Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I got offered the Yelli Celi
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
NathanAE86
New to the forums. I just wanted to check in here, I got offered the Yelli Celi the other day, I've been into Toyotas for a long time, so I've seen Coomers build thread and what he did to that car.
Just sad to see the car has gone down hill so far after all that work he put into it. The paints faded, it has one out of four trumpets left for the individual throttle bodys left, the paints almost gone on the front, the wheels are terrible.

Can Coomer take his car back? I'd like to see somebody love this thing.
mkernz22
You can love that thing. Take it and make it great again.
ILoveMySilly97
That car made its history in our gen celicas. Sad to see it go downhill like that. I hope mine will reach this fate. I rather have it rot in my backyard than let other part mine out.
njccmd2002
post pictures. I doubt there will be any interest in that car. but it would be nice to see it. Any idea how much they want for it?
NathanAE86
Not sure how much he wanted, he was trying to trade me for my S4 RX7 GTU I had up for 3200.
G30
QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Feb 9, 2016 - 3:25 AM) *
That car made its history in our gen celicas. Sad to see it go downhill like that. I hope mine will reach this fate. I rather have it rot in my backyard than let other part mine out.

I'm taking mine to the grave
95CelicaST
Yeah I bought it from Coomer and fixed some of the problems that would prevent it from being a daily driver, and then I sold it. I went to buy it maybe two years later and the car was toast. The kid that had it at that point had thrashed it. None of the body panels fit right, it had been broken in to, different wheels, and the engine sounded on its last leg. I told him I wouldn't even offer $1000 because it wasn't even worth it. He came from $3000 to $1000 immediately. I still walked.
cheela
not sure if I want to see it restored or put out of it's misery...
would need to get a 6gc loving owner that will give it proper attention.

also, is it still running and driving? or just sitting there.
95CelicaST
If OP wants to get me the dude's info, I would be more than happy to reach out and get the details.
95CelicaST
Also, assuming this is his FC, for those with unreasonable curiosity.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/5438131290.html
4-eyed-freek
Always a heavy thought in my mind when I consider selling something of personal value. Shame to hear this car has gone so far down..
igpx12
Always sad to see the Yelli Celi circling around on craigslist, but by now all people see it as is outside of the forums is a junker. Definitely take someone who would want to sink the time and money into bringing it back to life not someone who's looking to get 3k out of it then drop to 1. I think the last time I saw this on CL it had 3 of the 4 intake trumpets and missing some of the splitters, maybe a sideskirt.
a2daj1
i just want the damn rear spats
1994Celica
How much is the guy asking? If it's not too much I might be interested.
njccmd2002
Yelli celli will be a perfect track car
95CelicaST
QUOTE (a2daj1 @ Feb 15, 2016 - 2:46 PM) *
i just want the damn rear spats

They're gone, if I recall.
RocketScott
It's been years since I saw it on CL last. I emailed and was interested but after more details came out I could see it was junk at that point. He still wanted north of $4K for it too.
block
Someone posted pictures of the car on the last thread. It looked like it was in a sad state. I mean, just save it by crushing it. Body dinged up, missing exterior parts, engine ****ting, just very bad. By the time you restore it, you could buy something nice kindasad.gif
Bitter
Ugh, thread title should be 'I got offended by the Yelli Celi' That poor car.
Tigawoods
If it were a iconic build in the honda world or mustang community it would have been picked up in a second and restored.

Unfortunately this is the Celica world. And most of the community is cheap. I myself never really had much fondness for Coomers car, but at that time I was interested in Rota wheels and flamethrower kits out of SuperStreet Mag

I really think at this point only Coomer could revive this car. Id be surprised to find someone else with as much (assuming) emotional attachment
Box
Meh... the only time I'd care about a given build or past owner would be ties to an A-list celebrity or movie, and even then I'd have to be absolutely starstruck or madly in love with the movie. Otherwise why redo what someone else did originally, screw that make it how you want it. I imagine it's a matter of time before it ends up at a junkyard or forgotten in someone's backyard.
njccmd2002
spoken like e true mazda enthusiast
RocketScott
I saw it shortly after Coomer sold it so I know what it 'should' look like. It's cool for sure, he made a work of art and it's sad to see what happened to it. I would have bought it when I had the chance but not for what the douche wanted for it. To get it back to what it should be would take so much time and money that any of us considering doing it would be better off buying another celli and doing everything all over again. The fact that it was Coomers is cool but not enough to drop 4k on a parts car.
95CelicaST
QUOTE (RocketScott @ Feb 23, 2016 - 6:40 PM) *
I saw it shortly after Coomer sold it so I know what it 'should' look like. It's cool for sure, he made a work of art and it's sad to see what happened to it. I would have bought it when I had the chance but not for what the douche wanted for it. To get it back to what it should be would take so much time and money that any of us considering doing it would be better off buying another celli and doing everything all over again. The fact that it was Coomers is cool but not enough to drop 4k on a parts car.

I must've been that "douche", as I was the one who bought it from Coomer.
97lestyousay
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Feb 24, 2016 - 9:12 PM) *

I think he was talking about the other douche. jk It was still in nice shape when you owned it. The guy later I am not sure if is the second or third owner after you trashed it. I would be interested, but I already have a car that needs a 4A soon, and it is more fun to drive.
Being a duce owner I am sure you know what I am talking about. wink.gif
RocketScott
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Feb 24, 2016 - 9:12 PM) *

Not you, I was referring to the douche that posted it on CL years after we met. When I saw it (and met you) in the U village parking garage for a small meet the car still looked great.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

tin_foil
It's interesting I'm posting here. I used to be an active member here on these forums, but have hardly been around in the last 7 years or so (I still own my Celi though). I decided to come back to see how things are going here, and saw this thread. I'm in the NorthWest, and remember going to a 6GC meet with Coomer and a few others probably about 9 years ago now. Here's some pictures I took there of the Yelli Celi in it's glory:

block
So much win....back then thumbsup.gif
95CelicaST
Yep. I miss seeing it in the driveway.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.