Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! Clutch problem.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
MtownRice
Im new here so i dont know if this is aleeady a topic. But my slave cylinder went out a few days ago, and i replaced it. We bled it and it didnt fix the problem. But we went back and pried the boot or whatever and got more pressure and it works okay now. In the process we heard a pop noise and the clutch worked fine for a day or two and out of nowhere im leaving my works parking lot in 2nd (no stopping) and the clutch stuck and took off without me pressing the gas. I noticed the pedal slowly rise back up and it shifted fine after that. Then in walmart parking lot it happened again in 2nd and i threw it and neutral and managed to pump the pedal back up. So i feel like there is a pressure problem. Praying that i dont have to take out the tranny. The cap for the reservoir had fluid come out at one point so im hoping its just that allowing air into it. But so far all i know to do is pump the clutch in neutral before i shift now...

So yeah i have a new slave cylinder. About to get a new reservoir cap. My dad thinks its the throwout bearing. I need some things to look at before i spend a day and potentially a chunk of money on a new clutch please help.

96 celica st204 i think.
Smaay
throw out bearing wouldn't cause that.

you might need to rebuild the master cylinder.
rave2n
Definitely sounds like the master is shot. Easy fix!
igpx12
QUOTE (rave2n @ Feb 23, 2016 - 11:43 AM) *

Second that, simple fix thumbsup.gif
MtownRice
QUOTE (rave2n @ Feb 23, 2016 - 10:43 AM) *

I just put a new one in... Do they tend to not work right new?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.