Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 94 2.2L GT
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
GTIbarra
I recently bought a 94 Celica GT 2.2L, I am interested on turbocharging it, but I cant find a turbo kit for it. I am a complete noob when it comes to turbo, Please Help. mad.gif
Jmk91
5sfe isn't a wise choice to turbo I think it can only handle low low boost (I was wrong oops ive neen corrected below) Basically it's a swapping game for real power. Since you have a gt there is 3 simple choices. Choose a 3rd or 4th Gen 3SGTE (makes 200-270ish rwd with ease) the 3sge beams (makes I think 150 to the wheels could be wrong) it's also the cheapest swap and finally the v6 1mz swap. Their is members who have done each swap. You could also throw a 3SGTE head on your 5sfe block as well.
4-eyed-freek
270 rear wheel drive? I think you mean 270 to the wheels thumbsup.gif
Jmk91
Hahaha good catch. My bad I did indeed meant whp.
GTIbarra
QUOTE (Jmk91 @ Jun 5, 2016 - 7:33 PM) *
5sfe isn't a wise choice to turbo I think it can only handle low low boost. Basically it's a swapping game for real power. Since you have a gt there is 3 simple choices. Choose a 3rd or 4th Gen 3SGTE (makes 200-270ish rwd with ease) the 3sge beams (makes I think 150 to the wheels could be wrong) it's also the cheapest swap and finally the v6 1mz swap. Their is members who have done each swap. You could also throw a 3SGTE head on your 5sfe block as well.

I would have to get the 3rd gen 3sgte head for the 5sfe right?
njccmd2002
So much misinformation. 5sfe can be turbocharged. Its been done several times, smaay, presure2 and others as well.
Jmk91
Guess I was wrong. I was reading up on it.. I remember reading something like Burien Toyota kit was good up to 170whp meaning low boost. Bunch of people say,the 5sfe can't handle boost while a bunch say it can. I,was wrong I found presure2 thread and he was 220whp.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5574

Sorry bro I was wrong here is an entire thread that you'll need
GTIbarra
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jun 5, 2016 - 10:51 PM) *
So much misinformation. 5sfe can be turbocharged. Its been done several times, smaay, presure2 and others as well.

Are there any kits I can buy, so I won't have to get every part individually

Will this fit on my car?? http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI...t=1465192519102
ClevelandGaint
usually its pieced together, everyone who has turbo-ed their 5s all did if differently with the same principles. Tons of information in the forums, just use the search function and it pops up. Usually people spend days, weeks, months searching a topic, so if your serious you'll put the time in it. Also dont want like typical Toyota guy, but its not a honda, you cant slap a turbo on and it works like magic, alot more goes into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.