Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust Suggestions
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
peachisanut
I've been spending a few weeks looking around at different exhaust options. I'm new to this whole modding community and aftermarket parts. Obviously as far as I can tell no one wants to fall into the category of being ricey and seeing as an exhaust can have a very thin line between good and terrible I thought I'd come on here and ask. I have a 1994 GT. Any suggestions are helpful but I don't want to sound like an idiot rolling down the road with a trash can duct taped to my rear.

Thanks
Bitter
https://www.amazon.com/Behrens-1270-31-Gall...n/dp/B000AS2AKK

Ok, but srsly, Magnaflow weld on in place of the OE muffler will sound nice, if sound is all you're after. The 5S-FE just isn't a big performer so if it's staying mostly stock there's no sense running fat pipe that it doesn't need.
Box
If you want it to sound as good as possible your best bet will be a baffled muffler of some sort, so something like the Magnaflow XL series or something from Flowmaster. Hooker/Flowtech and Dynomax/Thrush also have baffled mufflers. A company I've really come to like lately is Jones Exhaust, they have all kinds of choices and offer good quality at a fair price.
HardHead93
When my GT had its 5sfe I had a 2.5 inch cat back with a Maganaflow muffler. It had a great deep sound. I would suggest keeping a resonator on the exhaust if you plan to go with headers down the road. I made the mistake of taking the resonator off and only having a muffler and the exhaust drone was unbearable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.