Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help with my High Beams
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
X_RunnerGT
How are you guys doing? I'm new to this site. I just bought my 96 Celica recently and I'm having trouble with the headlights... The low beams work just fine but when I go to turn on my high beams this happens.... any ideas on what I have going on here? There also seems to be a poorly wired alarm system in the car that looks partially removed? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Box
Looks like someone that didn't know what they were doing messed with the wiring... Which if the passenger side works on low beam could be someone got the passenger lo and hi wiring mixed up. If giving a quick lookover and poke with a multimeter on the harness doesn't yield anything obvious you could always make a new headlight harness which would prove beneficial anyway. Use the driver side low to trigger one relay and the driver high for another relay since they're working ok, then have power coming from the battery through the relays to both sides. Here's a good article on it: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html
X_RunnerGT
Lol thank you! It turned out to be something extraordinarily simple.... the fuse was missing for the right hand headlights! But there are some issues both the temp gauge and tachometer barely move when the car is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.