Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Folding Mirrors - Not working
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
kieronboz
Hey guys, I just bought a 6G Celica, it has power folding mirrors, i push the button, motors make a load of noise, but there is no movement in the mirrors.

What are the likely suspects?

I am not with the car for a few more hours so dont have it in front of me, just wanted to arm myself before i take it apart!

Thanks
cellocinema
i've gone through a similar problem with yours. a possible culprit is a broken worm gear inside the motor box.
read through this link and see if that helps. in my case, the worm gear was broken, out of place and i had to use superglue to fix it. you might need a magnifier to see crack lines on the worm gear if it is broken.

QUOTE (kieronboz @ Nov 7, 2016 - 9:41 AM) *
Hey guys, I just bought a 6G Celica, it has power folding mirrors, i push the button, motors make a load of noise, but there is no movement in the mirrors.

What are the likely suspects?

I am not with the car for a few more hours so dont have it in front of me, just wanted to arm myself before i take it apart!

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.