Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replace Muffler or Nah?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
GuYun14
Hey everyone,

So when I had my custom exhaust made I decided that maybe I'll try using a different muffler from the typical canister type. This was the muffler that I choose:

I like the sound that it makes with the resonator. Now I have the Megan Racing N1 that I bought off ebay just lying around and was wondering if I should replace my muffler that I have now with it.

Just needed some opinions. Overall, if anything it'll most likely be for the look and if I don't replace my muffler then I might sell it.

Here's how it looks with my muffler now:
DST94
QUOTE (GuYun14 @ Jun 6, 2017 - 10:49 AM) *
Hey everyone,

So when I had my custom exhaust made I decided that maybe I'll try using a different muffler from the typical canister type. This was the muffler that I choose:

I like the sound that it makes with the resonator. Now I have the Megan Racing N1 that I bought off ebay just lying around and was wondering if I should replace my muffler that I have now with it.

Just needed some opinions. Overall, if anything it'll most likely be for the look and if I don't replace my muffler then I might sell it.

Here's how it looks with my muffler now:

Do what pleases you. I personally weigh my exhaust options in the order of:

Performance
Sound
Looks

I have a 3" straight all the way back to a basic muffler, once I complete my AWD Conversion I have the HKS hi power exhaust waiting.
jordisonjr
I'd replace it.
The Megan muffler looks much better than what's currently on there. If you've just got a stock motor, a muffler really isn't adding any performance, so its down to sound and looks. And the megan looks much better than what's on there, IMO
GuYun14
Thanks for the input. I think I am going to change it mainly for the looks.
tr1stan
Although the shape of the tips won't affect the sound, the Megan Racing will look a lot better for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.