Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Airco installation
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
abflug
I'm planning to buy a donor car to take out the airco system and install it in my car.
Does anybody now if it's an easy job or is it difficult to reach all the parts for uninstallation/installation?
Bitter
ALL the parts? It's going to suck, need to pull the dash and then getting the lines routed around the engine with the engine in place is a pain.
abflug
QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 30, 2016 - 8:25 PM) *
ALL the parts? It's going to suck, need to pull the dash and then getting the lines routed around the engine with the engine in place is a pain.

Ok thanks for the info
Bitter
Yea, there's probably not a good guide on the forum for this as I think air conditioning was standard in the US and most members are US members. The dash gets pulled for the evaporator core, that's probably one of the most time consuming parts of the job.
trdproven
physical installation is not hard, the only thing you need to pull from the dash is only the glove box. I wrote at least the evaporator core sticky so that should help you with a big part of it. the rest inside the engine bay are just hoses, drier, compressor, condensor, etc.

You should buy a new evaporator if it looks busted, but if not, you should change the expansion valve and drier. then vacuum it, refill correctly and test for leaks. 3 months is a good period to know for sure if you have a leak, usually even slow leaks dont normally get past 3 months unnoticed. Good o-rings is another thing to look at and rechecking the oil on the compressor.
njccmd2002
the ac instalation may not be the hard part. the hard part is going to be the wiring. If your car is already prewired, great, otherwise, it will be a nightmare to rewire the whole car.
abflug
Probably I will go with an aftermarket installation to avoid old parts that are not in good condition anymore.
trdproven
I didn't see anything that he needed the all the wiring also kindasad.gif

Is that the case too OP?
Bitter
I would assume the wiring is present but just not connected? Connectors taped to the harnesses?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.