up is more than most Chinese coilovers but the quality is better. I never had a McPherson strut car used with them just double wish bone. Also I wanted to know what spring rates and how low of a drop did they go ect. With ground control you can choose your spring rates. Just wanted to see what everyone or anyone was running and how'd it handle and how low of a drop they went.
ILoveMySilly97
My Buddie who use to track his integra with ground control and koni yellows. He loved them. Also I've personally driven my brothers integra with ground control and tokiko blue. Which isn't that bad I'd prefer my Megan racing over it any day tbh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.