Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saw this on Craigslist
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
RocketScott
This looks like Natalie's car. Not sure if this is her selling it or someone else:

GT4 and JDM parts car

Seems like a lot of good parts, or might be an easy fix to get it back on the road.
njccmd2002
jesus thats a good price for a shell. may need some paint, that shell and and 2grfe engine, would be awesome.
block
Anyone in the WA area want to look at this for me? I'm considering having it shipped to MN so I can put it back on the road!
Box
Kind of depressing it was left to sit like that. I noticed the listing states it's a salvage title, so depending on your state laws for getting a rebuilt title would determine if it's worth it or not outside of being a parts car.
95CelicaST
It's not too far from me - maybe 45 minutes. The other half poo-poo'ed this one, so no Celica for me.
RocketScott
I have a lot going on in the next couple of weeks but I might reach out to the seller to show an interest.
njccmd2002
Even if salvage title. All those parts and projectorss
Box
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 27, 2016 - 3:22 AM) *
Even if salvage title. All those parts and projectorss

I know, why I said that'd be the difference in saving it or using it solely for parts. tongue.gif
mak5603
This is mine.

Edit: In case anyone is curious, here was my build thread.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...p;#entry1066271
95CelicaST
QUOTE (mak5603 @ Mar 27, 2016 - 9:01 AM) *
This is mine.

Edit: In case anyone is curious, here was my build thread.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...p;#entry1066271

If you feel like being generous... you are more than welcome to drop it off in my driveway...

Whats the story here? Does it run anymore?
block
I'd like more info on car.
njccmd2002
If it were closer id get it. But shipping it to my house would kill it
jordisonjr
You should part it out instead, im sure there would be a ton of interest in parts here. If you have the time that is..
mak5603
Hey guys. Sorry I didn't respond right away, been extremely busy lately (as usual). So basically the situation was just the car was continuously snapping axles. Like I would put an axle in, let out the clutch, and it would snap. I managed to get one to last about 1/2 a mile.. Needless to say, I'm fairly certain something in my passenger side wheel/suspension area was messed up. More than likely from how low the car was. Either way, I just really wasn't interested in fixing it (which would have been relatively simple). I had recently purchased a 2006 BMW 330i and put a Dinan stage 1 kit on that and just totally lost interest in the poor Celica. Fast forward another year and I was married with twin boys and an extremely demanding job. So that's why the Celica unfortunately just sat.

I had it for sale for so low because I Was hoping to just get rid of it easy although all along my plan was to part it out. Unfortunately the field it was sitting in is about to have a house built on it. I originally thought this was going to happen a little sooner than it did, which is why I needed to get rid of it ASAP. Such wasn't the case and I actually went up last week and was able to remove some of the parts that I wanted to sell.

Tomorrow the car is being sold to the scrapyard for $90. If anyone wants anything (that is easy to pull off, lol), let me know and I'll try to grab it before the car gets picked up. I apologize to anyone that did want to buy the car. I would have loved to have sold it whole, but unfortunately I got around to it super late and since the car is 45 minutes away from my house, I had little time to spend on it.

SwissFerdi
Sad.
smkr3w
frown.gif

So the gt4 stuff is gone or set aside?
njccmd2002
Sad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.