Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: getting a car trough the border...
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
njccmd2002

so this is very broad question. I have an idea of a car, that its located in canada. Lets say its a buick regal. I want to import that buick regal with pink stripes.

Now i dont want to register that buick regal...

I know i can cross into canada with no problems. but what would i need to cross back with that regal, what sort of paperwork? notarized bill of sale? canadian title?

anyone can give me a general idea...

Please i really want that regal for chump races..
Malek
"buick regal" wink.gif
Bitter
I believe if you remove the engine and trans you can take it across as junk for parts? But you may need to make two trips, one with the shell as 'scrap' with a junk title and a second trip with the engine and trans. I'm not confident that's how that works but I think that's how they get Buick Regals into the US from Canada.
njccmd2002
i guess id have to go to princess auto and get a hoist? lol...

very tempting... the border 19 hour drive from here...

can i leave the transmission in the car? does it have to be removed?
richee3
Why travel to Canada for a Buick Regal? They are readily available here.

http://bfy.tw/5BQG

If you are still determined to pay more for the same car, you can import one under the Substantially Similar clause.

C'mon Norberto, do I have to do everything for you? laugh.gif

I think though, seriously, you can legally import one for race purposes only.
njccmd2002
lol!!!! there is one in manitoba with the pink stripes...

in all reality, for real though..

there is a car in canada that i can get for 2500 usd vs paying 10,000 here...

sure beats the price tag.... I want it for tracking. but if its too complicated, then its the vert to the track, and that means, striping the poor bastard! and i really hate to do that.. im freaking confused..

the corolla i bought is nice, but its slow as molasses.
PegGTS
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Apr 9, 2016 - 12:10 PM) *
lol!!!! there is one in manitoba with the pink stripes...

in all reality, for real though..

there is a car in canada that i can get for 2500 usd vs paying 10,000 here...

sure beats the price tag.... I want it for tracking. but if its too complicated, then its the vert to the track, and that means, striping the poor bastard! and i really hate to do that.. im freaking confused..

the corolla i bought is nice, but its slow as molasses.

Where in Manitoba? If you're talking about the dark red '91 "Buick Regal" I've seen it in person and it's pretty clean. Guy came into work and I kept asking whose "Regal" it was but I don't think he even knew what he was driving lmao. It's been for sale for a while though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.