Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I miss my Celica.
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
95GTCelica
Sitting here bored at work and I randomly remember this website and figured I'd come back to check it out. Can't believe it's been 10 years. Man, it made me realize that my old 95 GT was my favorite car I've ever owned. Nothing beat cruising down the coast with the windows and sunroof open. That car taught me so much about working on cars and maintenance as a teenager. I spent hours on this website everyday reading posts and drooling over everyone else's rides. I learned more from the technical forums here than anywhere else. Anytime I had an issue I'd post up the problem and someone always a a quality answer that was exactly what I needed. Right up until that cars last days I'd still get compliments on it and it probably garnered more compliments than any car I've owned.

Since then I've owned an 05 Mustang and a 2012 Ford Focus and for some strange reason an 89 Mazda 323. None of those came close to the enjoyment of my Celica.

Thanks awesome people of 6GC.net.
Box
I miss mine too. I hope to get a GT-Four once they're legal to import, like many of us I'm sure.
cheela
every owner that has sold their celica feels this way. nice to see you checking back in.
you could always get another one. they're pretty cheap now.
block
Me too....me too.

On the bright side, only a little more than a year left before gt-four's start pouring in. I'm game for next summer smile.gif
jordisonjr
QUOTE (block @ Aug 9, 2017 - 9:53 PM) *
Me too....me too.

On the bright side, only a little more than a year left before gt-four's start pouring in. I'm game for next summer smile.gif

When do they become legal in the states?
That's the date my dreams of ever owning one will be crushed when the prices sky-rocket laugh.gif
Box
25 years old, 1994 was first model year but I think it goes by month so August-December of '93 or so plus 25 years would be around this time next year.
1994Celica
I think when I turn 25 I'll buy a white preferably lhd GT4 as a birthday gift to myself since we're the same age biggrin.gif
msk59
So would these be refurbished cars from the factory or just used imports from Japan?

This is so true. My first car was first gen 1974 celica ST. i bought it from a friend in 1989 for $250. I learned so much on it. Every weekend while my friends would go drinking and partying, I would be at the U-Pull auto parts in Omaha NE, finding parts to upgrade my car. So I bought electric choke from 1975 car; a 5 speed gearbox. and redid the rings and pistons over one weekend. Had no clue what I am doing but it came out OK.

Fast forward to 2014, and driving to get groceries, I spotted this one 1996 ST. Called owner no answer, left message, two weeks later he calls back. Test drove it, drove fine. I offered him what I thought was fair, he refused and we went our ways. 4 weeks later, he calls me and asked me to come get the car. I will probably trade it in for a newer 370Z or something else I liked. But every time I drive it I enjoy it. I cannot put my finger on it but I just like it. Anyway one of these days it will be gone and then I will miss it for sure just like i miss my first one.

I would love to keep it but finding body parts is getting difficult for example door cards rubber that hold the glass has lost is grippy-ness and when windows are down, and you close the door the whole window shakes.
NgoFcukinWay
I bought a bigger Celica to replace my old Celica.
Box
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Aug 11, 2017 - 12:20 AM) *

You bought a tC?
jordisonjr
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Aug 11, 2017 - 1:20 AM) *

Sorry to hear that laugh.gif
NgoFcukinWay
QUOTE (Box @ Aug 11, 2017 - 1:19 AM) *
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Aug 11, 2017 - 12:20 AM) *

You bought a tC?

It's more of a Honda Eclipse RSTi2.5 Cummins PowerStroke Denali GSR. It's pretty awesome. It's fully loaded while at the same time it's not.
tomazws
Hi old members!!!
97lestyousay
QUOTE (tomazws @ Sep 9, 2017 - 9:16 PM) *
Hi old members!!!

Hi laugh.gif
ditto I miss mine as well
cheela
6gc love never dies.
glad to see you OGs back in here every once in a while.
95CelicaST
Some of us never left after selling our Celicas...
block
No Celica and I'm still here lingering around. Been on many other car forums and this is by far the best.
creis
sup guys

I'm on the wait train for a gt-four as well. probably end up selling my wrx for it but maybe not idk.
95CelicaST
QUOTE (creis @ Oct 4, 2017 - 8:57 AM) *
sup guys

I'm on the wait train for a gt-four as well. probably end up selling my wrx for it but maybe not idk.

From out of nowhere...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.